Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 01:56 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,907,683 times

Advertisements

I said a "really good telescope". The flag is there regardless.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:00 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
I said a "really good telescope". The flag is there regardless.
The seeing won't allow it. Get above the seeing like the space telescope and make it bigger then maybe.

If ya don't understand what seeing is then look it up. I am lucky to have some super steady nites and can use powers over 1000x on the planets with my 14.5" and bigger scopes.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:06 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I'm educated, very well educated. The people I know that support Trump are as well. You are a condescending, elitist. You know nothing about flight, let alone space flight. Nothing. Did you ever fly anything? No, I didn't think so.
So according to that logic, the only people in the world who know anything at all about space flight -ANYTHING, according to you - are pilots. Nobody else knows a single thing about space flight. Nothing. Not a single, solitary thing. Nada. Zilch.

One might almost conclude that you are "a condescending, elitist" (sic).

It's also the mark of a condescending elitist to thump your chest and bray, "I went to college, so I'm smart." People who are genuinely smart know that there's a lot more to being smart than just going to college. Lots of dumb people go to college. If they're dumb when they go in, they're usually dumb when they come out - better educated, but they still don't know how to think logically.

Like Trumpheads, for example. I have never once - EVER - met a Trumphead online or in person who was genuinely smart. They're all dummies, just like the moon landing conspiracy people. They may have college degrees, so obviously they know how to memorize information and pass tests, but they're incapable of thinking logically. They can memorize things, but they can't figure out what any of it actually means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I think anyone who really studied engineering has some doubts about it. However no one is sure...except for those who have access to the classified info.
Ummm... actually, most people are quite sure. The fact that a small percentage of illogical people are too obtuse to accept the facts that are right in front of their faces doesn't mean nobody knows for sure - it just means that a handful of people are a little slower than the rest.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:34 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Intellect best suits the "open mind" that is willing to Learn..... otherwise knowledge can be wasted on the foolish, who close their mind, get lost in resentments, and become anguished into competitive jealousies.
the mindset of "obstinate" is itself a sign that one is not equipped to embrace the vast learning that is within life; of which is a "never-ending" journey for those with an open mind.

There is a reason why Haughtiness makes fools of man, and there is a reason why and how boastful pride makes man small in and of himself.

The expansiveness of information and the pursuit to gain knowledge become useless to the man who refuses to embrace "understanding".

Understanding is about the openness to see beyond ones own thoughts, and learn beyond ones own concepts, to enable on to be able to grow in learning of the endless things that exist within the span of ones life, for there is much to learn even beyond the life of a individual man... because the world continues to show more than mankind grows more and learns more, and comes to understand more.... That's how the future continues to unfold and bring new things into what is the world and life of mankind.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:45 PM

93 posts, read 77,614 times
I trust the science. The genius astrophysicists like Neil deGrasse Tyson would have mentioned it if the moon landing were faked. You always hear their opinions more nowadays in spite of Fox News. Yay, thought!

Old 11-23-2017, 06:26 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I don’t believe it is possible to land on the moon. The rocket thrusters would melt the cheese making the moon’s surface too soft and the lunar lander would sink in like fondue.
sounds like a tasty problem

Old 11-23-2017, 06:35 PM

I cant argue the science because it's way over my head, as it is for most people, but the only thing that makes me question the official "Moon narrative" is how NASA is the only organization that has supposedly done it, and nobody else has 50 years later. Not the Russians. Not the Chinese, not Elon Musk. Couple that with how the US government is a known liar about everything and you have to wonder sometimes.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:09 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I cant argue the science because it's way over my head, as it is for most people, but the only thing that makes me question the official "Moon narrative" is how NASA is the only organization that has supposedly done it, and nobody else has 50 years later. Not the Russians. Not the Chinese, not Elon Musk. Couple that with how the US government is a known liar about everything and you have to wonder sometimes.
In other words, besides the crappy videos and doctored photos the whole moon landing thing is an act of faith. There is nothing scientific about it.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
In other words, besides the crappy videos and doctored photos the whole moon landing thing is an act of faith. There is nothing scientific about it.
I'm not a hardcore Moon-denier...in fact I hope it happened just like they said it did. There are just certain aspects of the whole thing that don't put my mind at ease.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:21 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Since you are apparently in France, then, no, you did not and do not have the necessary technology.
Boooooom! Mike drop. (sadly cannot yet rep you again.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies