Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 12:35 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
<>Well, THAT'S evidence.

Ken
Evidence his actions may have messed with her mind all those years ago?
I am not a psych-whatever, but I've read that sort of thing can have a range of effects from none to severe.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You realized that the Gateway Pundit printed this five days ago and not one MSM -- including Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. hav epicked it up. You do know what that means? You do right?

Old 11-15-2017, 12:40 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You realized that the Gateway Pundit printed this five days ago and not one MSM -- including Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. hav epicked it up. You do know what that means? You do right?
And even if there were a grain of truth in this report, it could be argued that trauma caused by Moore's behavior during his victim's adolescence led to dysfunction in her later life.

In any case, her later life is not relevant to the accusations of what occurred when she was just 14 years old. This comes across as an effort to smear her character and credibility, nothing more.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:41 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
This is a case of it's not what he is saying (which isn't much of anything) but what he's not saying. His silence speaks volumes.
For something like this to land in the lap of the fat man is "poetic justice"! Deal with it Donny.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:42 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
It will be hard for Trump to condemn a man who has proclivities that are near and dear to Trump's own. He'd probably much rather sit and swap "locker room" talk with the guy than condemn him for things I'm sure Trump doesn't see as criminal or amoral in any way.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:45 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
Haha. Trump's between a rock and a hard place.

Can't betray bromance with Bannon and needs the GOP establishment to pass his tax bill. Sad!

Plus how can someone who has groped and hit on women, barged in on young beauty contestants getting undressed say anything about Moore?

Old 11-15-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So the guy with the ready insults,comments and itchy twitter finger on just about anything and everything has apparently been rendered mute when it comes to the pedophile running for the Senate in Alabama.

Why so quiet Donny - is it because you have no moral authority on this subject, lack the guts, or don't want to rile up all the women you have (allegedly) assaulted yourself?

We are waiting
Smart move for most Presidents but because Trump seems to comment on anything and everything it does seem odd.

He can't win.

Moore is Bannon's pick. If he trashes Moore -- Bannon wil be mad and I think Trump is afriad of what Bannon could do to him in the media.

If he supports Moore now while it seems things are getting worse each day for Moore -- it will suggest he supports creepy old men creeping after young girls. Imagine that!!

Old 11-15-2017, 12:49 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Evidence his actions may have messed with her mind all those years ago?
I am not a psych-whatever, but I've read that sort of thing can have a range of effects from none to severe.
Indeed, if those claims that that's the way her life went after the assault are true, you could certainly make that argument - which simply makes what Moore apparently did all that much worse. The guy is a PERVERT. And at this point I can't understand why ANY who wasn't a kindred spirit with such person would continue to defend him. There's been MULTIPLE women - who apparently don't even know each other - who have reported similar events, there's local townspeople who corroborate the women's tales, they have Roy Moores' signature in the yearbook listing the date and location when Roy claims he never met the woman and never heard of the restaurant, folks who worked at the mall which Moore was banned from back up the fact that Moore was a pervert who repeatedly pursued teenage girls, the mother and sister of the latest accuser have said admitted that she told them about the incident years ago, etc, etc, etc.
The evidence seems OVERWHELMING - and from MULTIPLE sources.
The guy is a PERVERT - but then again maybe that's WHY he's the perfect representative for his state. That's something the states' voters will have to decide.

Ken

Old 11-15-2017, 12:49 PM

And yes -- could the trauma have impacted her choices afterwards. Most definitely.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:53 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/6/14179240/wikileaks-russia-tiesThe ruskies hacked the DNC and gave the emails to wikki. They are considered an arm of the ruskies.<>
I keep coming back to the embarrassing idea that the subject emails aren't forgeries and may have been upsetting to people formerly loyal to the Democrat Party.
See also, "Emperor, Clothes, New"
Proof is a long time coming, but this person seems to agree with you:
https://20committee.com/2015/08/31/w...-intelligence/
I have no idea what bones this guy has to pick, but . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies