Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 06:29 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Excellent. That's what we elected him for!
Why do you want a troll? What’s wrong with a leader who has, say, positive personality traits? It’s so weird. Why do you want a fellow who insults people at a ceremony honoring war heroes?

Old 11-27-2017, 06:32 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Seems Elizabeth Warren is a lot like the people on the Ancestry.com commercials that believe they are of a certain ethnicity as it has been told and passed down over generations. What they had believed, without prior evidence, was later proved wrong.
Accurate. This just happened in my family. My dad and his siblings had been told their grandfather was half Native American. It became a core part of their identity. My dad talked about it all the time when I was growing up and my aunt went to events thrown by the tribe for many years. There are few, if any, full blooded members of the tribe left so it's not that uncommon for people with grandparents and great grandparents who claimed heritage to take part to try to keep the culture alive.

About two weeks ago, I got a call from my aunt wailing into the phone. I thought someone had died. Nope, she just got back her 23 and Me results. Close to 100% British Isle descent. She's devastated. Both she and my dad claimed Native ancestry on various forms through their lives never knowing the better - and they're from the same area and same generation as Elizabeth Warren.

I suspect that my great grandfather was darker complexioned than other members of the family and so he was given the nickname "***** Frank." He was much older than my great grandmother and an only child, so there was no other family to elaborate on the family history. It went from being a nickname to becoming family canon, and somewhere along the way a tribe and whole history was invented. No one questioned it, genealogical research left it feasible that his mother could have been Native, and so it came as a complete shock to find out that not one bit of it was true. I'm a member of the genealogical society of my last name and it's amazing how many family rumors of Native American ancestry have been blown out of the water.

That doesn't mean that I find claiming that ancestry acceptable regardless. If your closest claim to a Native relative was only ever a great grandmother, then realistically that heritage had very little impact on you, nor is it statistically significant.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:34 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Trump isn't dividing the Country----Trump haters are!
Now that's fascinating!
Making a racial slur against Indians in front of their war veterans isn’t divisive, why was that appropriate at this event. Nice touch honoring them in front of Andrew Jackson bringing back memories of the march of tears.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:36 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
none of the indian war veterans present appeared to have a problem.

the leftist politicians and talking heads were the ones bent over in fits of rage..
Which is exactly why he does it. And also is exactly why we laugh at the idiots who get their Indian feathers ruffled when he does it.

Elizabeth Pocahontas Warren lied. She deserves any and all disrespect hurled her way.

Honestly, I doubt those Indians standing with Trump even knew what he was referring to. They looked kinda blank.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:36 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Seems Elizabeth Warren is a lot like the people on the Ancestry.com commercials that believe they are of a certain ethnicity as it has been told and passed down over generations. What they had believed, without prior evidence, was later proved wrong.
Ahhhhh, NO. Warren purposely lied about her background to use AFFIRMATIVE ACTION to get into prestigious schools, and get high paying jobs, then political advancement. She is a lying, hypocritical embarrassment.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:38 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Ahhhhh, NO. Warren purposely lied about her background to use AFFIRMATIVE ACTION to get into prestigious schools, and get high paying jobs, then political advancement. She is a lying, hypocritical embarrassment.
This has been debunked countless times, yet you feel the need to lie.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:38 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Warren made her bed, now she can LIE in it. She deserves the "racist" (Oh my God!) "slur". Good for Trump to honor these brave men, and again remind us of a Senator using THEIR heritage for PERSONAL GAIN.
There are a lot of people whose parents told them they had Native American heritage, mine included. Every elder in my family insisted I had this heritage on both sides. So I did a DNA test. Found out I have less than one percent. But I would have never found out had I not had that test. Elizabeth Warren said her mother also told her that she had Native American heritage, so I can see where she would have thought that.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:39 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
That is not correct, Harvard did not take her ethnic background into consideration when hiring her. This was all a lie started by Scott Brown in the 2012 Senate race

Old 11-27-2017, 06:42 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This has been debunked countless times, yet you feel the need to lie.
I think the term you want is "projection". IE they lie about it claiming that Warren is some horrible person.....for believing her family.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
He honored Code Talkers in front of a portrait of Andrew Jackson.
This was the cherry on top of yet another public demonstration of ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies