Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 11:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
And everyone knows that Moore will win the election. He is going to the Senate. The republicans won't unseat or reject him because they need that crucial vote. The democrats will have no moral standing to try and prevent him since they are defending Al Franken and Conyers. It is all about power.

What we discuss here for 500+ pages mean nothing to either party. The show must go on
I don't know (and neither does the Senate) if the ethics committee can do anything once he's elected given it didn't happen in office nor anywhere near the time he was running for office.

I don't think any court would stand behind the Senate telling the voters of Alabama "I'm sorry, we're going to cancel your vote because we disagree with you even though you were fully informed before voting"

Old 11-30-2017, 01:18 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't know (and neither does the Senate) if the ethics committee can do anything once he's elected given it didn't happen in office nor anywhere near the time he was running for office.
The same ethics committee that is investigating Al Franken. I doubt that they can kick Moore out or not seat him yet do nothing or give a slap in the wrist for Al. They are in a bind. They have given 18+ million dollars in hush money over the years to pay off harassment charges, which includes sexual harassment. They don't have any guts to take any action, those slime balls.

Come Jan Moore will be in the senate and so will Al.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:59 PM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
I agree, if he wins I don't see how they can keep him out. Let's see how the voters of the great state of Alabama handle this thing.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:16 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
How do they seem to be leaning...? Any idea so far...?

[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I agree, if he wins I don't see how they can keep him out. Let's see how the voters of the great state of Alabama handle this thing.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:58 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
And everyone knows that Moore will win the election. He is going to the Senate. The republicans won't unseat or reject him because they need that crucial vote. The democrats will have no moral standing to try and prevent him since they are defending Al Franken and Conyers. It is all about power.

What we discuss here for 500+ pages mean nothing to either party. The show must go on
Well I happen agree with you.

But now Democrats are calling on Conyers to resign. Suppose they also call on Franken to resign.

Would that change how Republicans will deal with Roy Moore?

I don't think it would.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:48 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well I happen agree with you.

But now Democrats are calling on Conyers to resign. Suppose they also call on Franken to resign.

Would that change how Republicans will deal with Roy Moore?

I don't think it would.
Of course it wouldn't. The GOP is lined up being the p8ssy grabber in chief, what's a little child molestation between friends? I doubt Kellyanne Conway was supposed to actually say out loud that they only thing they care about is keeping a GOP vote, but that's the only thing they care about.

Morality, especially the false morality of these fake Christians, is not even a part of the discussion.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:01 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times
The 3 accusers all have credibility issues, as does the female police officer who said he was banned at the mall.

Here is the cop's credibility being shattered in an interview:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-claims-moore/

Old 11-30-2017, 08:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
The 3 accusers all have credibility issues, as does the female police officer who said he was banned at the mall.

Here is the cop's credibility being shattered in an interview:

Cop Accuser Implodes in Breitbart Interview, Admits to Making Unsupported Claims About Roy Moore - Breitbart
Better find a credible source. Most of us won't even look at a Breitbart link. We already know their spin.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:47 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Better find a credible source. Most of us won't even look at a Breitbart link. We already know their spin.
Not to mention that we know it's far more than 3 accusers, so why click on something that has less than zero credibility if that's what it claims?

Old 11-30-2017, 08:49 PM

20,114 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Republicans aren't giving up the US Senate over a couple of 40 year old allegations while Al Franken and John Conyers continue on in office unpunished for recent assaults they acknowledge occurred.. The whole idea that they would is stupid and naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies