Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 03:00 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times

Advertisements

Moore had a need to be with young girls. Why should he be punished for his sexual needs? He was only doing what he needed to do? His god even approved. What was wrong? he is a vessel of his god. Just ask him.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:02 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Not good if true, but I'm not sure if this would lead to anything.
It has been revealed that one of the main accusers actually wrote in her yearbook herself!

When Gloria Allred is involved you know there's shady crap going on!

The timing of all this was always suspect, and the "journalists" that broke the story admitted they went to Alabama specifically to dig up dirt on Moore.

I don't really like the guy, but nobody should be intentionally destroyed with false accusations to swing a political race in the other direction.

Just remember, if they can get away with these things against a high profile politician, they can get away with it against any of us.

This thread sticky has been removed with the news, as it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
It's the republicans making all the noise on this one accuser so as to taint the other accusers.
Actually, they have proven several of the accusers are lying. But hey, I guess a paid accuser who is lying is far less outrageous than the person they are lying on, especially if they are conservative or religious, or God forbid both.

Like I said, there has to be more than 30-40 year old he said she said memories.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Yep. Unbelievable.

"Roy Moore accuser amends part of her account about inscription"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.9749149fba6e

I'm hoping this is the beginning of the unraveling for the "Me Too" movement.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:05 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yep. Unbelievable.

You are hoping for the end of a world where women feel comfortable stepping forward about past sexual mistreatment done to them?

If you are a male, do you have a sister or daughter? Or have any female friends? Imagine them going through a traumatic event - and then feeling shame or being afraid to speak out (for many reasons).

I can't believe there are people out there that would think that is a good thing.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:10 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yep. Unbelievable.

While I do not agree with false accusers, I believe that the #MeToo movement is overall a very positive step in our society and one that needs to continue.

It has empowered women (and men) to come forward and speak out against accusers, no matter how influential or powerful they may be. That is massive.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You are hoping for the end of a world where women feel comfortable stepping forward about past sexual mistreatment done to them?
Going to the extreme other end of the scale much?

That's not even close to what he implied.

The problem now is that extremist feminists now feel empowered to make false claims with impunity.

Is that a world YOU want to live in?

Believe it or not, the percentage of men who mistreat women is very very very very very small.

That is in no way saying it's okay, but I'd bet that is what instantly popped into your head. That's how reactionaries think, caring little about what is actually being said.

So Sad

Old 12-08-2017, 03:16 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Going to the extreme other end of the scale much?

That's not even close to what he implied.

The problem now is that extremist feminists now feel empowered to make false claims with impunity.

Is that a world YOU want to live in?
That poster stated a hope for an end to the #metoo campaign ("I'm hoping this is the beginning of the unraveling for the "Me Too" movement."), which is specifically about creating a culture where women (and men) feel comfortable speaking out about past sexual misbehavior against them.

How else am I to interpret that sentence?

I am not saying that this does not mean that evidence is no longer required, or that people are not innocent until proven guilty - but we have moved in a very positive direction in the last few months as a culture, and I would hate to see that shift go backwards. That said, it is not going to end, so people against that movement should get used to it.

As a man, I can state with confidence that it easy to go through life without being accused of sexual misconduct. Be a good person and treat everyone with respect (i.e. how you would yourself would like to be treated). It is really not difficult.

And guess what - that actually agrees with your last point - most men AREN'T this way. Which is great! And even more reason why men who ARE that way should be exposed and shown who they are.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
I do want women (and men) to speak up if they've been harassed, but we should not blindly believe anything that one individual says about another.

I was against Roy Moore previously based on the allegations made against him. Like so many Americans, I fell for it. Now, I'm simply against him for his policy positions. I will always defend the accused until they are proven to be guilty. That should always be the priority. And even then, we shouldn't treat every harassment case as if it were the same.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 12-08-2017 at 03:32 PM..

Old 12-08-2017, 03:20 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL, nope....In this case, political, they don't deserve to be capital...either side....
Well, alright. Thanks for answering.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It has been revealed that one of the main accusers actually wrote in her yearbook herself!

When Gloria Allred is involved you know there's shady crap going on!

The timing of all this was always suspect, and the "journalists" that broke the story admitted they went to Alabama specifically to dig up dirt on Moore.

I don't really like the guy, but nobody should be intentionally destroyed with false accusations to swing a political race in the other direction.

Just remember, if they can get away with these things against a high profile politician, they can get away with it against any of us.

This thread sticky has been removed with the news, as it should be.

Actually, they have proven several of the accusers are lying. But hey, I guess a paid accuser who is lying is far less outrageous than the person they are lying on, especially if they are conservative or religious, or God forbid both.

Like I said, there has to be more than 30-40 year old he said she said memories.
cool story bro, so back it up. you are stating that the victims are lying, so back it up. as far as i am aware nothing has been proven, my guess is you are trying to muddy the water

Roy Moore was hanging around young girls at high school dances, that is really all you should need to know. But maybe you are fine with Perverts in power...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies