Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Congress limit Trump's authority to launch a nuclear first strike?
Yes, Congress should limit his authority 39 55.71%
No, Congress should not limit his authority. 31 44.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The Constitution grants the President extraordinary powers as far as the defense of this country goes if there is hostilities, to be quite honest I'm not sure there is anything they can do about it.
Ah, but if they can sway public opinion enough, by making majority of people believe a change this drastic to the constitution would be for their benefit in some way, they can do this and alot more.

This is the only way they can undermine or change the constitution with the risk of the people revolting, brainwashing or conditioning enough people to believe its being done for their health and safety, its basically tyranny disguised as security. Its a real shame more people cannot recognize this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 09:29 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,836 times
The President isn't even suppose to wage war without Congress. Yet they do. The Presidency has gotten too powerful.

limit it for everyone's sake

Trump voter here.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:13 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sorry, you can show me all the links you want...still does not mean they are true....

Choosing to read a false story is kinda useless....I have known a person who has held the "football." If you don't like it...to bad...I may know a little more than most....
sounds like your friend may have committed treason by telling you secrets that I'm sure he swore not to tell. he's part of the swamp!

Old 11-14-2017, 10:18 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..So now Trump is Congress? Make up your ****ing minds already!

What the hell are you talking about?

I clearly said Congress has the power to declare war, the POTUS cannot declare war without the approval of Congress.

Learn something before spouting off with your ****ing misconceptions.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:23 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
sounds like your friend may have committed treason by telling you secrets that I'm sure he swore not to tell. he's part of the swamp!

Nope, wrong, again, seem the left has no clue what the definition of "treason" really is.

When he was my BN commander, he flew my ACFT...he did not become an 0-6 by being stupid...

Old 11-14-2017, 10:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They can grandstand for political points.

That's all this really is.
This is not a political issue, it is a common sense issue, why would you have an issue with that?

Old 11-14-2017, 10:40 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
and No POTUS nor Congress should be allowed to order a nuclear first strike without an overwhelming majority of congress and the POTUS agreeing on it. And frankly we should never be the nation that starts it.

as to Trump, well the man is a fool with a massive ego so i would have concerns he might do it just to protect himself. I believe he would burn the world to live 10 mins longer. He seems to suffer from some sort of narcissistic disorder .

but again no POTUS should have the power strike first with Nukes. Retaliation? Absolutely and absolutely destroy that nation and any nation that even might have assisted

Old 11-14-2017, 10:48 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The Senate is holding hearings on the protocol of the President's power to launch nuclear weapons. Given all the questions on both side of the aisle - at least the rational Republicans- have on Trump's mental stability, Senators are opening these hearing not held since the 40s. A it stands now, President Whack Job, has little if no restraint on his ability to launch these weapons. Senators may wish to impose some restraint on Trump to launch a preemptive strike on, let's say, North Korea.

Corker to hold hearing on president's nuclear weapons authority | TheHill

Sorry, but I don't like your poll. There should have been a third option. Should Congress limit every president's authority to order a first strike? Perhaps then there would have been some semblance of a balanced ideology rather than simply another "Trump's too crazy to wield this power" thread.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:55 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, wrong, again, seem the left has no clue what the definition of "treason" really is.
I’ll take a stab at it: colluding with a foreign government (long deemed hostile) to influence the result of a U.S. election?

Old 11-14-2017, 10:57 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
and No POTUS nor Congress should be allowed to order a nuclear first strike without an overwhelming majority of congress and the POTUS agreeing on it. And frankly we should never be the nation that starts it.

as to Trump, well the man is a fool with a massive ego so i would have concerns he might do it just to protect himself. I believe he would burn the world to live 10 mins longer. He seems to suffer from some sort of narcissistic disorder .

but again no POTUS should have the power strike first with Nukes. Retaliation? Absolutely and absolutely destroy that nation and any nation that even might have assisted
For that to be true why hasn't he already done it?
Talk is cheap. When the silos open up and missiles come out is another.

Talk gets ya'll rattled. Being troll in chief is quite effective at getting irrational expressed concern exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies