Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 11:28 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Gloria has already said her client won't do a polygraph.

I don't see any reason Moore should have to. It is the accuser's job to prove their case.

I don't think the signatures look similar. And I don't buy he would have signed with DA in a yearbook given he wsan't a DA, and dated it twice.
Why not on the polygraph? A clean test would put plenty on the fence in his camp.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:29 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Why not on the polygraph? A clean test would put plenty on the fence in his camp.
Because you don't let accusers set the terms. The accusers have no physicial evidence or witnesses. The yearbook is the only physicial evidence and it appears to be discredited.

Keep in mind Hillary and the DNC paid for the phony Russia dossier that alleged Trump did these sexual things in Russia. So we know Democrats lie for political reasons. It is not hard to believe Democrats paid women to make false accusations.

We also know Moore is hated more than average Republican due to his controversial statements about gays, and his non-controversial positions on abortion, guns, etc. I think there is a good chance there is an ends justifies the means smear going on here.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:31 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Gloria has already said her client won't do a polygraph.

I don't see any reason Moore should have to. It is the accuser's job to prove their case.
You have confused this with a court case.

The accuser does not have to "prove their case" any more than Trump had to to prove Obama tapped his phones.

Now if Moore was to file a lawsuit against the Washington Post, then we would be talking about evidence, and testimony and proving the case.

Has he filed yet?

Old 11-20-2017, 11:34 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
You haven't provided any evidence that 'it is very common to mix' them or any evidence that Moore did so.

I never said the woman was married in 1977. My point is it is probable that she thought Moore signed off with DA because of her divorce papework that had DA on it after his name.
I can quote from a stack of books on the subject if you would like. But I doubt any quotation will change your mind in the least.

The woman would have to be a skilled graphologist to ever copy Moore's natural signature so closely. That requires years of study, concentration and practice. And as you mentioned in an earlier post, an ink test would show the composition of the ink. A simple spectrograph would do it.

Ink varies from batch to batch, and all formulas used by all the pen makers vary over time, even when the formulas are very old.

The real issue at hand is who is telling the truth and who is lying.

There are many ways that can be determined that are better and more accurate than graphloogy.

Moore is only using the yearbook as a smoke screen. He knows a polygraph, close questioning by a professional, and many other means would reveal the truth; he used them as a district attorney. As a judge, he also knows what is questionable and what is not. Why hasn't he asked for another type of test?

Old 11-20-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You have confused this with a court case.

The accuser does not have to "prove their case" any more than Trump had to to prove Obama tapped his phones.

Now if Moore was to file a lawsuit against the Washington Post, then we would be talking about evidence, and testimony and proving the case.

Has he filed yet?
That's true but then nobody has to believe them. There is no reason that Moore needs to convince you. He only has to convince majority of ALabama voters and majority of Alabama voters are to the right of you.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I can quote from a stack of books on the subject if you would like. But I doubt any quotation will change your mind in the least.

The woman would have to be a skilled graphologist to ever copy Moore's natural signature so closely. That requires years of study, concentration and practice. And as you mentioned in an earlier post, an ink test would show the composition of the ink. A simple spectrograph would do it.

Ink varies from batch to batch, and all formulas used by all the pen makers vary over time, even when the formulas are very old.

The real issue at hand is who is telling the truth and who is lying.

There are many ways that can be determined that are better and more accurate than graphloogy.

Moore is only using the yearbook as a smoke screen. He knows a polygraph, close questioning by a professional, and many other means would reveal the truth; he used them as a district attorney. As a judge, he also knows what is questionable and what is not. Why hasn't he asked for another type of test?
Why won't the accuser release the yearbook if it isn't a forgery? Do you really think your spin is something a majority of alabama voters will buy?

Old 11-20-2017, 11:36 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
That's true but then nobody has to believe them. There is no reason that Moore needs to convince you. He only has to convince majority of ALabama voters and majority of Alabama voters are to the right of you.
I think if he wins then you will see how much it mattered. The Senate will expel him.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:38 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
You've said several times it can't be given over to a neutral custodian.
i've said i wouldn't trust moore to come up with a neutral custodian. i've repeatedly stated that i support a senate/house investigation.

Quote:
A neutral custodian would be a somebody that both sides agree is neutral.
good luck finding that but, if they do, then i'm supportive.

Quote:
You keep taling about a senate investigation that you must know can't happen if he's not in the senate yet.
but has a likely chance of happening if he is elected.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I think if he wins then you will see how much it mattered. The Senate will expel him.
No Senator has been expelled in a long time. Not as easy as you think it is.

I don't have a problem with that if there can be another election. I see no reason GOP voters in Alabama and nationwide should be stuck with a far left Democrat like Doug Jones though.

If the accusers were decent people, it seems like they would have come out during the primary so voters could have chose another candidate.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:39 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Why won't the accuser release the yearbook if it isn't a forgery? Do you really think your spin is something a majority of alabama voters will buy?
The accuser is under no obligation to do anything with the yearbook. Why would she help Roy Moore try to discredit her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies