Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 03:14 AM

27,221 posts, read 46,860,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well Angela Lansbury was never attractive, so...........
Inside and outside seems to be a fit for Lansbury! What a sad statement she made. Clueless and helpless!

Old 11-29-2017, 05:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,684,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
She isn't totally wrong guys. Surely you've all seen what some women do to themselves to get attention and what they are willing to do to get something they want. We aren't all that innocent.
Yes, I agree, but there is a double standard with this too.

I was just reading last night about a local 15 yr old girl that was apparently a home wrecker on massive scale, handful of married women blogged about her and then some of the posts this girl made in response are pretty evil, she brags about being able to seduce 40-50 yr old guys and tricks she has learned to remove a wedding ring that has been on for years, I was amazed at how open she was talking about all this. She is fairly attractive, not a 10, but close. At one point she says she will never have to work a job or go to college.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:49 AM

4,138 posts, read 4,544,483 times
Quote:
She isn't totally wrong guys. Surely you've all seen what some women do to themselves to get attention and what they are willing to do to get something they want. We aren't all that innocent.
I'll bite - Angela Lansbury is not incorrect. There is a young woman at my gym, probably 20 years old. She has an absolutely amazing body. Every day, she wears the tightest and shortest shorts imaginable to work out in and, spends at least an hour on the middle of the workout floor on her back, legs spread wide open as she works her ??? muscles. I'm gay, not bisexual, and when I see her I cannot look away. And I think to myself, "I would do her in a heartbeat". I can only imagine all the straight men's reactions and, it's easy to see many are trying to avoid any proximity to her. I'm not saying it would be appropriate or "okay" for anyone to touch her or say anything sexual to her BUT, her dress and behavior, coupled with the body she was blessed with definitely makes a strong non verbal statement! If women refuse to understand that, it is at their own risk.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:16 AM

18,474 posts, read 7,130,693 times
Quote:
Sometimes I think there are women who want to have their cake and eat it too.

Example:

Woman wears a low cut dress and an attractive man lets his eyes wander......and she's flattered.

Woman wears the same dress and an unattractive man lets his eyes wander.......and she's offended/harassed.

There is a certain denial of common sense when it comes to expecting men to ignore millions of years of evolutionary drive because society all of a sudden says it's not OK to look at a women's butt when she's wearing short shorts.

Don't get me wrong..... I'm not trying to say that actual harassment is OK.....it's definitely not.

But when you suddenly decide to expand your definition of what constitutes harassment, it's not reasonable to expect nature to catch up with your definitions overnight.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:34 AM

8,402 posts, read 4,402,020 times
I am not condoning male actions but in a lot of ways men are primitive. When a woman goes in public nearly nude or dressed provocatively, then most men will react with sexual thought. That barrier between thought and action can get pretty grey at times and men tend to think with the wrong 'head'.

Its a simple analogy but can you put a child in a candy store and expect them not to want to sample the goods?

Yes it is about self control and maturity but sometimes when you hold a fish in front of a bear, nature will take its course and who is to blame?

If a woman wants to hold her fish out in front of the bear, then she should at least be able to defend the fish. That is simply saying she needs to expect advances and should have the ability to shut them down. Otherwise, keep your fish hidden.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:37 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,041,648 times
Quote:
I dont agree at all.

I was raised to keep my hands to myself and my stupid comments in my head. I have zero difficulty with that.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:42 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,964,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I dont agree at all.

I was raised to keep my hands to myself and my stupid comments in my head. I have zero difficulty with that.
Thank goodness there are still some decent men around.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:42 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,524,640 times
The fault in your logic is that you think that everyone who wants to look attractive wants to look attractive for other people.

The other fault in your logic is that just because someone does want to look attractive to other people does not mean that they should be sexually harassed or molested.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:44 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,524,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I am not condoning male actions but in a lot of ways men are primitive. When a woman goes in public nearly nude or dressed provocatively, then most men will react with sexual thought. That barrier between thought and action can get pretty grey at times and men tend to think with the wrong 'head'.

Its a simple analogy but can you put a child in a candy store and expect them not to want to sample the goods?

Yes it is about self control and maturity but sometimes when you hold a fish in front of a bear, nature will take its course and who is to blame?

If a woman wants to hold her fish out in front of the bear, then she should at least be able to defend the fish. That is simply saying she needs to expect advances and should have the ability to shut them down. Otherwise, keep your fish hidden.
So ask politely for the candy and be willing to graciously accept a no.

We're not saying that people shouldn't ask someone out or talk to someone.
We are talking about sexual harassment.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:57 AM

8,402 posts, read 4,402,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So ask politely for the candy and be willing to graciously accept a no.

We're not saying that people shouldn't ask someone out or talk to someone.
We are talking about sexual harassment.
Most certainly.

What some of these individuals in the news are purported to have done, like walking around nude at work or during an interview, groping etc ..... should be ashamed of them selves and face appropriate consequences.

I am also saying that if a woman turns the heat up, expect the water to boil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies