Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 09:43 AM

29,558 posts, read 9,774,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Moving the embassy from City A to City B doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Getting into a nuclear war over Israel, that's another matter.
Read much history?

How many times have we seen how no big deal leads to a really big deal?

Old 12-10-2017, 09:44 AM

17,374 posts, read 11,342,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The reverse is even easier and much more feasible. Any of the neighboring Arab countries could give the "Palestinians" an equal amount of land to make their own homeland and they would never miss it. Egypt, Syria, Jordan can all do this. They'd be in the mist of people just like themselves of the same religion and ancestry. They could also be given money for farms, gardens and villas. Shrines and holy places would not need to be dismantled and moved since they are already in these countries. They would be safe in the mist of their fellow Arab Muslims.
See how easy that works?
BTW, I am not an Israeli, Jewish or Evangelical. I'm calling this situation like I see it.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
His announcement is having the expected effect judging by all the anti US rioting in ME cities, like the ones close to US Embassy in Lebanon. ISIS is smiling and rubbing their hands together knowing new recruits will start pouring in.
It's not just the immediate reaction but our place in possibly promoting peace in the region into the future...

America, as an international player, is becoming something like these elected representatives who are now having to resign after their actions and poor judgment are proving them unworthy, forever more!

Thank goodness maybe someday we can blame all this on one man, Trump, and re-emerge with better leadership that will somehow help correct all this slip-and-slide into the mud before it is too late, if not already too late!

Old 12-10-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
There has been decades rioting related to the US, Burning US flags and embassy closures. In other words nothing has changed.
Something like the decades of men behaving badly (the now emerging sexual harassment charges) until finally the wrongs are not being tolerated like before? Is that your point? After decades of doing what brings on such acts of protest, we're to begin ignoring the protests? To the tune of "nothing has changed?"

Again history has shown us how change can take an awful long time before change may seemingly happen over night, for whatever new reason, usually having to do with a growing sense among a growing number of people that "enough is enough."

Last edited by LearnMe; 12-10-2017 at 10:33 AM..

Old 12-10-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
You seem to be unaware that although the American media doesn't report it, Palestinian Arab rage in the form of stabbings, rocket fire (from the Gaza Strip into Southern Israel), car rammings, etc. are common occurences in Israel and the West Bank.

Exactly Arab protests to the Israelis is ongoing all the time and President Trump's declaration is just another excuse for these actions which happen all the time.
You kidding? Have you any idea how long I have been following these events in that region? Including those as you describe? How long we've all had to follow this story? Who has been spared in that regard? Is this too another attempt to "normalize" the violence in the region as if no new source of protest or rioting should deserve international attention or consideration?

Hopefully not all in this country are so far gone...

Old 12-10-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You know, I couldn't care less what the bigoted, anti-Semitist Arabs think. They have hated the Jews since the beginning of time. Jerusalem is and always has been the Capital of Israel. Period. And the U.N. is just as anti-Semitic. We should kick the U.N. out of the United States, and withdraw from that shameless, globalist body. They do nothing but foment this hatred.
The right or wrong of what Trump has done and/or the criticism of our foreign policy related to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANTI-SEMITISM!

But I knew that sad desperate attempt to change focus in yet another errant direction would come out sooner or later. Yet another good reason to consider where better to spend time, perhaps where backward thinking isn't so prevalent...

Old 12-10-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Well now, the U.S. media will be reporting these and blaming Trump although they were happening on a regular basis before. It's about putting out as much anti-Trump propaganda as possible regardless of what the truth is.
Right. We've got to keep giving Trump cover for his actions or we might have to face the fact that Trump is responsible for his actions. Can't have that! Not as far as his faithful following is concerned anyway...

Ain't going to work for people who know better!

Old 12-10-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
The stale argument that Arabs in this region are anything similar to Native Americans in the U.S. is a desperate and false comparison made by some brain washed liberals. In fact, anyone looking at the situation objectively would see the Jews and Israelis as the underdogs. They are vastly outnumbered and surrounded by hostile people that would like nothing more than to wipe them off the face of the earth.
The Muslims have millions of square miles as their territory. They occupy all of northern Africa and the middle east all the way to Pakistan. In most of this area they won't tolerate Jews or Christians. Israelis have in comparison a tiny spec of land which is historically there homeland. Who's really the underdog here?
Again, please read and consider my further explanation about the nature of the comparison I made, and try to do so without the obvious bias you have toward thinking what you are predisposed to thinking.

In any case, I'm not going to repeat myself, again, to correct your confusion as well...

Old 12-10-2017, 10:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This is important - the Palestinians are totally dependent on the MONEY they get from "aid" - Trump has figured out how to leverage them..
Trump, 'the negotiator' made another deal which will cost US taxpayers a lot of money, and we get absolutely nothing in return, except more anti-US sentiment around the world.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
For much of the Arab world, the only “side of right” has been to wipe Israel off the face of the map.

I am glad that America chose not to be on that side.
There is a great deal to consider well before wiping Israel from the face of the map, but of course pointing to those sentiments always helps to stifle any better reasoned arguments either way. Much like the quick and misguided charges of anti-Semitism, those are the true tired and old Zionist tactics that really don't work so well for those wanting to find a better way forward.

No doubt there are those who have no love for Israel (or America by association), and of course they have their reasons right or wrong, but also no doubt there are many reasons for the hostilities in the region going both ways, going back a long time. The only chance for peace is to avoid these sorts of zero-sum extremes, unilateral aggressiveness, and instead accept the inevitable necessity of give-and-take resolutions that might actually be considered productive and meaningful, for both sides.

Problem is, however, Israel clearly wants to do little in the way of give after so long of take. Their best defense has been a good offense, also for a good long time now. This is the essential problem in the region seemingly forever now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.