Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 07:14 PM

73,192 posts, read 63,046,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Yeah, they are bigots, real ones and there are welfare moms too. I've had the pleasure of meeting both and could probably find a few in my extended family. The squeaky wheel gets attention because it's noisy.
We all have that cousin or uncle we don't want coming over for the holiday. lol But most people are just embarrassed by that.

The more we lump us all into groups, the easier it will be to mistake someone for another. Were already doing it on here, the blacks do this, the whites do this. Pretty soon its just groups and not individuals. That will just create more opposition and the problem will grow on each side like its been growing lately. That's a shame since it was at a low five years ago.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hate-ri...on-assignment/

Trump supporters don't equal white supremacists and Obama and Hilary supporters don't equal BLM or criminals but that's what the media makes you think because they just want the tension and that's really dangerous. They encourage people to go on these forums and go protest shouting this back and forth and create a reality we just didn't have a few years back.

The media wants you to think blacks are all criminals and hate whites and whites are all Nazis and hate people of color. Its just a dangerous game and it will have consequences we will be sickened by. All boils down to politics and our political news really. They're just inflating it for their own good. I hope the damage is minimal, and we grow up soon.
I've seen many bigots in my life, and I've dealt with their wrath personally. And not just from those who happened to be White. I've been subjected to hate and racial tensions from Hispanic persons, as well as South Asians. I've met a few African and West Indian individuals who looked down on American Blacks. It's all over.

As for welfare mothers, well, I think of this. It is understandable if you fall on hard times and you need help. Making it a lifestyle, however, that isn't a good idea. As for the perpetual welfare mother, that is something I often never noticed. I went to middle school and high school in a semi-rural area(exurbs of metro Atlanta). I would have no idea who is on welfare because no one would announce it. I did witness the teenage pregnancy rate skyrocket in my high school. I wonder how many ended up on welfare for a time. I never grew up in the ghetto, so this was something new to me, until I was forced to know about it.

Lumping people into groups is easy to do. It doesn't require critical thinking. And this kind of thinking has existed forever. Hate has always been in society.

I don't really believe the media wants people to believe all Blacks are criminals and Whites hate Blacks. I think the media is just in this to make money. The media will use anything to make money. I don't think many who control the media care whether or not racial hatred continues. People just want money. Anything that grabs attention will get ratings and money.

I don't think every person who voted for Trump is a White supremacist. There is one concern I do have. With the rise of Trump, this has attracted those who do foster White supremacist views and they are vocal. As for Obama, I think about that video of a woman who thought former President Obama would pay her bills. I thought "what an idiot. No President is going to pay her bills". I know why she would think he would, but nonetheless, she's nuts for thinking that way. I don't think "BLM" automatically when it comes to those who voted for Obama or Clinton.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,994,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, this thread was started with the intent of figuring out why many conservatives are obsessed with "Black issues". It wasn't to bash Black people. Many people, who happen to not be liberals, came in with the purpose of bashing Blacks.
The purpose of the thread is to give a platform for liberals, particularly black liberals, to call conservatives racists and otherwise trash and smear them.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:28 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,583,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Ignorance is not bliss. The numbers just don't add up, and until we get robocops we won't solve the side effect of having humans as police officers. BLM only shined a light on statistical probability. That many police officers will, of course, have a certain percentage that will make bad shots. You will have that with any job. A certain percentage will fail at it.

All we're doing is pointing out the percentage of failure we are having hiring humans to police criminals. There is just a certain percentage that will shoot out of fear before they have anything to fear. We cant get rid of human error.

What is happening though is cops are starting to ignore areas of high crime so that it lowers their percentage of making a mistake. So still deaths just less that our the fault of officers.
This is exactly what is happening. Would you police an area where you are not wanted?

Old 10-29-2017, 12:05 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,149,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The purpose of the thread is to give a platform for liberals, particularly black liberals, to call conservatives racists and otherwise trash and smear them.
Seems like the conservatives on here used it as an opportunity to air their grievances against Blacks

Old 10-29-2017, 12:59 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,339,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Hell, I do that on a bunch of threads. I didn’t need this thread to do that.

Old 10-29-2017, 01:16 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,848,232 times
OP you need to take a look at Democrats. A republican can't even sneeze and Democrats are screaming "that's racist!" It's all for political benefit.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:45 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,339,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
OP you need to take a look at Democrats. A republican can't even sneeze and Democrats are screaming "that's racist!" It's all for political benefit.
That’s because a Republican nowadays can hardly sneeze without actually saying something that’s racist or pretty close to the line of racist.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:25 AM

2,679 posts, read 1,713,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s because a Republican nowadays can hardly sneeze without actually saying something that’s racist or pretty close to the line of racist.
I agree here. I followed the Trump campaign closely. When I heard the “they’re bringing guns, they’re bringing drugs.”

I knew what time it was.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:22 PM

37,954 posts, read 17,972,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I agree here. I followed the Trump campaign closely. When I heard the “they’re bringing guns, they’re bringing drugs.”
Trump specifically said it was the fault of the mexican government, Not that you care aboutthe truth. How could you when you are so obessed with falsely playing the race card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I knew what time it was.
Time for you to falsely play the race card of course.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:24 PM

37,954 posts, read 17,972,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hell, I do that on a bunch of threads. I didn’t need this thread to do that.
Why make it about policy when one can falsely play the race card? Progressive policies are failures. I know, that's just me being racist, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies