Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 10:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Oh brother. This man, his family, and his supporters brandished loaded guns and threatened federal agents who were doing their job. The Bundy family had not paid grazing assessments levied by the Bureau of Land Management for years. The government took possession of his cattle to pay those assessments. After all these things took place, the Bundys' participated in the take over of a government building at the Malfleur Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. During that period, they essentially destroyed and ransacked the inside of that building.

These people are not heroes battling big government. They are criminals who believe they have a right to steal the use of public lands, occupy, and destroy public property to make a point.

The Bundys' may not deserve to be in jail forever, but they have committed criminal offenses.

I cannot speak to their health or the medical care they are receiving. I am generally familiar with the medical care a number of prisoners receive here in prison and in county jails. Its not perfect by a longshot, but its much better than the poor and homeless get in our country. Inmates will always criticize the care they are getting. In their mind, it could always be better.

That is absurd! I'll have TRUMP throw you in jail for 2 years and not let you have a speedy trail. Holding you as guilty, until I say you can try to prove your innocents, under the conditions I set. No, you cannot walk free in society, until I say so. Then come trail, I will not allow you to use the Constitution to defend yourself.

Is that a deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 11:04 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,707,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is absurd! I'll have TRUMP throw you in jail for 2 years and not let you have a speedy trail. Holding you as guilty, until I say you can try to prove your innocents, under the conditions I set. No, you cannot walk free in society, until I say so.
Well, if what you say is true... it looks like trump has allowed them to languish in jail since January. What say you to that?

Old 11-20-2017, 11:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times
Simply sounds like Bundy could not or would not make bail. Welcome to the real cost of being poor.

If I were the BLM manager I would have rounded up all of the cattle on BLM land and sold them for hamburger as partial payment of the debt.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Well, if what you say is true... it looks like trump has allowed them to languish in jail since January. What say you to that?

Trump is limited on the information he sees, these days.

Fox isn't covering the Bundy trail.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I suggest repealing the 16th Amendment to start.
Have you ever figured out how the governments should pay for the services that they provide to the citizens if there is no way to collect taxes? Hold bake sales? What?

Old 11-20-2017, 11:09 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Translation: when the mafia shakes you down, comply.
Translation: when you break the law, you pay the price.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:10 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Simply sounds like Bundy could not or would not make bail. Welcome to the real cost of being poor.

If I were the BLM manager I would have rounded up all of the cattle on BLM land and sold them for hamburger as partial payment of the debt.
I would've just shot that entire family when they pulled that refuge stunt. Pieces of ****e.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Trump is limited on the information he sees, these days.

Fox isn't covering the Bundy trail.
So, the prez can't be bothered to learn about anything unless it is on fox? Sounds about right.

And, hows about you complain to fox to see if they will start covering it so that the prez will "see" it?

Old 11-20-2017, 11:12 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,786,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

That's what they were going to do when Bundy called in all the nutjobs

Old 11-20-2017, 11:13 AM

17,014 posts, read 12,610,157 times
Quote:
KINGMAN, Ariz. — A portion of a northern Arizona roadway is being renamed in honor of a controversial figure who was killed by state police during the prolonged occupation of a federal wildlife refuge 22 months ago.
Mohave County supervisors voted 3-2 during their Monday board meeting to rename a portion of Yellowstone Road near the northwest Arizona community of Cane Beds after LaVoy Finicum.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/b...regon-protest/

These people are loved in their communities.
An idiot revered by idiots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVoy_Finicum

Appears he made his money milking the foster care system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies