Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 06:21 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Roy Moore: Last Time America Was 'Great' Was During 'Slavery'

Answering a question asked of him by an African American. The GOP must be so proud.

I.....I got nothin'. ****ing disgusting.

Though I'm sure Trumpers will find a way to spin this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 06:21 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, 15 is too old for him, he likes them to be 14.
I suspect that part of the reason a lot of Alabama conservatives still support Moore is that they secretly wish they could have relations with a 14 year old girl. It's like the Taliban or the Mormon Polygamists, with their child brides. They actually see nothing wrong with this.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:23 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I suspect that part of the reason a lot of Alabama conservatives still support Moore is that they secretly wish they could have relations with a 14 year old girl. It's like the Taliban or the Mormon Polygamists, with their child brides. They actually see nothing wrong with this.
Yes, I've heard people defend it saying that they have to date young girls because they're pure and marry young girls so that they can have more babies. Unreal.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:25 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Roy Moore: Last Time America Was 'Great' Was During 'Slavery'

Answering a question asked of him by an African American. The GOP must be so proud.

I wonder if that's the time trump thinks of as America last being great was also. I've tried asking that question on this forum of trump voters - when was America last great? - but can never get a straight answer.
I thought America just used the Chinese now like everyone else.

"90% of toys are made in China, which technically makes the Chinese elves"

Old 12-08-2017, 06:37 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
He will be the best weapon that the Democrats can use against the GOP if he is elected. The GOP has enough baggage with an unpopular president here and abroad. Moore is typical of conservatives who want to "go back to a time in America." They are hardly historians and have no frame of reference of the time that they hold dearly in their hearts.

They are elected by constituencies who have been left behind the times and want to get their local backward leaders into national office. Their leaders promise them if elected they will drag the country backwards so they don't have to be reminded of how out of step they are with the pace of the rest of the country.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
I didn't say he said it was great because we had slavery.

Why on earth would anyone reference slavery at all in talking to an African-American about when America was last great?

And yeah, the AA families sure were united then - united until their masters sold off their kids to another slave owner. Come on, really? How obtuse can you be???
You clearly implied that is what he said. What was the point of this thread if that's not what you meant?

Old 12-08-2017, 06:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You clearly implied that is what he said. What was the point of this thread if that's not what you meant?
What made 1845-1855 better than 1945-1955?

Old 12-08-2017, 06:43 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
He was referring to a period in our history---not specifically about slavery. I missed the part where he was telling an African American about this.

Can't convince you, but most people don't wake up every morning and think about slavery. Growing up, I never had slaves, but it's still going on in East Africa and regions of the Middle East.

How about redirecting your anger toward something that's actually happening now, instead of harping about the White boogeyman.
On the bold, the person who asked him was a black man....

Moore was the one who brought up slavery. He was asked by the black man "when was the last time America was great?" And Moore mentioned slavery times lol.

I state all the time, it is usually the white person who brings up slavery. I also found it hilarious that he mentioned it in response to a black man's question as if he thinks of all black people as being slaves or wanting to talk about slavery all the time (many white conservatives IMO do seem to believe that blacks are "hung up" on slavery when it is them who are fascinated with it.)

His comments make me think about the fact that many of them probably wish we were still slaves and how that is our "place."

But honestly I think many in Alabama agree with him and wish blacks were still slaves so their white families could be more "united." It is sad the mental state and fragility of these people. I think they will elect him.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:49 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
He was referring to a period in our history---not specifically about slavery. I missed the part where he was telling an African American about this.

Can't convince you, but most people don't wake up every morning and think about slavery. Growing up, I never had slaves, but it's still going on in East Africa and regions of the Middle East.

How about redirecting your anger toward something that's actually happening now, instead of harping about the White boogeyman.
The funny thing is that it is the Left (they weren't referred to as "Leftists" back then) that was for slavery, and wanted it to be up to the States to decide. Now they use the slavery issue to bludgeon Republicans, who fought to end slavery!

Old 12-08-2017, 06:52 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Conservative Alabamians don't care because they feel the same way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies