Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 02:50 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This entire thread is bringing back memories of 2002. There weren't any forums then, but there were 'newsgroups.' And I remember having these exact same discussions with Bush supporters regarding the Iraq War.

The similarity is that the Iraq War was unnecessary and would serve to disrupt the world and result in death and destruction, and this Jerusalem move is also totally unnecessary and will serve to disrupt the world and result in death and destruction.

The pro Bush/Iraq War crowd also rationalized their reasons that the war was necessary just like people are rationalizing this.

This move is basically a totally unnecessary pre-emptive strike that will be regretted in the same way the Iraq War was. We got ISIS from the Iraq War. God knows what we will get from this boneheaded action.
They already exist. They are called Hezbollah, Hamas, PLO (Fatah ). All will be funded by Iran. Everyone else is in red ink due to Syria and Yemen.

Like this is something new :
Quote:
Palestinian factions in West Bank have announced there will be at least three "days of rage" beginning Wednesday, 6 December over US President Donald Trump's expected decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/palestinian...olence-1650319

Last edited by Pruzhany; 12-06-2017 at 03:13 AM..

Old 12-06-2017, 03:31 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
At first I thought Trump was only out to destroy the US. Now I think he wants to destroy the world.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:14 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
It is literally in the Hamas charter to destroy Israel.

Abbas is on record saying there would be not one Jew in a Palestinian state.

The entire middle east is muslim except for 8K square miles...get over it and live in peace with your jewish neighbors.
portraying israel as some vulnerable entity is a bad joke , it has the unconditional backing of the only super power and far and away the richest diaspora of any nation on earth , its the second most powerful nation on earth effectively

Old 12-06-2017, 04:27 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Hyperbole aside (look up the definition of genocide), yes.

That's what almost every group of people has had to do throughout history.

You have been offered an independent state countless times. Life requires compromise.

Whats the other option? Continual terror attacks and response from Israel until both sides kill each other? That doesn't sound too good to me.
ive read some trite posts on this site in my time but yours takes the biscuit

Old 12-06-2017, 05:10 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
At first I thought Trump was only out to destroy the US. Now I think he wants to destroy the world.
Trump must think he is a god of the world. Why he is still in the oval office is beyond me.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:14 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
The more the world protests, the more likely Trump will make his decision.

Why?

Because Trump loves being the center of attention regardless of whether it costs lives.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Trump must think he is a god of the world. Why he is still in the oval office is beyond me.
Triggered.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:17 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
From the start of the zionist movement to the balfour declaration was palestine empty of inhabitants?
From 1917 Balfour declaration and British occupation of Palestine were jews intent on peace? From the arab revolution against britain to the 1947/48 break out of war was the intent of zionists to sing kumbaya with their palestinian neighbors or take over some land? I believe in a Palestine where me and all displaced Palestinians get their land back, war criminals are served justice, jerusalem is an open city like it once was under muslim rule a long time ago, and a land where jews dont discriminate against palestinians...
1. In "Palestine" of 1917 lived Arabs and Jews.
2. Yes, the intention was to live in peace. You are the ones who started to murder.
3. The war started because you did not want to share the land with us and wanted to drove us to the sea. We accepted any partition plan. You don't. And you lost.
4. And I believe in unicorns. Continue to shake your keys while we building our country.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
They already exist. They are called Hezbollah, Hamas, PLO (Fatah ). All will be funded by Iran. Everyone else is in red ink due to Syria and Yemen.
Iran does not, and will not fund Hamas or Fatah, which are Sunni groups. It was Bush’s boneheaded foreign policy which brought those organizations back on their feet, and yes, Trump wil make it worse.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:22 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Iran does not, and will not fund Hamas or Fatah, which are Sunni groups. It was Bush’s boneheaded foreign policy which brought those organizations back on their feet, and yes, Trump wil make it worse.
MAKE what worse, their hatred of Jews? We should bend to the will of groups wanting to exterminate Israelis?

No, Israel is Israel, and they get to pick their capital city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies