Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 06:24 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times

Advertisements

I have a few thoughts. If it is true, I hope the guy gets what's coming to him. But the timing is way suspect and this adds to the now practically bizarre focus on sex abuse that is going on. I say something HUGE is about to get dumped on us, and this is all being done to muddy the waters so there isn't as big a shock as it might normally be. Hillary, looking right at you and the Podestas on this.
Then too, we've seen that that standard dem operating procedure is to accuse your opponents of crimes that you are guilty of. Uranium One is going to take Hillary down( but that's the least of her crimes) and they started this phony Trump/ Russia collusion as a smokescreen to draw attention away from that. So these sex allegations have got to be at least in part the same twisted strategy.
And I think we're seeing a planned and thought out program to weaken and destabilize both parties and weed out select office holders that aren't on the payroll, so to speak. Moore is an outsider as is Trump. Other politicians have decided to not seek re election which was unheard of not long ago. These people are being coerced or blackmailed to leave office because they aren't playing ball or there's someone who is supposed to replace them that will.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:28 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its amazing to me that you have already judged these four separate allegations to be false. Its one thing to demand further proof or to keep an open mind until you have heard the whole story. Its another thing to automatically conclude something is false because it goes against a candidate in your favored party or appears in a newspaper that you despise.

I remember years ago, John Edwards was accused of fathering a child out of wedlock with his girlfriend by the National Enquirer. The National Enquirer has an abysmal record for telling the truth. Yet, I focused on the allegation that was made. When that allegation turned out to be true, I could not have supported John Edwards in an election to be dogcatcher.

Its too bad so many conservatives are "tribal" in their approach to Roy Moore's actions. It gives me little hope we can somehow bridge the huge chasms that separate different political parties and factions in America today.
People are missing the point, moore has been elected before in Alabama....why are these ladies just now coming out? 40 years....

Old 11-10-2017, 06:28 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Only in Alabama. A state Republican politician weighs in on the Roy Moore allegations:

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus," Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. "There's just nothing immoral or illegal here.
Exactly. Alabama is the home of Jeff Sessions, poster boy of Christian morality

Old 11-10-2017, 06:31 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course it is for you....

But moore has been around for a long time, a judge and many other things in the governmental world that he had to be elected to....why now?

Sorry, but if you feel one accusation is good enough for you, from 40 years ago....well...
I wonder if you were so charitable with allegations of sexual misconduct against Clinton?

Be that it may, the accusations against Moore are made by multiple accusers. I believe them. Not him.

Many time allegations come out years later. Especially in molestation cases. I'd rather know it now than later.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:38 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
People are missing the point, moore has been elected before in Alabama....why are these ladies just now coming out? 40 years....
The environment for women to report sexual harassment or misconduct has changed.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:39 AM

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. Alabama is the home of Jeff Sessions, poster boy of Christian morality
After years of progress, Alabama is once again a national disgrace. The people of that state need to step up and live what they say they believe.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I wonder if you were so charitable with allegations of sexual misconduct against Clinton?

Be that it may, the accusations against Moore are made by multiple accusers. I believe them. Not him.

Many time allegations come out years later. Especially in molestation cases. I'd rather know it now than later.
So the teenagers who witnessed this didn't tell anyone? I'd think they would considering the position he held. The timing is off too.

No reason to believe her based on "she said so". Not until evidence comes out, can reasonable people come to a conclusion.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:42 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
But fear not, you "conservative" defenders of the accused child molester/statutory rapist, you now have the ZIEGLER DEFENSE.

The Strange Defenses From Roy Moore Loyalists

Yes, child molestation is okay because of Mary and Joseph.

Is it any wonder people are cynical of religion and church attendance is falling.

Since the evidence is mounting against the sleaze Moore, it is inevitable what will follow: The Jimmy Swaggert Moment.

He will go on TV, cry and look to the heavens and scream, "FORGIVE ME LORD FOR I AM A SINNER.!"

You know it is coming.
Maybe Moore can get Jim Bakker as a character witness. Or Warren Jeffs.

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post

Even here in the United States of America we condone child rape and sexual assault on religious grounds.
you are going to have to provide proof of that statement.

there have been cases of parents killing their children because they became more 'western' than the parents liked, and they felt justified in murdering their child. these parents have been brought to trial and found guilty of murder.

our laws top religious beliefs.

I never heard of a case of religion-inspired child rape that was condoned in the US. warren jeffs; remember him?

so, please provide proof of your allegation from a reputable source, not from a conspiracy blog.

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Innocent until proven guilty....sound familiar?

Quote:

He has been elected numerous times here in Alabama....

If it's true, throw the book at him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies