Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 11:39 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I am with the poster Kamban. I'm not a supporter of this Moore character. Never heard of him until all the hubbub not long ago as he was running against another fella. Why didn't these accusations come out then? Or maybe they did but only from the local media. We're only asking.

Why did they not come out in the run off election?

Not supporting moore either...I would not vote for either....

Old 11-15-2017, 11:42 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I believe Roy Moore told Hannity he expected more to come forward. If anyone would know its him.

So I am sure there are more whether or not the want to go public with all the horrible comments that will follow is anyone's guess.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:49 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,533,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I believe Roy Moore told Hannity he expected more to come forward. If anyone would know its him.
So I am sure there are more whether or not the want to go public with all the horrible comments that will follow is anyone's guess.
The real explosion will happen when some willing young girlfriends show up.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:50 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
As for not speaking up: when I was seventeen, my high school class went to Washington, D.C. on the train for our senior trip. We were on the train overnight and arrived in D.C. the next morning.

When night came, I sat facing forward in a double seat, with a nicely dressed middle-aged man, not a teacher-chaperone or connected with our class at all, across from me. I had previously been across the aisle, playing cards with my classmates, but at 10:00, our chaperones had us return to our assigned seats and the lights were dimmed and we were told to try to sleep.

The stranger across from me didn't speak other than to say hello when I took my seat, but as soon as the lights were dimmed, he began rubbing his crotch through his clothes, continually and very obviously, all the while staring at me. I feigned sleep but could see him through three-quarter closed eyes. He didn't expose himself, but it was all too clear what he was doing.

I had no idea what to do. I could not confront him - it would have been my word against his, and what chance would I have had of being believed? (Looking back, I am sure I would have been believed and supported, had I just gone to a chaperoning teacher - our basketball coach/algebra teacher was a chaperone, for goodness's sake, and he could have made mincemeat of the guy). And what could be done - throw the guy off the train? I was too embarrassed and self-conscious to speak to a chaperone - I would have had no words to describe this creep's behavior, and didn't want to make a scene or become the talk of my classmates.

I had never been subjected to anything like this before. I don't remember which classmate was beside me across from this man - should ask around, I suppose. I certainly was not prepared in any way to confront the pervert.

So I did nothing. Just pretended to be asleep, and hoped he'd quit or better yet, go away. Eventually, morning came and the man was gone.

I never told anyone about this incident to this day. Until now. It did not leave any lasting emotional scars that I am aware of, but I have never forgotten how scared and helpless I felt- and it took place over 50 years ago.

So I can clearly understand how a 14, 15, or 18 year old girl - or boy - would be reluctant to report predatory behavior on the part of an adult. Kids are vulnerable, and they are incredibly self-conscious and sensitive about being singled out.

That cuts both ways - those perverts who prey upon teens using flattery and "romance" initially, as well as those who engage in obscene behaviors or who make threats. They know their prey is likely to be too self-conscious and embarrassed and cowed to do anything, and it's about power for them. And particularly if "romance" is part of the deal, they know that they are highly unlikely to be reported. Throw in high status in the community - and these creeps have a free pass.

It appears that Moore did all three: he used "romance", engaged in obscene behaviors, and made threats - not just threats, he used physical force to try to get his way. On minor girls, repeatedly.

Lock him up.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 11-15-2017 at 12:00 PM..

Old 11-15-2017, 11:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

It appears that Moore did all three: he used "romance", engaged in obscene behaviors, and made threats - not just threats, he used physical force to try to get his way. On minor girls, repeatedly.

Lock him up.
Wow, this tale keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's now a real whopper. What will be added to it next? Kidnapping?

Funny that none of this has been mentioned in all the years he was a judge.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:00 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
The real explosion will happen when some willing young girlfriends show up.
That would be something. You have to figure he did not strike out every single time.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:02 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wow, this tale keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's now a real whopper. What will be added to it next? Kidnapping?

You weren't a teenager in the deep south back then. Quarterbacking this many years ago get's us no where.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:03 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I have a close female friend of mine that was sexually assaulted when she was 15. She is now in her 40's. Its come up in conversations 3 times since I have known her and she cries and is visibly shaken every single time. In fact when I watched the news conference it reminded me of my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Odd, I am also Southern (not that it should signify), and I thought she was absolutely sincere and in great pain at recalling a very traumatic and frightening memory and at reliving and publicly telling what occurred when she was a helpless young girl in the hands of a bully and a predator. No sign of fakery whatsoever.
Well, I guess I saw it differently.

Peace!

Old 11-15-2017, 12:08 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,400 times
Default Trump is Crickets on Roy Moore

So the guy with the ready insults,comments and itchy twitter finger on just about anything and everything has apparently been rendered mute when it comes to the pedophile running for the Senate in Alabama.

Why so quiet Donny - is it because you have no moral authority on this subject, lack the guts, or don't want to rile up all the women you have (allegedly) assaulted yourself?

We are waiting

Old 11-15-2017, 12:09 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Well, yes, you could term locking a teenager in a car against her will and refusing to let her out as kidnapping. It meets the legal definition.

Did you read all of my post about why teens might be too intimidated to speak out?

(1) The first witness said that she was 14 - 14! - when Moore took her to his house, removed most of his and her clothes, and proceeded to touch her and himself in sexual ways.

(2) Others report that Moore attempted to romance them, with sweet words and lots of attention - only to assault them later.

(3) The most recent witness said that Moore said that he was powerful and she was "just a child", and that no one would believe her word over his, so she'd better keep quiet if she knew what was good for her.

No whoppers here. Just illustrations of the three things I cited in my previous post.

You can add kidnapping - thanks for the suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies