Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 09:53 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
People being nice should be appreciated I get this a lot too even from teenagers. I must seem approachable. Compliments I am totally ok with. Not sure why some would have a problem with that. Many men have told me they know nobody wakes up that way and they like to compliment any woman for their efforts. Some recognize society is not fair to women. We are not trying to objectify ourselves - a lot of how we dress is based on societal expectation or simply personal expression. No one is trying to pick anyone up in these cases. Just being nice. I can see from your post you see the difference.
Thank you. Raising 2 daughters helped and as I have said before some of the things they had to and probably always will have to put up with are not an example of classy behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 10:44 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
While I do not understand the point of this post, I would like to clarify that being noticed and getting touched are two different things entirely.
I am wearing a blazer (not buttoned) with a white camisole underneath, black skinny pants and trendy booties. I even did my hair and am wearing a necklace lol.. Would I be insulted if someone looked at me as I passed them by, no not at all. Does the fact that I am sort of dressed up give anyone the right to touch me or make sexual remarks to me, absolutely not.
Men go to the gym to work out and ultimately get a nice six pack. Do they do this to get noticed when they go shirtless?Are they objectifying themselves? What about men who dress like catalogue models in everyday life? Are they objectifying themselves. I admit, I look sometimes lol
Men should admit that they are fallible.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:19 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
I work in a machine shop and we have a women there whose in about her lower 30's. She comes to work dressed like she just left the gym. Her pants are some where between TIGHT sweat pants and leggings.
Her shirt is something a woman would wear to a wet T-shirt contest. She's attractive enough but I fail to understand why would she want to dress this way around work. There are other women who work there but none of them wear anything so..tight is the word I'm looking for you can tell what color of panties she is wearing depending on the color of her pants. She's worked there for 3 years and she's divorced from my understanding. All the men working there are married and older then she is by a good bit 15 years I would say.

I have to wonder in a place like a machine shop why someone male or female would dress that way.

BTW, kudos to ANY woman who works in a place such as a machine shop, automotive, etc.

Very hot!

Old 11-24-2017, 06:31 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I work in a machine shop and we have a women there whose in about her lower 30's. She comes to work dressed like she just left the gym. Her pants are some where between TIGHT sweat pants and leggings.
Her shirt is something a woman would wear to a wet T-shirt contest. She's attractive enough but I fail to understand why would she want to dress this way around work. There are other women who work there but none of them wear anything so..tight is the word I'm looking for you can tell what color of panties she is wearing depending on the color of her pants. She's worked there for 3 years and she's divorced from my understanding. All the men working there are married and older then she is by a good bit 15 years I would say.

I have to wonder in a place like a machine shop why someone male or female would dress that way.

BTW, kudos to ANY woman who works in a place such as a machine shop, automotive, etc.

Very hot!
Three things tell the Truth on planet Earth... Children, drunks, and yoga pants.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:50 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Do women objectify themselves when they wear short skirts, high heels, tight blouses etc? Not that I mind. I thoroughly enjoy them. Don’t attack me, I’m not excusing harassment. Just an opinion question. Looking nice is one thing, but putting out the sexy vibes seems practically unfair. #justwalkaway.

It's funny that you equate dressing up with being overtly sexual. Have you never seen a woman who was beautifully dressed - but whose outfit was elegant without being particularly sexual?

Old 11-25-2017, 05:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Could you imagine how angry women would be if men never ever complimented them ever again?

There would be absolute HELL to pay ...

Old 11-25-2017, 05:19 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Could you imagine how angry women would be if men never ever complimented them ever again?

There would be absolute HELL to pay ...
*Shrug* If that somehow happened, the world would go on. It wouldn’t be as nearly traumatic as you think.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:26 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Men should admit that they are fallible.
Humans are fallible. It won't be until the first computer chips are successfully integrated into our neural tissue that we can begin to lick the fallibility problem.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:13 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Most probably wouldn't even notice. I doubt there would be anger unless the person which expects the compliment is a narcissist and relies on constant adoration. That type of person can be either gender though.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:52 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
There has always been this little cat and mouse game between men and women, where women love to look attractive, but don't want anyone to be attracted to them. I had a lady one time who was talking to me, and she had a VERY lowcut dress on, and she was VERY healthy. No matter how I tried to be a Gentleman, and keep eye contact, that little devil on my left shoulder kept moving my eyes downward.

We have to accept that humans are sexual beings, and if you wave a steak in front of their eyes, they are going to look at it. That goes for men and women, sometimes women are even more bold than we guys are.
I don't disagree but its something we have been taught. I just don't believe tribal cultures have the same view upon seeing exposed flesh. At a very young age we teach our children to cover up. That genitalia and secondary sex organs are taboo, off limits, private, especially females . So naturally we want to see them and are fascinated with them. We also teach little girls to aspire to be pretty at a very young age. Hair bows, make up, hose, shaving, nail polish, clothing. And then of course they are going to use these things and the taboo flesh that men are fascinated with to attract a mate.
Even today women are ridiculed if they dress like men in baggy comfortable clothes, dont wear make up and have short simple haircuts. Not like they once were but still they're called lesbo, bull dykes, unattractive, plain Janes by both men and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies