Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 01:05 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I got news for ya. 20 years ago my Fortune 500 Company was sending these out to managers when it came to arranging 'Holiday Parties' for their employees.

And we all know that Democrats run all the Fortune 500 Companies.
Clearly Fortune 500 companies are not liberal entities. I also am not surprised that you saw those types of politically correct directives 20 years ago. During Clinton’s 90s the SJW movement was being developed and really getting started. So if big corporations are republican Then how has political correctness infiltrated corporate America so thoroughly? The answer is simple....lawsuits and hippie boycotts.

Liberals have always been good at making society do what it does not want too by usurping democracy through the use of courts and lawsuits. Legal issues are expensive and they cut into corporate profits. Corporations yield to liberal groups to avoid legal trouble or expensive boycotting. The corporations agree to SJW approved HR policies and propeganda forced upon its employees in exchange for freedom from thier lawsuits. Employees often mock these policies and hate them but crossing them will cost your job. Liberals have found a way to beat and silence conservatives through employers. Today even after hours conservative activities or politically incorrect behavior can cost your job. The left has imposed its social attitudes on us in an Orwellian way not through government alone but also through employers. Clearly conservative people are more likely to value employment so this effort to bring PC through corporate America is nothing short of a plot by liberals to silence the first amendment rights of conservatives in a way that is unfortunately legal.

What needs to be done to stop this? First conservatives can use boycotting too. Target has suffered greatly for its liberal policies on perverts in its bathrooms and the way they have forced it on its customers and employees. The boycott has been successful in hurting the companies profits and has caused declines in its stock prices. They have not yielded and are standing by PC policies but the pressure on them continues. If the boycott does force them to yield it could be a model used to challenge the worst offenders regarding PC being forced in the workplace.

New state laws could be passed at least in the red states to make it illegal for companies to fire or discipline employees for expressing political opinions outside of work or for politically incorrect statements, jokes or comments on social media. This would take the wind out of the sails of SJW types looking to impose PC on the world. Other laws could also ban employers from promoting social issues or political beliefs to employees who are on the clock. Some would say this is a violation of the rights of employers but many would secretly welcome it for it would free them from all these groups threatening them with boycotts and lawsuits over these social issues. It would allow them to get back to thier core business and let them go back to ignoring the liberal special interest groups.

Liberal SJW are irritating little people who have gained far more influence in our society than they deserve. Most people hate them. It’s easy to argue that much of the reason Trump is president has to do with a backlash against the politically correct society. We are right to hate the imposition of political correctness upon us, nothing could be more un-Americann than political correctness. It is literally the squashing of our constitutional first amendment rights. Left wingers have been very smart and crafty about how they have forced it upon us but it is time for the majority to stand up for its rights against this. The idea they can stop Christmas parties for fear of offending people is so ridiculous it sounds like a joke, BUT it is our 2017 reality.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Respecting other people and their religious beliefs is not a "war on Christmas." Only whiners would think so.

What I don't understand is how it's DIS-respecting someone's religion or belief to recognize or celebrate Christmas? Having a Christmas party doesn't DIS-respect anyone else's religion.

You are being just as much of a WHINING, PATHETIC BABY if you live in a majority-Christian country and complain about Christmas being celebrated. Oh no! The horror of seeing some red and green garland! What an attack on your personhood! It'd be like moving to Israel or any of the Muslim countries and then feeling "disrespected" because the majority there wants to celebrate the prevailing holidays.

Unless they are MAKING you worship another deity.... or forbidding you to worship and display your own religious mumbo-jumbo, etc.... then shut up, sit down and enjoy the damned season. You aren't being "excluded"... in fact, you are being explicitly INCLUDED in the season festivities when you are invited to secular Christmas celebrations.

(And yes, there's a huge difference between secular and religious Christmas. I don't believe in virgin birth and such, for example, but I still celebrate Christmas).

Old 12-18-2017, 02:41 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Yep, seen a bunch of right-wing troublemakers online whining about how "SJW" ruined Star Wars. Their excuse is "the new characters are shallow, and since they are female and black, it's the fault of liberals." OK, maybe they are shallow...
Unlike the amazingly deep and complex characters in the original trilogy, like - ehm - which ones were those, again?

Old 12-18-2017, 02:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Conservatives ought to be more concerned about putting Christ back in Christian than Christ back in Christmas.
No kidding.

BTW, 60 years ago, when I was a kid, Christians thought businesses celebrating Christmas by urging consumerist orgies were convinced that was a war on Christmas. By that standard, Christmas lost long ago.

I think they were right. And I'm an atheist.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:12 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Unlike the amazingly deep and complex characters in the original trilogy, like - ehm - which ones were those, again?
Deduct points if anyone says JarJar Binks.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:22 PM

1,087 posts, read 783,054 times
A short history of religion: Jews in the Mideast invented 3 religions, Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Christianity spreaded to Europe and took up root among Europeans.

Islam for example, is eternal enemy of Christianity. African race and Native American race (and Mexicans) are eternal enemies of Europeans.

In a nation bitterly divided by politicians, there are wars over race and religious differences.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What I don't understand is how it's DIS-respecting someone's religion or belief to recognize or celebrate Christmas? Having a Christmas party doesn't DIS-respect anyone else's religion.

Having a Christmas party in the office when people in your office aren't Christians DIS-respects those individuals. Are you having a Christmas party and a Hanukkah party and a Kwanzaa party and a Winter Solstice party and...so on? If not, the Christmas party excludes those who don't celebrate Christmas. Management doesn't want people to feel excluded. They want everyone to be included in the holidays. And this memo explicitly states that individuals can decorate their offices and work stations according to their traditions, as long as the work station is a personal space.

Having respect for others is something Jesus would do. So sad that so many Christians have difficulty grasping this.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:33 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,183,676 times
I don't know how conservatives walk around. What with their panties in a bunch over every little thing that has no affect whatsoever on their lives.

Anyone care to be my plus one to my office holiday party in January? Dish choices include, beef, chicken, salmon, pasta, Halal beef and halal chicken. Sorry, no figgy pudding. It's been banned .

Or to my kids' "winter sing" in January?

Old 12-18-2017, 03:33 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,883,450 times
Question ,,,,,,Reading here I keep seeing about the Right Wing. Where or who is the Left wing ?

Old 12-18-2017, 03:45 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Question ,,,,,,Reading here I keep seeing about the Right Wing. Where or who is the Left wing ?
The left wing is probably all the rest of us who don't read the National Enquirer or listen to right wing brainwashing talk radio. Many of us go to church, many don't. Most of us celebrate Christmas with decorations, gifts, family and friends, and all kinds of festive foods. Many go to church on Christmas eve for a candlelight service.

Most of us would like the right wing extremists to stop ruining Christmas by bringing this fake news up every.single.year. Give it a rest! Let's keep enjoying Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies