Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 11:38 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Hi, can you tell me which part of the story looks funny?

I told the story to some people at work on Monday. Some told me there must have been a better way to get the cash and I threw it back at them right away. How else was I able to get $2000 on a Sunday evening? ATM withdraw limit is $500, and no one was working at the bank for me to call to up the limit. The guy I was buying from didn't have paypal and he didn't accept a check. So... how else was I suppose to get the cash?
My bank, usaa, has an app. I'm able to increase my limit right there without having to call them. See if your bank offer this as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 11:38 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
My bank, usaa, has an app. I'm able to increase my limit right there without having to call them. See if your bank offer this as well.
Already looked into it. No go.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:39 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
You did not, but I mentioned that if you were black male, your experience may have been different.

I had thought you were a female, from some of your past postings referring to your boyfriend. My mistake on that part.

I have little doubt that I, a white male, would equally have had a good experience with the police (or, so I hope). However, scams concerning these check out registers is well known.

Who knows? If a black male had provided the receipts and explanation that you did, he may also have escaped being shot.
Lots of men have boyfriends, especially the gay ones.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:41 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I bet the people behind you in line were PO'ed
So switch line. They get over it.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:52 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's sad that you think being right should get you beat or killed. It's no wonder this country is in such a mess.
I think this country is a mess because so many people won't just be polite to a cop.

Too many times I've seen videos where the driver or passenger start the video before the cop even makes it up to the window, knowing they are gonna act like a complete ass and make things harder for themselves, and then post it as if it's the cop's fault they acted like clowns. Yelling, cussing, calling the cops "pigs", waving their arms around, and ratcheting up the level of tension.

I absolutely stand by anyone who truly was polite but still got mistreated, but not these fools that do it purposefully.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:56 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
So switch line. They get over it.
MMM yea that entitlement mentality!

F those guys, they'll get over it, I NEED to make 20 back to back individual transactions getting cash back each time! They can just go to another line after they realize there is no end in sight to my janky method of getting cash for this purchase I NEED to make! It's fine cause I NEED to buy this thing cause I really WANT IT RIGHT NOW!

Old 11-21-2017, 12:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The Walmart here, would have shut you down on the 2nd trip and certainly the 3rd through the line.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:01 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
It’s not the police’s fault that Walmart called them. You obviously triggered something sinister with the cashier.
So after all this discussion, are you ever going to tell us what was so important that you had to go through all this drama to buy it?

Old 11-21-2017, 12:09 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Allow me to say this, MetroWord: if you were a black male, instead of an Asian American female, your experience may have been a little different.
Without a doubt, if the OP had been a black male we would probably be reading a story about how the police arrested him and confiscated all his money. Sorry, OP, but your insinuation that it was only your behavior that allowed you to walk out of there with your money and your dignity is insulting to the many polite blacks whose experience is much different. See post #20 if you doubt that.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:10 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It’s not the police’s fault that Walmart called them. You obviously triggered something sinister with the cashier.
So after all this discussion, are you ever going to tell us what was so important that you had to go through all this drama to buy it?
Actually, I don't think the drama was that bad.

No, I'm not going to tell you what I bought, but it was certainly worth the effort
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies