Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 10:17 PM

1,704 posts, read 751,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The fault in your logic is that you think that everyone who wants to look attractive wants to look attractive for other people.

The other fault in your logic is that just because someone does want to look attractive to other people does not mean that they should be sexually harassed or molested.
What do you think attractive means?

When a woman dresses up to look "attractive", if she attracts an appropriate suiter, then everything is just fine provided that he's not too sexually aggressive too soon.
However OTOH, if she "attracts" the "wrong" guy ( an inappropriate suiter), then he may very well be quickly placed into the "creep" category even though he has made similarly suggestive moves as the appropriate suiter.
I've found that most women want certain men with whom they feel most comfortable, to sometimes be passionately aggressive. That doesn't mean being sexually abusive or obnoxious!
We must always bear in mind that we humans are all primates. Most male primates in the animal kingdom exhibit aggressive behavior towards their targeted female exploits.
However, we as male human beings must remember that the primary difference between us and baboons, is that we're supposed to have a superior brain which should allow us the privilege of using better judgement and discernment.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:23 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,940,309 times
Of course shes correct. Some women do use their looks and their body, flirt etc., using their sexuality to get close to rich and powerful men to get a better job, some money and other things courtesy of men.
It reminds me of a story a friend told me. He used to do satelite TV installs in the Detroit area. One day, he had a service call to Isaiah Thomas's house. In his bedroom he found a box full of pictures of scantily and naked women, offering themselves to him. Same as with groupies who case rock stars and other performers.
Its not hard to see how a man like Matt L could get used to this specialized treatment from slutty women.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:11 PM

5,344 posts, read 4,445,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Angela Lansbury: attractive women 'must sometimes take the blame' for sexual harassment

Ummm....Totally disagree here. A lot of older women think this. I have no idea why.

My mother in law thinks this as well.

I honestly wonder if this thought comes from a place where the older woman feels they are no longer attractive, and feel the need to take it out on the younger generation? There always seems to be some tinge of jealousy among the older women that say this.

No idea, just thinking out loud.
She's not wrong. Key word "sometimes."
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:54 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 16 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,609,128 times
Isn't that the schoolyard bully's argument in essence?

"That Person" needs to take responsibility for being normal.

If the government doesn't have the right to tell people how to dress, still less does the culture. Unfortunately, I've seen otherwise decent and sensible people speak as apologists for the sexual bullies in our midst, and even bullies in general. Instead of making the out-crowds take responsibility for conforming to the ideas of the in-groups, it's the in-groups who should be more willing to criticize themselves and question their own assumptions about who or what a human being ought to be (hint: if that person's acts, expressions or ways of being are clearly not an intent to hurt, harm, or degrade the dignity of others - then I see no reason to scorn that person or their acts, expressions or ways of being).

Old 12-01-2017, 06:11 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,803,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Here we part company, and I call "BS".

Dress codes (perhaps they should be called "overdress" codes) are nothing more than the most absurd means by which the psycho-sexual absolutes of a minority of moneyed geezers are forced upon the rest of us. it may be perfectly legal, and those who choose a dissenting view may have to pay a heavy price, but removing (or at least reducing the weight of) this millstone around the necks (literally!) of the responsible majority of employees would produce far greater benefit than a few parroted cries of "harassment", which are currently and politically en vogue.
I have been part of both eras and I can say that the professional atmosphere gradually dissolved after business casual appeared.

In our company, we were even permitted to wear blue jeans on Fridays. Which I never did for fear that the women would lose control of themselves.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:45 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,777,083 times
Blame is a funny concept. Not necessarily the same thing as cause & effect... but most people make no distinction.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:48 AM

10,842 posts, read 4,385,664 times
Whether or not they are to "blame" for being harassed, the fact is vanity is not a good thing.
I never respect people who are vein and obsessed with their own appearance.
Unfortunately a huge percentage of females are horribly vein.
Its very hard to find a good female.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:50 AM

10,013 posts, read 5,718,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Angela Lansbury: attractive women 'must sometimes take the blame' for sexual harassment

Ummm....Totally disagree here. A lot of older women think this. I have no idea why.

My mother in law thinks this as well.

I honestly wonder if this thought comes from a place where the older woman feels they are no longer attractive, and feel the need to take it out on the younger generation? There always seems to be some tinge of jealousy among the older women that say this.

No idea, just thinking out loud.
I'm guessing because the progressive thought of her era was that women actually have agency. Today's "progressives" have regressed to the belief that women are hapless victims who have no say in or control over the events or direction of their lives.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,340,769 times
Eff her.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:56 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,660,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I dont agree at all.

I was raised to keep my hands to myself and my stupid comments in my head. I have zero difficulty with that.
It's not only comments and hands. Looking at her (if you are an unattractive man of course) also considered as sexual offence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.