Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 09:06 PM

5,298 posts, read 7,656,020 times

Advertisements

Why is the thread on Roy Moore pinned and Matt Lauer, etc, and all the others isn't ? I am pretty much done with the bias on City Data. It gets old. It isn't worth the time.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:14 PM

319 posts, read 199,973 times
So the Republican mode of operation is to be anti-abortion because Jesus and then after the kid is born, blame the kid for being molested because Jesus.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:06 AM

16,382 posts, read 10,505,599 times
Some of you appear to be on crack. Another Republican from Alabama proclaims Moore innocent and you try to sell us on this as fact and we need to apologize to Moore. Then the same group who defended Trump's failure to release his tax returns demand this woman release her yearbook.

And once again NONE of you have adequately responded to my claim that you never ran to defend Bill Cosby or Jerry Sandusky once those reports came out. So you need to back off on the thought that only those attacking Moore are doing it for political reasons. Those defending him are doing the same dammed thing.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:54 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,983,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Why is the thread on Roy Moore pinned and Matt Lauer, etc, and all the others isn't ? I am pretty much done with the bias on City Data. It gets old. It isn't worth the time.
Because Roy Moore is the one garnering the media attention from the left to crucify or the right to protect. I align with the left considering what he was accused of doing. That is not the act of a man who should be in the Senate.

Old 11-30-2017, 05:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,983,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
So the Republican mode of operation is to be anti-abortion because Jesus and then after the kid is born, blame the kid for being molested because Jesus.
Care to explain this? I'm lost. Jesus is used as a reason for child molestation or statutory rape if not rape? Who would be stupid enough to buy that.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:24 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,602,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
The OP's post reflects the critical thought process in Alabama. It has no basis in reality. It is what keeps Alabama firmly in 49th to 50th place in any major quality of life issue. This unfortunately, is why the pedofile Roy Moore will win.
Sad to say I agree with you on this. These people down here are so hellbent on voting for a republican at all costs, that they do not care about all of the foul things he has done. Also some people down here do like him because of his extremely outrages anti-gay stance he has and the fact he parades religion every time he opens his mouth. If these people would use critical thinking they would realize the man has done NOTHING positive for this state in his life. But, unfortunately that will not happen.

Alabama does have a lot of intelligent people down here, but sadly the most hateful and backwards people have the loudest voices down here and tend to get their way most of the time. These politicians can rob them in their faces, but they would still go out and vote for them if they spew that extremely conservative rhetoric. I have lived here for about seven years and I have come to the conclusion that nothing is going to change in that regard down here!!

Old 11-30-2017, 07:30 AM

30,282 posts, read 11,924,535 times
Quote:
I would say a senate race that could tip the balance of power there is more important than some talking head like Lauer getting fired.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:38 AM

2,692 posts, read 1,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, after 424+ pages let's see if I can boil this down.
1.It's allegations, no proof not to mention it's all 40 year old stuff.
2.There's too many allegations he did it, doesn't matter when.
3.He should step away from the election
4.He should stay as there's no proof
5.It's up to Alabama voters.
6.If those stupid voters elect him the Senate should kick him out.

Then we get into the well if... and if he has to go then <insert politician here> has to go or, well what about's which have nothing to do with anything and are all just a distraction.

I think that just about sums it up so far...
And everyone knows that Moore will win the election. He is going to the Senate. The republicans won't unseat or reject him because they need that crucial vote. The democrats will have no moral standing to try and prevent him since they are defending Al Franken and Conyers. It is all about power.

What we discuss here for 500+ pages mean nothing to either party. The show must go on

Old 11-30-2017, 09:09 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,621,166 times
Did Moore win the election yet?

Quote:

C-D is biased but not the way you think they are. I'm thinking Moore is pinned because he's a political figure and it's concerning underaged girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I would say a senate race that could tip the balance of power there is more important than some talking head like Lauer getting fired.
This too.

Last edited by fitzy24; 11-30-2017 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: when to win

Old 11-30-2017, 09:13 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,292,384 times
Quote:
Is Matt Lauer running for Senate? Have there been multiple threads started about this news that just came out yesterday?

There is no bias here except for people who think that criticizing ANY Republican for ANYthing is biased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies