Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 06:21 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
No. It is NOT DIS-respecting any other people's beliefs. If I'm vegan and my office serves meatballs at a company picnic, they are not DISRESPECTING my beliefs by having meat barbecue.

If I, who am not a Jewish person, would not be having MY beliefs DIS-respected if my office (whichis heavily Jewish) decided to throw a Hanukkah party.

Unless I am EXCLUDED from the celebrations because I am not Jewish, or if I'm having my beliefs ACTUALLY disrespected by the display of Judaica, I'd rightfully be called a whiny, petulant little ****-ant by getting upset that my office is throwing a party to celebrate what a majority (or large) portion of the office celebrates.

Something like NINETY TWO PERCENT of Americans celebrate Christmas.... not all of them are Christians. It is a cultural holiday at this point, and atheists such as myself celebrate it.

Now, if you're part of those religious sects who think you're betraying your sky daddy by enjoying another culture's religious or cultural traditions..... then you're ALSO a whiny little ***** and need to get over yourself.
Well said!

Old 12-19-2017, 06:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The holiday IS CHRISTmas.

They CHOSE to have a CHRISTmas party.

If you do not WANT to attend the party, DON'T. It is THAT easy.

It is NOT mandatory to attend.

Many companies have summer picnics.

If you do NOT want to go you don't have to.

How many CHRISTmas presents have to NOT taken?

It's really YULE but carry on.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:24 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
What deity is being honored at a summer picnic??
Who cares?

What part of a "CHRISTmas party" do you NOT understand?

Old 12-19-2017, 06:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
I don't know how liberals walk around. What with their panties in a bunch over every little thing that has no affect whatsoever on their lives.

Like seeing a statue, a flag, a cross, a word, a picture, etc., etc., etc.

It is NOT conservatives that had to go to their "safe" places with their crayons and Play DO and seek out therapy help.

Oh, the eternal hypocrisy of the left!
SOMEone is not in the holiday spirit.

Deck the halls, etc...

Old 12-19-2017, 06:29 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times

What I find ammussing about these CHRISTmas parties of they have NOTHING to do with Christ it's more about getting drunk and hitting on the even drunker women.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
There is no war on Christmas.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
What I find ammussing about these CHRISTmas parties of they have NOTHING to do with Christ it's more about getting drunk and hitting on the even drunker women.
If they have nothing to do with Christ then people need to stop being a bunch of whiny ass ******* and just enjoy the holiday cheer and get drunk.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:

We are talking about office parties. Not parties in people's homes. In the office. Probably paid for by the office. The office is telling people they can have a party, but not a Christmas party. They cannot CHOOSE to have a Christmas party. Get over it.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:46 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,517 times
Quote:

Quote:
Who cares?

What part of a "CHRISTmas party" do you NOT understand?
Well, those companies may need to CHOOSE to have a "HOLIDAY" party instead of a CHRISTmas party because if they have people who work at their company that may be offended that the don't have a HANUKKAH party, a KWANZAA party, a WINTER SOLSTICE party, a party for Ludwig van Beethoven or the Wright Brothers (Dec 17), or any other reason for that matter, they may be in for a lawsuit.

And although It is NOT mandatory to attend, and here is the whole crux of the issue. People may ask what their company is going to for their specific religious holiday or what compensation will they receive since the company chose to have a party for CHRISTmas, but did not have a party for anyone else's holiday observances.

See how that goes? People who celebrate CHRISTmas and had a company sponsored party received a company provided benefit over those who don't celebrate CHRISTmas and receive the same treatment, just because of their religious beliefs. This is why companies have "HOLIDAY" parties and not CHRISTmas parties.

And smart businesses that sell goods and services to the general public say "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" instead of "MERRY CHRISTmas" because they don't want to offend any of their customers by assuming they celebrate CHRISTmas and not some other, or no religion.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Well, those companies may need to CHOOSE to have a "HOLIDAY" party instead of a CHRISTmas party because if they have people who work at their company that may be offended that the don't have a HANUKKAH party, a KWANZAA party, a WINTER SOLSTICE party, a party for Ludwig van Beethoven or the Wright Brothers (Dec 17), or any other reason for that matter, they may be in for a lawsuit.

And although It is NOT mandatory to attend, and here is the whole crux of the issue. People may ask what their company is going to for their specific religious holiday or what compensation will they receive since the company chose to have a party for CHRISTmas, but did not have a party for anyone else's holiday observances.

See how that goes? People who celebrate CHRISTmas and had a company sponsored party received a company provided benefit over those who don't celebrate CHRISTmas and receive the same treatment, just because of their religious beliefs. This is why companies have "HOLIDAY" parties and not CHRISTmas parties.

And smart businesses that sell goods and services to the general public say "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" instead of "MERRY CHRISTmas" because they don't want to offend any of their customers by assuming they celebrate CHRISTmas and not some other, or no religion.

And so in the end, we can all agree that "avoidance of OFFENSE" is the goal. Because Americans have become a bunch of soft ******* OFFENDED by everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies