Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 06:19 PM

272 posts, read 218,246 times

Advertisements

My opinion is in the title. Pat Buchanan coined the term for it, "cultural war". There are active elements out there, the vast majority either left or Islamic, who are waging a war to destroy America. And one of the most effective way to accomplish that goal is to destroy American traditions and positive aspects of it's culture.

https://twitter.com/miltimore79/stat...25792360255488

Old 12-16-2017, 06:24 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
I don't agree with what the OP wrote but this letter goes too far IMO. What is the U of M?

Old 12-16-2017, 06:30 PM

45,434 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I don't agree with what the OP wrote but this letter goes too far IMO. What is the U of M?
From the Twitter link, University of Minnesota.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:34 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yeh, I'm on the "left" but I don't really even know who Buchanan is. Presumably a religious fanatic nut case or extreme right wing radio host?

I disagree with all the stupid nonsense in that letter, as would most people. If that stuff is so true, then how come I have a Christmas tree? How come, at the grocery store today, all the employees were dressed in red and there were two women in the front of the store festively dressed in red with a young girl dressed in red with white fur, like Mrs Santa Claus? I guess I must have been imagining all the red and green decorations in the store. I even said to the cashier (dressed in Christmas themed clothing) that the store sure did Christmas very well! "We try", he said.

Why is my town always beautified at this time of year with Christmas lights? This stupid letter is from one selected crazy place. That is not what this country is like. And I live in the part of the USA that some rightest extremists would probably think does not like Christmas. Sorry to disappoint you, but you have been lied to.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:38 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,380,584 times
They want government institutions like the University of Michigan to openly endorse their religious beliefs. They don't just want freedom to practice their religion...they feel persecuted if they can't get the government to force it on others.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:41 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yeh, I'm on the "left" but I don't really even know who Buchanan is. Presumably a religious fanatic nut case or extreme right wing radio host?
A religious fanatic from the 1980s. He was a bit more charismatic and easy to listen to compared to Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson but a fanatic nonetheless. He ran for President a few times but didn't get very far.

I'm so tired of hearing about this "War on Christmas." Just go outside this time of year and look around. Christmas lights, trees, decorations everywhere. If you live in the Bible Belt like I do, you see crosses and nativity scenes everywhere, even on government property. What more to the evangelicals want? They are ruining Christmas with this garbage every year.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:50 PM

45,434 posts, read 60,623,477 times
For clarification:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Buchanan

Fairly accomplished even by the exalted standards of some of the posters.

https://townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/

Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM

272 posts, read 218,246 times
Santa, Christmas trees 'not appropriate' for holidays, students told at University event | Fox News

Quote:
Santa Claus, Christmas trees and the colors red and green are examples of inappropriate “religious iconography” during the holiday season, according to a paper distributed during a “Respecting Religious Diversity” event at the University of Minnesota.

"Jewish Hanukkah" is targeted, too, with menorahs and the colors blue and white also described as being "not appropriate."

“Consider neutral-themed parties such as a ‘winter celebration,’” the handout read. “Decorations, music, and food should be general and not specific to any one religion.”
About 10 years ago we had to stop saying happy birthday (as an organization) to people at my work because some people complained that they do not celebrate birthdays and that it was offensive.

I notice most people are fine with being off or being paid for Christmas day. Hmmmmmm.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
A religious fanatic from the 1980s. He was a bit more charismatic and easy to listen to compared to Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson but a fanatic nonetheless. He ran for President a few times but didn't get very far.

I'm so tired of hearing about this "War on Christmas." Just go outside this time of year and look around. Christmas lights, trees, decorations everywhere. If you live in the Bible Belt like I do, you see crosses and nativity scenes everywhere, even on government property. What more to the evangelicals want? They are ruining Christmas with this garbage every year.
Well they wanted Roy Moore for Christmas !

Old 12-16-2017, 06:54 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
My opinion is in the title. Pat Buchanan coined the term for it, "cultural war". There are active elements out there, the vast majority either left or Islamic, who are waging a war to destroy America. And one of the most effective way to accomplish that goal is to destroy American traditions and positive aspects of it's culture.

https://twitter.com/miltimore79/stat...25792360255488
No duh! Why do you think they turned the NFL into a SJW activist group and did the same thing to Star Wars, also now having killed off two major of the OT characters while replacing them with SJW characters?

It's their goal to first attack institutions of our culture, then start to take them over and use them to push their agenda, then they start cleansing all the good stuff from it and replacing it with the Commie/NWO stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies