Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 10:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Maybe he realizes, like the rest of us, that Trump is f***ing nuts. I admire a guy who doesn't want to see the world obliterated because some self absorbed, narcissistic fool forgot to put his big boy pants on when another world leader decides that glorifying Trump is just not on the agenda for the day.

Someone thinking of others besides himself and the consequences of a nuclear war on the rest of the planet. That's a foreign concept to Trump and his little Trumplings. Trump's ego is most certainly not worth destroying the world over.
That's the subliminal message I get watching the news. It's scaring people I talk to and that's a variety of types - I don't choose my friends based on politics.

Even a gay friend of mine said he would take Pence at this point because of the nuclear issue. Doesn't matter to him if they roll back all the things gay's have worked for. None of it's going to matter if we all fry up in a nuke war. Can't argue with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 10:26 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
President Trump is extremely experienced in diplomatic negotiation through his resort empire. President Trump has mastered the art of communication, negotiation and compromise through his decades of experience being one of the most successful real estate empire's the world has ever seen.

President Trump is almost always right. His comments or Tweet's have never caused an issue. He is a brilliant man and thinks everything through before he makes public comments.

I am sure the general is a very decorated servant but I think we all can agree that President Trump is a man of unquestioned brilliance.
You must live in an alternative universe.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
come on people, grow up, trump is a businessman, and nuclear war is bad for business. that in the end is all you really need to know.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:34 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
This is the policy with every president.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
come on people, grow up, trump is a businessman, and nuclear war is bad for business. that in the end is all you really need to know.
Not a very good business man though, since many of his businesses have declared bankruptcy. And many have a problem with his erratic behavior. You see it in his tweets. He is the one who needs to grow up. So who knows what he would do.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:41 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DI0QV

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-str...er-from-trump/

Didn't he solemnly swear to obey the orders a President when he enlisted decades ago?

Why are generals who have been in the service for decades making unfiltered comments like that?

Tremendously disturbing and unprofessional of him to say that while the world is listening. It is almost as if he in a very passive way is trying to cheapen and demean President Trump.

What strange times we live in? I don't know if he passively implying anything about the current President but it just seems strange to me.

Seems like the Pentagon is even at a loss for word's over the general's comments. It just seems very inappropriate for a general to make those sort of comments when the world is watching.

Seems like he is making passive remarks and demeaning our President. Isn't the President of the Commander of Chief?

So you're saying that you favor nuclear war, initiated by a madman? Do you expect to be taken seriously about anything, after that?

Old 11-18-2017, 11:54 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Sounds like the press is just stirring things up again. There's a procedure for authorization, the general is just saying he will follow that procedure. This is the way it's always been, nothing to see here.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Sounds like the press is just stirring things up again. There's a procedure for authorization, the general is just saying he will follow that procedure. This is the way it's always been, nothing to see here.
The president commands it and no one has the authority to over ride him. The problem is many think Trump is not stable enough to make a nuclear attack. Let's face it, Trump has no idea what he is doing.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:11 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Not a very good business man though, since many of his businesses have declared bankruptcy. And many have a problem with his erratic behavior. ...
Not a very good businessman, I should say.

He's blown through his family multimillion dollar inheritance, and tons of other peoples' money. Six bankruptcies and hundreds of lawsuits over not paying his bills.

He such a terrible businessman that American banks and financiers will have nothing to do with them.

Trump is now bankrolled by the Bank of China, Deutsche bank (known for and convicted of laundering Russian money), drug cartels in Panama, ...

Trump is under a lot of pressure besides what's best for Americans.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:13 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
Then he needs to step down. The USA is developing energy weapons as a means of 100% effectivly taking down incoming threats without any % error that you get from trying to use a missle to shoot down a missle. Once this is perfected we can launch without threat to us.

Thats how it works when your a s*it bag nation like China (economic warfare and military threat) or north korea (military threat). Russia was an excuse to spend money, I dont think there was ever a risk of things going nuclear. Russia is closer in culture to alot of the USA anyways. China and the middle east will always be at odds so why not just do the next 5 generations a favor and tac nuke them back to the stone age? Why allow them to grow and threaten us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies