Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 01:24 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times

Advertisements

Part of the problem is everyone assuming the party of people who disagree (either side) I’ve been called a liberal a lot, even though I am not one. Just makes me roll my eyes and think less of the post when they default to dismissing detractors this way.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:25 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I've already said that I don't want to talk to you b/c you want to talk about yourself which doesn't interest me.
Hey someone else had a good answer to this one upthread:

Quote:
No, this is you trying to control the debate. It doesn't work like that. I do not have to debate this topic as you instruct me to.
If you don't want people to talk about themselves, you should avoid making generalized false claims about them in your interactions with them, so that they do not have to continually stop the conversation in order to clarify the misinformation you are attempting to apply to them.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:25 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times
I think it is silly to act like the majority of the Roy bashers on here are not liberal/Democrats. Obviously the Senate seat is why most people are interested in this in the first place.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:32 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,409,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post

If you don't want people to talk about themselves, you should avoid making generalized false claims about them in your interactions with them, so that they do not have to continually stop the conversation in order to clarify the misinformation you are attempting to apply to them.
That's an interesting assertion given you falsely accused me in your previous post of saying there is only one single explanation possible when I said probably. That was an obvious mischaracterization. Or you don't understand what the word probably means.

I clearly get under your skin and the reason is I say logical things. Adios.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:34 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
That's an interesting assertion given you falsely accused me in your previous post of saying there is only one single explanation possible when I said probably. That was an obvious mischaracterization. Or you don't understand what the word probably means.
Or could also be that you don't understand the use of the "sarcasm" eye roll emoji.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
I saw the original accuser on the Today Show and she was quite believable and a very good witness on her own behalf. I suggest everyone listen to HER statement and then - listen to Roy Moore's tepid responses on Hannity and make up your own mind.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PesachSeder View Post
I wonder if Republicans would still support him if he was accused of inappropriate behavior with a 14 y/o boy?
Well ~ many of them wrote letters for Dennis Hastert asking for leniency for him. So I don't know.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:46 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
You don't get to decide for every voter what is relevant.

I've noticed the left often acts like it gets to set the terms of the debate.

My due process comment was in direct response to a person talking about the rule of law and justice, and suggesint not voting for Moore is supporting the rule of law and justice. It is fair to point out the rule of law and justice involves due process.
Nobody is stopping you from voting for a short-eyes if you want to. Just don't expect those who don't vote for Moore to approve of your choice. They won't. Nor will you approve of theirs. That's how elections are.

As has been already said, this is an election, not a trial. It's not about justice. It's all about the personal qualities of the candidates. That's always what an election is about.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:30 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,522,244 times
Quote:
All you are doing is engaging in ad hominem because you are losing the debate.

For example, you can't explain why it is more moral to vote for an abortion supporter who campaigns with creepy Joe Biden and is a past Clinton supporter than it is to vote for Moore. Yet that is your premise.

I am all for a new candidate but if the choice is Moore or JOnes, I think Moore is the moral choice.
Moore molested teenage girls. It is immoral to vote for him. If you can't understand that, then there is little I can do to help you.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
The Trump admin wants this pedofile into US Congress. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies