Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 06:41 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times

Advertisements

Regardless of which side you are on, there are some very undeniable facts no one can dispute:

1) There are men in this world who use their power and masculinity to abuse and overpower women.

2) There are women who are afraid to come out and do anything about it because of fears of retribution, public ridicule, alienation from their peers, and shame. Many women choose to forget about it, rather than bring it out.

3) Many times, the public turns on these victims and makes them the culprit........either they enticed the man, made something out of nothing, or were doing it for fame or gain.

4) A lot of the time, we take the side of the man because he is a celebrity, rich, or popular. "How could HE do something that vile, he seems like such a nice man and has a family."

I bet, if this were our mother, sister, wife, or daughter, we would not be so easy to judge and criticize her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 06:43 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
......I bet, if this were our mother, sister, wife, or daughter, we would not be so easy to judge and criticize her.
Oh, would they?

If it wasn't rape, my father would probably say, "Stop being so sensitive!".

Old 12-12-2017, 06:44 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
women ARE being heard. If you are referring to 30 years ago, MEN were harassed too and nobody cared either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
No, I don't think this should be the new normal. What should be the new normal is women should be heard when they come out and there should investigations to see if there's any truth to the matter.

What's not normal is for these women to be called liars, shamed, threatened, fired or worse!

What's also NOT normal is for a man, who's been accused of sexual misconduct by no less than 16 women and caught bragging on radio and video about doing it, voted President!

Old 12-12-2017, 06:45 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Oh, would they?

If it wasn't rape, my father would probably say, "Stop being so sensitive!".

I feel sorry for you that you have such an insensitive, uncaring father. I would support my daughter regardless.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:50 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was walking down the sidewalk in a shopping area today. A man I didn't know walked by me and said, "I like your hat!" I smiled and said "Thank you!" He smiled and we both walked on.

I'm confused. Was I sexually harassed? Do I need to find a lawyer? He looked like he was rich.
Was it a Ushanka hat?
https://www.furhatworld.com/russian-hats-c-42_45.html

Old 12-12-2017, 06:55 AM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
The new norm is social media says guilty. So you automatically are.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:01 AM

19,623 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was walking down the sidewalk in a shopping area today. A man I didn't know walked by me and said, "I like your hat!" I smiled and said "Thank you!" He smiled and we both walked on.

I'm confused. Was I sexually harassed? Do I need to find a lawyer? He looked like he was rich.
As long as you were not wearing your hat on your chest; on your head it's just a hat.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
This is now the new normal in America. If someone makes an accusation against you and does it in the public arena then you are automatically assumed guilty. Now it's up to you to prove your innocence.
This is how the Left thinks, anyway. They are the American Taliban. Subscribe to their "religion," or your life is ruined.

You must think like they do. Nothing else is acceptable.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:14 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
if there is an accusation made of sexual assault I'm fine with an investigation taking place IF the accusation could result in criminal charges. Allegations made which cannot result in criminal charges should not be investigated, this would include those exceeding the statute of limitations or those that don't have any physical evidence or eyewitness corroboration.

those are civil cases. Let the accusers pay for redress.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
This is now the new normal in America. If someone makes an accusation against you and does it in the public arena then you are automatically assumed guilty. Now it's up to you to prove your innocence.
Hillary Clinton being a good example of this,With no evidence whatsoever trump calls her a crooked corrupt criminal who should be locked up and as a consequence his cultlike lemmings now think shes the most vile person to ever live, this branding by trump of her character probably cost her the presidency, i think she might have a good case for slander/libel against trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies