Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 09:10 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

So she lied in her first press conference?

Old 12-08-2017, 09:40 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
He’s quite the disgusting creature, isn’t he? I have no doubt the people of Alabama will elect him.

I suspect you're a clinton supporter...yet you're good with everything they have done, over the last 40 years?...

Old 12-09-2017, 01:29 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I suspect you're a clinton supporter...yet you're good with everything they have done, over the last 40 years?...
Because someone is disgusted by a pedophile, how do you make the jump to any other political leanings?

Old 12-09-2017, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Because someone is disgusted by a pedophile, how do you make the jump to any other political leanings?
You obviously don’t know the definition of a pedophile.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:54 AM

4,061 posts, read 2,138,868 times
I'm not an expert on yearbook stuff---never bought my own high school yearbook---but this new fact that Ms. Nelson wrote the date and place that Roy Moore signed her yearbook gives me pause. Her lawyer says that "Beverly indicates that she added that to remind herself of who Roy Moore was and where and when Mr. Moore signed her yearbook." ???????

Okay, it's possible that she had her yearbook with her at the restaurant, even if she was working there. I thought yearbook signing happens at school, but maybe not. It's possible that she was showing the yearbook to people and Moore insisted on signing it.

But---40 years later she is still crying about the alleged incident. If it was so traumatic to be "groped" and have him "attempt to force himself" on her, why would she want or need a reminder of who he was? I assume he was the only 30-something guy who attempted this with her (hopefully the only guy, period). Wouldn't she remember this for the rest of her life? And does a high school girl really think/worry about whether she will remember something? You feel invincible in high school. You are sure you will remember everything forever. You don't doubt your memory. But even if early Alzheimer's runs in her family, why would she even want or need to remember this guy who inflicted trauma on her?

Old 12-09-2017, 05:02 AM

In her initial press conference, she attributed the entire entry to Moore. Now she admits to writing part of the entry. Why lie?

Old 12-09-2017, 05:22 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You obviously don’t know the definition of a pedophile.
It's surprising how many people either don't know what a pedophile is, enjoy using the word for political purposes, or both.

Old 12-09-2017, 05:25 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Moore's accuser has lost all credibility now that she's lied about the yearbook.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:41 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We addressed this in another thread. When you revert to Clinton instead of staying on point it shows your argument has no legs. Stay on topic, this is not about anyone named Clinton.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:44 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I'm not an expert on yearbook stuff---never bought my own high school yearbook---but this new fact that Ms. Nelson wrote the date and place that Roy Moore signed her yearbook gives me pause. Her lawyer says that "Beverly indicates that she added that to remind herself of who Roy Moore was and where and when Mr. Moore signed her yearbook." ???????

Okay, it's possible that she had her yearbook with her at the restaurant, even if she was working there. I thought yearbook signing happens at school, but maybe not. It's possible that she was showing the yearbook to people and Moore insisted on signing it.

But---40 years later she is still crying about the alleged incident. If it was so traumatic to be "groped" and have him "attempt to force himself" on her, why would she want or need a reminder of who he was? I assume he was the only 30-something guy who attempted this with her (hopefully the only guy, period). Wouldn't she remember this for the rest of her life? And does a high school girl really think/worry about whether she will remember something? You feel invincible in high school. You are sure you will remember everything forever. You don't doubt your memory. But even if early Alzheimer's runs in her family, why would she even want or need to remember this guy who inflicted trauma on her?
Cosby accusers came forward recently over events that took place in the 60's. It took decades for Sandusky victims to step forward, same with Weistein and all the others.

It's very very difficult for victims of sexual assault to come forward regarding a man of power. We have seen this many many times but for political reasons only those accusing Moore are having the delay held against their accounts. This is nonsense and totally unfair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies