Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 10:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Pedo, is prepubescent. That averages to below 12 yo.
Learn the definitions of your terminology.
Thats what I tried to say about 10 pages ago. People throw the word pedophile around without even knowing what it means, by definition, Moore is NOT a pedophile.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:16 AM

592 posts, read 414,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But you weren't in your 30s. That's just sick.
Apparently not everyone agrees it is sick. Deason's mother thought it was a great idea. She let her go out with Moore, thought he was good husband material. Gibson's mother told her she would be the luckiest girl in the world. The people who knew Moore was dating teenaged girls thought it was weird, not sick.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:17 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You're free to assume he is guilty because of a single accusation with no evidence to bolster it all you'd like.

Is "guilty until proven innocent" your general stance or just when it's a Republican?
This ain't court and we all gotta form an opinion one way or the other.

I was having a great time cracking **** jokes and mocking Weiner when that situation broke, right here on this forum. I see someone that told people close to them almost 30 years ago that this happened, with corroborating witnesses, that alone disqualifies it from being a political smear - unless you think they were laying the ground work for this 3 decades ago. I see a pattern of dating high school girls like that Matthew McConaughey character in Dazed and Confused that lends credence to the idea that it is possible, and then finally I see a humorously poor and self contradictory defense from Moore in his "home stadium" so to speak with as sympathetic a crowd as he is likely to get. Yea - pretty comfortable in my judgement on this one.

Would I toss him in jail, depends on if they could meet the burden of proof in court. Would I let my young female relatives be alone with him? NOPE!

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 11-13-2017 at 10:28 AM..

Old 11-13-2017, 10:18 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Wanted to note, that I didn't see anything about him "raping" the teen/now woman. But that he had an inappropriate relationship her. I read the WaPo article a few days ago and she said they did not have sex.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:23 AM

447 posts, read 557,693 times
You guys can argue all you want. But I will go out and vote.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
MOORE: "No but I don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates then we did. But I do not remember that."

---lol

MOORE: "No. Because in this county is a dry county. We would never would have had liquor."

---LMAO

HANNITY: "But you don't specifically remember having any girlfriend that was in her late teens even at that time?"

MOORE: "I don't remember that and I don't remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother. And I think in her statement she said that her mother actually encouraged her to go out with me."

---Doesn't remember dating her but her mother encouraged her to go out with him... oook
In the first quote, was he talking about Corfman?

No, he wasn't. Funny you didn't post Hannity's question that would show that.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
You should actually take the time to read the transcript instead of just making things up.
Every single Fox guest on the Hannity panel after the interview said ~ the interview convinced them that Roy Moore likely did exactly what is alleged.

And these weren't liberal Democrats.

But you go right on believing and defending Roy Moore.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wanted to note, that I didn't see anything about him "raping" the teen/now woman. But that he had an inappropriate relationship her. I read the WaPo article a few days ago and she said they did not have sex.
He denies he ever went on a date or touched her.

There is nothing behind her accusation to back it up.

Sorry if I don't jump on the "he's guilty because I don't like him" band wagon.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:29 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
In the first quote, was he talking about Corfman?

No, he wasn't. Funny you didn't post Hannity's question that would show that.
Didn't say he was - was one example of many where his response to the question indicates LYING.

Obviously I cant post more than a few snippets from the interview as that would violate TOS.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Every single Fox guest on the Hannity panel after the interview said ~ the interview convinced them that Roy Moore likely did exactly what is alleged.

And these weren't liberal Democrats.

But you go right on believing and defending Roy Moore.
The bottom line is that there is only a single accusation with no proof to substantiate it, and he vehemently denied it (even though some people on here lied and said he didn't deny it).

You can say you believe he is guilty due to only an accusation all you'd like, but I certainly hope your consistent with that view.

If a cop makes an accusation against a person, I hope you jump on board to not appear the hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies