Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 11:06 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And in doing so, the fanatic "gun control" advocates have only proven that their "reasonable regulations and restrictions" are completely unable to "keep powerful weapons out of the hands of dangerous people".
That's bc y'all haven't tried.

Every measure attempted in the United States thus far was done halfway, if that.

Y'all claim it is impossible to control; funny how this isn't a problem in Japan or the UK.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:09 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Still no "gun control" advocate has reacted to the statement that they know the "just a little more reasonable regulation" doesn't work. And that their continued demands for them anyway, are really a scheme to eventually achieve a complete ban on all the people's guns. They change the subject, post irrelevances and insults, but never address the actual issue of the thread.

It looks like nobody on this board can refute it. Or even wants to try.

Pretty sure they will still keep popping up and asking for "just a little more reasonable regulation" anyway, once enough time goes by that they hope people would have forgotten how many times they already had their noses rubbed in it.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Still no "gun control" advocate has reacted to the statement that they know the "just a little more reasonable regulation" doesn't work.
Personally I have never uttered that statement, nor do I recall anyone who has, nor have you pointed out a specific instance of this being said. As far as I can see you're just tilting at windmills, and copy/pasting the same thing over and over again without giving thought to the responses.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:15 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I'm working on electing politicians who will be coming for your guns, if that part needs to be made any clearer.
Good to know.

Let me know when those politicians come knocking. Yeah I don't see that happening. They're spineless.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:18 AM

As I predicted, there are still some leftist fanatics popping up and trying to use long-refuted arguments as "facts", apparently hoping that people would have forgotten by now how many times they have already been spanked.

Now we have another. So, looks like it's time for yet another re-post, to refute these loonies for the 1,354th time:

--------------------------------------

Quote:
Every measure attempted in the United States thus far was done halfway, if that.
The so-called "gun control" advocates have spent the last several decades proving (inadvertently) that their half measures do not work. "Assault weapons" bans, waiting periods, "gun free" zones, background checks, and all the rest rarely reduce the crime rate, and often result in an increase instead. And yet they keep coming back and saying we need "just a little more" of their "reasonable restrictions".

Quote:
Y'all claim it is impossible to control; funny how this isn't a problem in Japan or the UK.
When they point to countries whose results they like, they invariably point to places like England, Japan, Australia, etc. - countries that have almost completely banned guns from their subjects.

Take the hint.

In fact, complete bans of all guns are the only things that have ever reduced "gun crimes". And they must be accompanied by ruthless confiscation. Advocates who say they want "just some reasonable regulations", know by now they won't work. The only thing they could now be intending, is an eventual complete ban on all guns. While pretending they will do only just a little, to fool you into going along with "just a little". And then next year, just a little more.

Their total gun bans must be accompanied by SWAT teams going door to door to every house and apartment in America, taking people's guns whether they want to give them up or not. They know that many people will object to giving up their guns voluntarily... but a gun ban won't work unless everybody turns in their guns.

Advocates who say they want a few "reasonable regulations", are either astonishingly ignorant of the results of their own policies, or are lying to you.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
As far as I can see you're just tilting at windmills, and copy/pasting the same thing over and over again without giving thought to the responses.
TRANSLATION: I still can't refute any of the points you've made, or even argue against them. So I have to pretend you haven't said them, and/or that you somehow haven't thought very hard about them, and hope that somebody believes me somewhere. It's all I have left.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
When they point to countries whose results they like, they invariably point to places like England, Japan, Australia, etc. - countries that have almost completely banned guns from their subjects.
American subjects are even worse off, what with the constant threat of gun violence.

Quote:
In fact, complete bans of all guns are the only things that have ever reduced "gun crimes".
Nah, not a complete ban. You can still possess some guns in those countries, like antique shotguns and what not.

Quote:
And they must be accompanied by ruthless confiscation.
It doesn't need to be ruthless, just treat it like anything else that's illegal. Like cocaine, for example. Guns are far more harmful than cocaine.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:37 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
As I predicted, there are still some leftist fanatics popping up and trying to use long-refuted arguments as "facts", apparently hoping that people would have forgotten by now how many times they have already been spanked.
Lol With whom are you arguing? Yourself? You sound unhinged. I hope you don't own a gun.

Posting cutting and pasting posts while ignoring the responses and then declaring that everyone is spanked sounds like something a toddler would do.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:17 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:

I'm working on electing politicians who will be coming for your guns, if that part needs to be made any clearer.
Good luck with that.....

All mine were lost in a tragic boating accident when I was still a teenager.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:32 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Good luck with that.....

All mine were lost in a tragic boating accident when I was still a teenager.
My dog ate mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies