Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 03:15 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,754 times

Advertisements

I've heard nothing but complaints from the left with respect to the GOP tax plan. What ideas are the Democrats bringing to the table? During the Cruz/Sanders debate on CNN a few weeks ago, Bernie mentioned something about how he'd like to see our taxes as high as Denmark's, which are apparently the highest in the civilized world. I never have really even seen Democrats attempt to lower taxes on the middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 03:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Yea, raise them, that's their answer to everything.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Democrats are not being allowed to participate. Got that? Democrats are not being allowed to participate in health care or tax bills - or really - anything at all. This is a Republican ruled country right now and every single thing that happens is owned by the GOP.

"Unwilling to make concessions to Democrats, GOP leaders have pursued a legislative strategy designed to cut them out entirely, using a procedural tool known as budget reconciliation that allows them to circumvent the 60-vote threshold to defeat a filibuster."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...reform/541197/

Old 11-20-2017, 03:23 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Here's my plan... peg the capital gains tax rate to the income tax rate, tweak the tax brackets a bit, and leave everything else the same for now. Here are my tax brackets:

$0-20K is 10%
$20K to 50K is 15%
$50K to 250K is 25%
$250K to $1M is 30%
$1M+ is 35%

So simple it's funny.. but too simple for politicians that have to have 10 tax brackets to confuse everyone. Capital gains pegged at your income tax rate. Neither party will ever suggest this. If you think they have your best interests at heart, and not the super rich, ask yourself why the democrats never bring up pegging the capital gains tax to the income tax rate. I lowered the rates a bit to compensate for the fact capital gains would be taxed more. They would have to tweaked based on revenue projections which I don't have access too.

Last edited by sholomar; 11-20-2017 at 03:40 PM..

Old 11-20-2017, 03:29 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
I've heard nothing but complaints from the left with respect to the GOP tax plan. What ideas are the Democrats bringing to the table? During the Cruz/Sanders debate on CNN a few weeks ago, Bernie mentioned something about how he'd like to see our taxes as high as Denmark's, which are apparently the highest in the civilized world. I never have really even seen Democrats attempt to lower taxes on the middle class.
This steaming mess of a bill masquerading as tax reform is nothing more than a payoff by the repubs and the fat man to their rich donor ruling elite. It's also so bad they're even willing now, to let an ignorant "Bama" pedophile enter the Senate, so he can help them push this piece of crap bill over the finish line.

There ain't no plan here other than a payoff to the ruling elite and crumbs for Donny's base!

Old 11-20-2017, 03:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
The Democrat tax plan is simple: take the money of hard-working American families and give it to people who don't want to work for a living. Wealth redistribution is their tax plan.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Keep them the way they are? I would make 2 simple changes to the current tax code: peg the capital gains tax to the income tax, no discount for long term gains. With that money, raise the 10% bracket from $9,325 to $20,000, and raise the 15% bracket from $37,950 to $50,000. Simple working class tax cut. Not sure what the revenue difference would be overall compared to what we have now.
Interesting, sounds reasonable too. I guess the corporate rate would still be at 35%? Apparently there was bipartisan support to lower it, but now the dems have backed away.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
This steaming mess of a bill masquerading as tax reform is nothing more than a payoff by the repubs and the fat man to their rich donor ruling elite. It's also so bad they're even willing now, to let an ignorant "Bama" pedophile enter the Senate, so he can help them push this piece of crap bill over the finish line.

There ain't no plan here other than a payoff to the ruling elite and crumbs for Donny's base!
OK I get it, you hate the GOP plan, but what ideas do the Democrats have to lower taxes?

Old 11-20-2017, 03:39 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Do the Democrats have a Tax Plan?

Nope they are soo butt hurt they can't participate in working for America all they can do is scream impeach 45 like a bunch of spoiled children.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:41 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
The Republicans would not allow a single democrat to either partake in the planning or see so much as a word of the text.

1 did you know this before posting?
2 Do you expect the Dems to publish a plan that the Republicans have already refused to discuss with them?
3 Did you know that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats have ever excluded the other party like this before. At least in the last 50 years.

these are easy yes no questions OP..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies