Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 05:22 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times

Advertisements

Lol. Angela Lansbury? And we care about her opinion why?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:54 PM

21,565 posts, read 8,743,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Of course not. I think a woman might not want to wear a thong bikini to a construction site, but the inappropriateness of that choice in no way places blame on a woman (or man) who wears one if someone chooses to sexually harass or molest them.

People can control themselves. They simply choose not to.
That's true, too. I agree that men need to stop viewing women as sexual objects rather than fellow human beings with the right to be left alone. But even if a woman dresses skimpily without the intention to attract male attention, I still think that the responsibility for avoiding situations that can lead to sexual harassment shouldn't be 100% on the man. (That's giving all the power to the man, isn't it?) And that doesn't mean that the woman is "asking for it," either. It's just that a woman who puts the goods on display in a provocative manner is more likely to be sexually harassed. I think a woman can look attractive and sexy without having to look trashy.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 11-29-2017 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 11-29-2017, 06:06 PM

19,688 posts, read 12,265,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
That's true, too. I agree that men need to stop viewing women as sexual objects rather than fellow human beings with the right to be left alone. But even if a woman dresses skimpily without the intention to attract male attention, I still think that the responsibility for avoiding situations that can lead to sexual harassment shouldn't be 100% on the man. (That's giving all the power to the man, isn't it?) And that doesn't mean that the woman is "asking for it," either. It's just that a woman who puts the goods on display in a provocative manner is more likely to be sexually harassed. I think a woman can look attractive and sexy without having to look trashy.
That isn't up to you. Trashy is in right now. Don't like it, tell the fashion people to stop selling it. I just saw a woman on fox news that looked so ridiculous I said something nasty to the tv.

It is 100% the man's fault if he harasses, and the man has all the power not to harass.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:19 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,739,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Men can always opt to ignore them instead or harassing or molesting them.
I never said harassing or molesting them was okay. But you'll never stop me from looking!

Old 11-29-2017, 06:36 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,355,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Well... there went my respect for Mrs. Lansbury.
Simple answers are intended for simple minds.

Personally, Ms. Lansbury will always be identified in my mind with her role as the level-headed Mavis Pruitt in the 1960 film adaptation of William Inge's The Dark at the Top of the Stairs -- one of the most frank and common-sensical portrayals of life in an America before a myriad of societal changes, (which were inevitable) shook everything up. and the media aroused a "societal conscience'' which knew right from wrong, but still isn't sure what (if it's even possible) to do about it, Lansbury has continued to fine-tune and project that persona through a long and successful maturity.

"I'm gonna see Mavis Pruitt, I'm gonna drink booze, and I'm gonna raise all the hell I can get into!" (Reuben Flood / Robert Preston in The Dark at the Top of the Stairs)

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-29-2017 at 07:22 PM..

Old 11-29-2017, 06:41 PM

20,765 posts, read 8,609,188 times
There is dressing attractively and dressing sluttily. If you dress like a **** you can expect to attract men who treat you like a ****.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:38 PM

21,565 posts, read 8,743,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That isn't up to you. Trashy is in right now. Don't like it, tell the fashion people to stop selling it. I just saw a woman on fox news that looked so ridiculous I said something nasty to the tv.
I know, and I think this is part of the problem and the reason I believe that women bear at least some of the responsibility. You can't dress like a **** and then act surprised when men do what men have been doing from time immemorial.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:24 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,087,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Angela Lansbury: attractive women 'must sometimes take the blame' for sexual harassment

Ummm....Totally disagree here. A lot of older women think this. I have no idea why.

My mother in law thinks this as well.

I honestly wonder if this thought comes from a place where the older woman feels they are no longer attractive, and feel the need to take it out on the younger generation? There always seems to be some tinge of jealousy among the older women that say this.

No idea, just thinking out loud.
That is right, you got no idea.

What Angela says is true. Here you have women (or male homosexuals) trying to think like hetero men. It wont work gals. Men and women are on different wavelengths.

Same thing if you run around with a gold Rolex and think you will be safe in sketchy areas. Are you going to keep chanting..it is never my fault? Well, you had it coming, because you lived in a fantasy world. And you know what, it can be your fault.

Here is your world ladies in a SHTF world...you step out your door and you will be abducted as a sex slave. Your abductor generally doesn't want to exert power over you...they want sex plain and simple.

If men get glimpse of your luscious breasts the get a hard on, you brush up against em...a hard on. They see you bend over and show some leg...a hard on. Accept if you advertise ladies...you may get a buyer.

As you lose your beauty ladies and have no power over men, you will long for the days when someone would look at you...enjoy the power while you can...and keep chanting it is never my fault!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:32 PM

39,256 posts, read 27,655,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Angela Lansbury: attractive women 'must sometimes take the blame' for sexual harassment

Ummm....Totally disagree here. A lot of older women think this. I have no idea why.

My mother in law thinks this as well.

I honestly wonder if this thought comes from a place where the older woman feels they are no longer attractive, and feel the need to take it out on the younger generation? There always seems to be some tinge of jealousy among the older women that say this.

No idea, just thinking out loud.
I disagree with her and agree with you.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:27 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,513,010 times
She is now saying her comments were taken out of context. Didn't deny saying it, but says it was not what she meant.

(excerpt)
Those who have known the quality of my work and the many public statements I have made over the course of my life, must know, that I am a strong supporter of Women’s Rights.”
Lansbury attempted to distance herself from her comments in an interview with Radio Times magazine, saying they were taken out of context. “Lastly, I would like to add that I am troubled by how quickly and brutishly some have taken my comments out of context and attempted to blame my generation, my age, or my mindset, without having read the entirety of what I said,” she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=spartanntp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies