Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 11:19 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
You haven’t been following it much, but somehow have information that no parking lot existed? Where did you see that?

Aren’t there older car locks where the little post disappears into the door?

Yes indeed. We even had electronic door locks in 1977, including the system where if you push down one lock it would automatically lock the other door. I will note that Ms. Nelson referred to Mr. Moore as having a 'two door' car.

For those interested, here is a link to the transcript of Ms. Nelson's statement:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/u...statement.html

Old 11-15-2017, 11:21 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,669,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
1. I won’t have to call you out on straw man arguments if you would just stop making them.

2. I completely agree. You can find the timing strange all you want but given you agree victims should speak up at any time, it is a moot point.

3. Again, see #1. You are making a straw man argument again.

Hope this helps.
We are going in circles. Neither side wil change the viewpoint of the other. Let us agree to disagree and move on.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:22 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I've not been following this closely so forgive me if someone already mentioned this.

The waitress who said Moore locked his car doors so she couldn't escape and drove her around back to the parking lot behind the restaurant --

Cars didn't have child locks back then
This restaurant didn't have a parking lot behind it.
She didn't sat Moore locked the car door child lock. She said he reached across her and locked the door.
Likewise she didn't say it was a "parking lot", she said he pulled into the dark space between the restaurant and the dumpster.
But as you admitted, you are pretty clueless about this subject - and it shows.

Ken

Old 11-15-2017, 11:22 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I've not been following this closely so forgive me if someone already mentioned this.

The waitress who said Moore locked his car doors so she couldn't escape and drove her around back to the parking lot behind the restaurant --

Cars didn't have child locks back then
This restaurant didn't have a parking lot behind it.
She also testified that he had his arm around her, which would have pinned her right arm to her side, and was forcing her head down into his groin.

Try unlocking a car door under those circumstances.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:23 AM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Not defending this southerner (Moore) by any stretch but after seeing this woman on tv crying like you said (as if it was recent) rubbed me the wrong way. I know we have repressed memories and all that but I really think she was faking (not saying it didn't happen).
I have a close female friend of mine that was sexually assaulted when she was 15. She is now in her 40's. Its come up in conversations 3 times since I have known her and she cries and is visibly shaken every single time.

In fact when I watched the news conference it reminded me of my friend.

You don't know of what you speak.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:25 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
She didn't sat Moore locked the car door child lock. She said he reached across her and locked the door.
Likewise she didn't say it was a "parking lot", she said he pulled into the dark space between the restaurant and the dumpster.
But as you admitted, you are pretty clueless about this subject - and it shows.

Ken
Exactly, hence my link to a transcript of what Ms. Nelson actually said.

I see that the Gateway Pundit, led by the infamous Mr. Hoft, has decided on this tactic: the restaurant didn't exist (which has been shown to exist), and the yearbook inscription is a forgery. I suspect the forgery aspect will now receive its own thread.

As I noted earlier, odd that Ms. Moore was also in said yearbook.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:27 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Not defending this southerner (Moore) by any stretch but after seeing this woman on tv crying like you said (as if it was recent) rubbed me the wrong way. I know we have repressed memories and all that but I really think she was faking (not saying it didn't happen).
Odd, I am also Southern (not that it should signify), and I thought she was absolutely sincere and in great pain at recalling a very traumatic and frightening memory and at reliving and publicly telling what occurred when she was a helpless young girl in the hands of a bully and a predator. No sign of fakery whatsoever.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:31 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
I said that I had no comment on the accusations ( I think they are true and I dislike the Bible thumping Moore). I just wondered why the accusations came up after the republican primary. Looks like a hatchet job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
To you.

But keep carrying Moore's water.

I am with the poster Kamban. I'm not a supporter of this Moore character. Never heard of him until all the hubbub not long ago as he was running against another fella. Why didn't these accusations come out then? Or maybe they did but only from the local media. We're only asking.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:32 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
All those rock stars were probably doing underage girls. I always thought of groupies as teens. Movies like Rock and Roll High School and Fast Times at Ridgemont High had teen girls chasing after older guys.

In real life my friend was sixteen dating a mid-twenties guy in a band. A total loser but at the time he was the cool guy. A lot of stuff went on without it being considered horrible or pedo like it seems now. When a teacher hit on me we just laughed it off.
I try to tell my students that (I'm a college English professor, so when a story has that element to it - - I'm not just bringing it up out of the blue ) and they are flabbergasted that that happened. I can remember the two middle school social studies teachers that our school had would roll into class as if they had been at a disco the night before. They used to put their arms around female students shoulders when they were taking tests as they were walking up and down the aisles. My female classmates would do the same thing: laugh as they would say "you know how Mr Dillard is . . ."

Old 11-15-2017, 11:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb Why did Moore's accusers wait so long?

They're all from Gadsden.

Moore was and is a big wheel in that small town. A guy who could exert a LOT of pressure and wielded a lot of power, even 40 years ago.

They weren't aware of the others who had been molested.

So, each of them thought, "I'm the only one."

They weren't from powerful influential families.

Maybe they were afraid of repercussions if they came forward. Could Moore make things hard for them and their families? You betcha. And he wouldn't have hesitated.

And the original four didn't come forward. They were drawn out by investigative journalists.

After their stories became public, the 5th came forward.

Maybe there will be others.

Stay tuned.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies