Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 05:22 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Oh, so your argument is that since most allegations are true, it is proof that this allegation is true.

Thank goodness you're not a judge.
Once I pointed out how ridiculous your argument was you pivoted and and tried to put words in my mouth laughable. Quit being obtuse.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:23 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Of course facts don't matter to you when it's a person you don't like.

"He's guilty because he's accused. He should prove he is innocent. This is America, where accusations are proof of guilt!"
I choose to believe the interviews and the stories corroborated by the other girls, you seem to believe Roy Moore and take him at his word, those are the two choices. It's Roy Moore vs the 4 girls and the other 30 interviewed.

He doesn't have to prove anything, the voters will go forward and most likely send him to the senate regardless. I wouldn't vote for him but he will have his support., either way this doesn't help an already dysfunctional government.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:23 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
BULL my dad did not go out chasing children when was 32 .

MEN as in real MEN don't go after little girls , pedophiles do. a man of 30 trying to have sex with a little girl is no man at all and you know it.

Moore is clearly an awful human being. you are aware of the awful things he has said and done over the years. and his pattern is clear. defending him is defending sex abusers hold yourself to a higher standard Pedro.
Kate Upton was 19 when she appeared on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit addition cover, and several of the models that have appeared in it were 18 at the time.

Is Sports Illustrated a magazine for pedophiles?

Old 11-10-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I choose to believe the interviews and the stories corroborated by the other girls, you seem to believe Roy Moore and take him at his word, those are the two choices. It's Roy Moore vs the 4 girls and the other 30 interviewed.

He doesn't have to prove anything, the voters will go forward and most likely send him to the senate regardless. I wouldn't vote for him but he will have his support., either way this doesn't help an already dysfunctional government.
What does a woman saying she dated Moore when she was 18 corroborate?

Old 11-10-2017, 05:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm looking at it from a perspective of a girl in my teens in the 70's. It was weird when a grown man made a pass at me.
To you.

As someone who was in high school in the late '70s I remember that girls were far more interested in guys in their 20s and even early 30s than the guys who they were going to school with

Old 11-10-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is very public. This is not the norm.

i
10% being false doesn't qualify as being the norm, but it does show that false accusations occur.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:28 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
The 70's were a different time. Tons of hit songs were abou girls that age. You are looking at it through lenses that are 40 years different.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bnlv1wd13fY
No, I’m looking at it through the lens of what is and what was acceptable. Roy Moore already acknowledged to a pattern of behavior where he sought out teens to date when he was in his 30s. If he did pursue a 14 year old, it would be unacceptable. Can this be proven unequivocally after so many years have passed? Of course not.

But Roy Moore has demonstrated a pattern of dating teens when he was in his 30s. He sought out opportunities to meet teenaged girls. Given his pattern, would it be a leap to believe he actually committed the alleged acts with a 14 year old? Of course not.

Even 40 years ago, I’m sure a 32 year old undressing and kissing a 14 year old was considered unacceptable in the US. I’m not asking you to determine Moore’s guilt or innocence. All I’m asking is that Americans, regardless of political affiliation, condemn this alleged act. This was, and is, unacceptable.

Unless you are Jim Zeigler, then it is Mary Joseph Baby Jesus a-ok.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:28 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Let’s see how the “moral majority” votes in Alabama now.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
No, I’m looking at it through the lens of what is and what was acceptable. Roy Moore already acknowledged to a pattern of behavior where he sought out teens to date when he was in his 30s. If he did pursue a 14 year old, it would be unacceptable. Can this be proven unequivocally after so many years have passed? Of course not.

But Roy Moore has demonstrated a pattern of dating teens when he was in his 30s. He sought out opportunities to meet teenaged girls. Given his pattern, would it be a leap to believe he actually committed the alleged acts with a 14 year old? Of course not.

Even 40 years ago, I’m sure a 32 year old undressing and kissing a 14 year old was considered unacceptable in the US. I’m not asking you to determine Moore’s guilt or innocence. All I’m asking is that Americans, regardless of political affiliation, condemn this alleged act. This was, and is, unacceptable.

Unless you are Jim Zeigler, then it is Mary Joseph Baby Jesus a-ok.
Many men in their 30's are attracted to women who are 18. He didn't break any laws by going out with either the 17-year-old or 18-year-old.

Are men in their 30's who buy the SI swimsuit issue pedophiles? Kate Upton was on the cover at 19, and many of the model appeared at 18.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:32 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
The 70's were a different time. Tons of hit songs were abou girls that age. You are looking at it through lenses that are 40 years different.
ROFLMAO!

do you also think women vacuumed the house wearing high heels and pearls?

those guys didn't look 32 to me, more like 19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies