Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 01:28 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am very appalled the Christians -well so called Christians are backing him---God help that state// wonder how many pedophiles will move there with such acceptance.... they sure can leave FL!
I understand what you and others are saying, but please try not to judge all. Not all Christians feel this way, not all Alabaman's. Let's not forget all the people that are fighting it. The ones who are using "psyops" tactics to control the argument have an agenda. If enough fall for it they win. Unfortunately many are weak.

Republican Women in Alabama Begin to Turn on Roy Moore

ANNISTON, Alabama—B.L. Shirley is a Republican woman from a Republican county who always—always—votes Republican. And yet, on a windy, grey morning last weekend, the Talladega, Alabama, retiree found herself in, of all places, a Democrat’s campaign office, wondering just what she could do to defeat the GOP candidate running for a seat in the U.S. Senate from her state.
“Roy Moore,” she said, when asked why she would go canvassing for Democrat Doug Jones before the special election on Dec. 12. “I think Roy Moore is an impostor. I am a Christian and I don’t want to be counted in his camp. He’s a divisive person.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republ...n-on-roy-moore

Last edited by motownnative; 11-26-2017 at 02:05 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 01:28 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,380,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The end goal is absolutely a complete disarmament of the citizenry.
No it isn't. The Democratic Party has never called for a complete disarmament of if the citizenry. Protections against mentally ill people getting firearms, criminal background checks, etc., sure we back that but the vast majority would not back a total ban. We do not support a total or near total ban on firearms such as the situation in Japan or certain other countries, if that is what you are claiming. That claim is purely a right wing scare tactic.
Millions of Democrats own guns.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 11-26-2017 at 02:12 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 01:29 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
The Dems have proven time and again what happens to guns when they control a state. Their long term dream is to confiscate all guns in America. When you vote Dem you vote for gun confiscation plain and simple...that is the bottom line.
If I were you, I'd be more afraid of Republicans trying to take away your health insurance, which they unabashedly are trying to do, than afraid of Democrats trying to take away your guns, which they aren't trying to do.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You're not equating Stephen Colbert, MSNBC, CNN, the View or HuffPost with legitimate news agencies are you?
CNN yes. It isnt perfect, but is far more professional than Infiwars, Breitbart,and far more so than many right wingers care to admit. Rightwingers don't like it because it doesnt have the right wing slant they are accustomed to. It isnt perfect. My preferred sources are the AP and Reuters, the wire services have people directly in the field, and the BBC, which has an excellent reputation for bipartisanship.
I don't know of any educated person who considers Colbert a news source. I oftrn agree with him, but he is an entertainer who offers editorial content clearly branded as such...not as news.
HuffPost and MSNBC...I am not prrsonally familiar enough with them to offer an informed opinion one way or anotger.
And while I think that journalistic standards in general aren't they oigjt to be, that is not the tack most righties I know take. Many right wingers I know denounce every news source that doesn't eagerly embrace right wing views while eagerly embracing Breitbart, Fox, Infowars etc...which are heavily partisan. So much so that it is immediately apparent. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 11-26-2017 at 02:15 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkerdom View Post
I wouldn't vote for Moore, but the evidence against him is getting flimsy. Even the mall owner said he wasn't banned
What the former Mall manager said, was that he "had no knowledge" that Moore was banned. That doesn't mean that he wasn't. Then we have Former Alabama police officer: We knew Roy Moore liked 'young girls' at the mall, “We were advised that he was being suspended from the mall because he would hang around the young girls that worked in the stores and, you know, really got into a place of where they say he was harassing,”

Old 11-26-2017, 01:47 PM

[quote=slackercruster;50227762]Is a child molester better than having a Dem voted in? That was the question on TV this morning. Well, the answer is a simple YES.

The ignorant Dems just don't get it. That is why they can't understand how someone like Trump ever got in. They thought that when Trump's 'grab her by the *****' comment was broadcast it would have been the end of Trump. Just as many other of Trump's extreme comments and views.

Lets look at this one '*****' issue in realistic terms to help the poor Dems understand how the real world is.

OK, a Rep says to themselves Trump is terrible, he disrespects women, so I will vote for Hil...and then she can confiscate my guns.

OK, a Rep says to themselves, I wont go for a child molester, let me vote Dem...and then they can confiscate my guns.

The Dems have proven time and again what happens to guns when they control a state. Their long term dream is to confiscate all guns in America. When you vote Dem you vote for gun confiscation plain and simple...that is the bottom line.[/QUOTE
In what state have the Dems backed confiscating everyone's guns? What does happen when the Dems control a state? Tge blue states are far more prosperous, innovative, incusive, and open minded than the typical red state. Don't believe me...look at tge electoral map of the red and blue states and compare that to a map showing howing the states fare in terms of income, educational attainment, patents issued, etc. Even in red states the most prosperous and innovative areas are often the bluest...case in point Austin.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM

I think the morality issue has been well aired. My view is about the political one now. Kellyanne Conaway recently stated that she wants Moore to win, because he'll be a vote for the President's tax bill. We'll, that's a very good reason not to vote for Moore. The bills have a 25% approval rating for good reason -- they lavish tax-cuts on the rich and pay for them by increasing taxes on the middle class, add to the debt and have scant economic benefits.

Voting for Jones, who will likely vote against these bills, adds one more vote than can kill a horrible attack on the middle class.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The whole argument is ridiculous. Do these fools really think that only Republicans own guns?
They probably know better but it diesn't really influence their thoughts and actions because their mindset is framed by what they are exposed to on Fox, Breitbart, Infowars, and the many other right wing sites. If you peruse these boards you see an astounding amount of misinformation about what those on the left believe and advocate and why they do so. And they are more likely to attack your character if you try to explain what you really believe to them (many of them love to tell you what you believe and why, even if they have to shout you down to do it. Which is bizarre). An exteme lack of understanding of how the other half believes and how it came to believe that way.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:59 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You must be a Democrat. I feel so bad for you. But, for many there is nothing lower than a left winger that wants to destroy America.
Yes there is something worse and it’s a person who molests and preys on children

Old 11-26-2017, 02:06 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
The timing of these accusations is what makes this such a slippery issue. If these 40 year old accusations came out before the primaries when the GOP voters could factor them in to the decision when casting their primary vote it would be a different situation. Instead the accusations were held back until after the primaries, and at a point where it was too late to replace Moore on the ballot. The timing proves that it's not about morality, it's a naked power grab. Voters don't like to be played like this. If the voters of Alabama decide they aren't going to allow themselves to be forced by dirty political tricks into handing their senate seat over to the democrats, I won't blame them one bit.

To anyone who is thinking of answering by saying "the truth about a candidate is not a dirty political trick" please see the bolded above.
If this was out of the blue, then you can't blame them. There's some I'm skeptical about. There's been enough out there to back up Moore being a scumbag though. He's worse then many of these others being accused, he's known to not be trusted around little girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies