Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 09:42 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/b]I grew up and continue to live in the upper South, and am the child of generations of Southerners. All respectable Southerners would condemn this sort of perverse and depraved behavior.

I had dinner with a group of old friends, also Southerners, the other night - we're all over the map politically and religiously, but everyone present was united in their disgust at and condemnation of Moore's alleged behavior.

All believed the women are telling the truth and he is lying.

It's not a regional thing. Take a look at Warren Jeffs' FLDS, certainly not a Southern cult. Different "justification" (excuse, in reality) - same predatory, perverse behavior towards young girls still in or barely out of childhood.
Thank you.

Of course this behavior is unacceptable in the South and everywhere else in this country. I was trying to get the poster to take a step back and examine his/her words, which I felt were very ugly and not representative of most Southerners, or Americans.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:44 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
You could not find a more perfect example of why women are afraid to reveal that they have been sexually molested. The "holier-than-thou" types rush to shame the victim, while praising the pervert.

Why mention 9 people? Because it shows a pattern of man in his thirties stalking teenage girls at the mall, in restaurants, and at high schools.

I believe Beverly Young Nelson's account of Moore's sexual assault, and there is nothing partisan about it. She and her husband both are Trump supporters.

Somebody please tell me that southern culture does not include turning a blind eye to attempted rape of a teenager because the perpetrator is a Christian conservative.
I wouldn't say that older men hooking up with teenagers is a southern culture thing but it does seem to be acceptable to some southerners that are immersed in the fundamentalist evangelical Christian lifestyle. This is a link to one of the Duck Dynasty men encouraging his fans to marry 15 year old girls. He even said something similar to Moore regarding asking the girl's parents for permission. So it seems to be seen as normal to some older male Bible thumpers living in the south.

It also brings to mind the Duggar family, a group of loudmouth southern Bible thumpers that covered up the sexual abuse of their own daughters by their oldest son.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1561615

Old 11-16-2017, 09:56 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Oh, okay.

You're a Never Trump RINO, I got it.

Newsflash: look who won the election. My "side" is winning, chief.
And, as a result, America is losing. Its nice to see someone so simplistic that they are content with the idea that their political team is victorious irrespective of the economic and political fallout as a result. I don't live in such a short-sighted and self-involved world. Although I somewhat envy simpletons who live in such an existence under the general principle of "ignorance is bliss," I also feel sorry for them that they will never be able to ascend to a greater understanding of "big-picture" thinking. Your tribal, binary mentality is pathetic.

I would rather see a democrat in the Senate than Moore, because I think it would be better for the country (for a number of reasons) regardless of the letter next to his name.

Also, extremists don't get to label people "RINOs". If anything, Bannonists are the RINOs, as they are the ones who have abandoned Republican values.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:21 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Ha! I literally just did a fist pump with the news of Franken being a sexual deviant and harasser.

Ha!!! You guys can screw us on the Roy Moore seat, but hopefully Franken is long gone now with these revelations (though knowing progressives, he will have no shame and stay put like Menendez).
Is it sad I see he making a remark ending with, me Al Franken?

Old 11-16-2017, 10:22 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
This thread is still open (which is fine) but the Al Franken thread is closed?

Old 11-16-2017, 10:25 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Moore will still win this election. See this is not about him. It's about white conservative party males maintaining control. Just like they did Obama with the Supreme Court appointment. Moore will win and step down allowing the Governor of Alabama to appoint a Republican.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Oh, okay.

You're a Never Trump RINO, I got it.

Newsflash: look who won the election. My "side" is winning, chief.
Trump himself is a RINO outside of his anyi-illegal comments. I'm glad to be an independent, I can see and respond to BS without excuses. Too many Republicants and Democraps today can't do that.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I bet somebodies made too many off color replies or fights to clean up.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:30 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, Franken is a Democrat you know.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:36 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Well, Franken is a Democrat you know.
Looks like the mods were just temporarily closing those threads to merge the poll with the main thread. Good job mods!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies