Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 09:45 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Listen to his interview with Hannity. He did it.
Yep. Even Hannity has been forced to admit this.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:46 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He signed the yearbook of the latest accuser with a creepy love message. He knew her. Even numerous interviews with people from the town said they always heard these stories about Moore growing up, but just kind of ignored them. Nobody wanted to speak out.
I suspect that bucking a guy like Moore back then would be like being one of those guys on Deliverance. I remember kids back in the 60's and 70's getting slammed into the lockers at school by the principal for having long hair. That was in MO. Not the deep south.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I beg to differ. I knew plenty of girls in my high school who dated college guys. We hated those guys.
College guy is not 30.

In 1978 I began a relationship with a 40 year old I was 19 when it started.

Looking back now - -he should have known better. I wasn't completely naive and yes I went along with it...but what a stupid idea. It wasn't right. I wasn't ready for a relationship with a man who had had two marriages, etc.

I was naive, he wasn't.

It wasn't right -- and NONE of my friends or family knew because guess what -- they would have freaked out.

It just wasn't right. I wish I had been a little more mature, secure and aware.

I wish he had been a little smarter and caring for my well being.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:47 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
There are many songs from the 70's , 80's that allude to dating or partying with underage girls. My wife and I were talking about it a few months ago. Seems like everyone was pervy back then ..LOL
I do remember being in 8th grade, and one of the girls in 9th was very mature looking for her age. She always claimed to date college guys. That was early 80's.

Rod Stewart - Young Turks , although they never say the age of the guy.
Rod Stewart - Hot Legs
The Cars - Let's Go
Don’t Stand So Close to Me - The Police

Old 11-15-2017, 09:53 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
There are many songs from the 70's , 80's that allude to dating or partying with underage girls. My wife and I were talking about it a few months ago. Seems like everyone was pervy back then ..LOL
I do remember being in 8th grade, and one of the girls in 9th was very mature looking for her age. She always claimed to date college guys. That was early 80's.

Rod Stewart - Hot Legs
The Cars - Let's Go
All those rock stars were probably doing underage girls. I always thought of groupies as teens. Movies like Rock and Roll High School and Fast Times at Ridgemont High had teen girls chasing after older guys.

In real life my friend was sixteen dating a mid-twenties guy in a band. A total loser but at the time he was the cool guy. A lot of stuff went on without it being considered horrible or pedo like it seems now. When a teacher hit on me we just laughed it off.

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I said that I had no comment on the accusations ( I think they are true and I dislike the Bible thumping Moore). I just wondered why the accusations came up after the republican primary. Looks like a hatchet job.
You haven't followed very well. WP was just in Al to do a story on Moore the pervert and they were contacted by others and given the lead to follow. Any journalist would jump at that. Vetted and proven true before it was released. Other Al citizens have came forward.

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
What if Moore honestly did not do this, do you think a party would ruin a man life because they could? You think this could be for the hat of trump? Are the parties that evil?
what if he did?

based on his answers it definitely leans toward something inappropriate.

wash hands and walk away

Old 11-15-2017, 09:54 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
I agree it is unusual. But there's no reason, biologically speaking, why a 30 year old man can not be attracted to a 14 year old girl.
Yes, but that doesn't make it right. He acted on it and used his title to protect him according to several accusers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
But there's a legal and moral reason why he shouldn't act on that impulse.
You would think but people defend anything these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
True. But a decent and moral man wouldn't act on that attraction. [sorry to repeat point gringo. you got in two seconds ahead of me.]
It should be but morals are weird. Like how the soldiers during the Crusades were justified in killing Muslims.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:58 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:

Rod Stewart - Hot Legs
The Cars - Let's Go
For someone over 18, it was the forbidden fruit (which has it's attractions) and everyone knew that.

For anyone under 18 it was a song for them.

For instance ... If a guy is seventeen and there is a song about Sweet Sixteen it can be quite appropriate to them, regardless of who sings it. The performer conveys the message.

For a 30 year old a 'sweet sixteen' song might be cute, or have good dance steps or a nice catchy melody, or (more likely) pleasant reminiscences ... but it is not an encouragement to pedophilia. It does not reflect an endorsement for child abuse on the part of the listening public.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:00 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Are you suggesting victims should only speak up when it is politically convenient for the accused? The answer is a YES or a NO. If your answer is NO, then there is no need to waste your time wondering about the timing of the accusation. Hope this helps.
Nothing in politics is black or white and nothing is as clear cut as it seems. If you believe that it is, I have a bridge to sell to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies