Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 04:23 PM

319 posts, read 199,316 times

Advertisements

Chris Christie sat down with Nicolle Wallace on her show today. They went back-and-forth on several topics.

Chris Christie on Mueller: "Bob Mueller is a good man who I think will try to do the right thing by this investigation but that doesn't mean he's perfect... He's made some mistakes but it doesn't mean it impugns the investigation's credibility"

on Mike Pence: Mike Pence “involved in anything he wants to be.”

on Jared Kushner: Jared Kushner deserves law enforcement scrutiny "because he was involved in meetings that call into question his role."

on Jeff Sessions: Jeff Sessions not “generally” very forgetful

on Michael Flynn: "One thing I'm confident of is we have no idea what Mike Flynn is talking about, what he's cooperating on and when he started to cooperate ... he's been cooperating for A WHILE"

on his own involvement re: Russia: "I was at two (FBI) briefings (w/ Trump campaign). I don't recall that (warnings about Russians) ever came up"

Watch video

Old 12-19-2017, 04:27 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Thanks, will have to check it out. I heard it was a good interview.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
Chris Christie sat down with Nicolle Wallace on her show today. They went back-and-forth on several topics.

Chris Christie on Mueller: "Bob Mueller is a good man who I think will try to do the right thing by this investigation but that doesn't mean he's perfect... He's made some mistakes but it doesn't mean it impugns the investigation's credibility"

on Mike Pence: Mike Pence “involved in anything he wants to be.”

on Jared Kushner: Jared Kushner deserves law enforcement scrutiny "because he was involved in meetings that call into question his role."

on Jeff Sessions: Jeff Sessions not “generally” very forgetful

on Michael Flynn: "One thing I'm confident of is we have no idea what Mike Flynn is talking about, what he's cooperating on and when he started to cooperate ... he's been cooperating for A WHILE"

on his own involvement re: Russia: "I was at two (FBI) briefings (w/ Trump campaign). I don't recall that (warnings about Russians) ever came up"

Watch video
Have to give Christie credit here - he's coming across as very reasonable and making a lot of sense.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:34 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Have to give Christie credit here - he's coming across as very reasonable and making a lot of sense.
That must be why Trump kicked him to the curb.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:38 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times
Too bad Christie made his ego get the better of himself or he may have been sitting in the Oval Office today. Hs fate should serve as a lesson to all to keep their egos and attitudes in check.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:08 PM

319 posts, read 199,316 times
Jared Kushner wanted Christie out.

Now Christie's saying Kushner needs to be investigated by Mueller.

I see what you did there.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:13 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
This was actually a good interview. Christie put a dose of reality on both sides. He was very reasonable about Mueller, perhaps adding Strozyk to the team was not a good idea but he clearly points out that it simply does not rise to the level of completely tainting the investigation. I loved the way he pointed out that pundits attacking the FBI as some deep state cabal and the talk of a coup is simply ignorance. I agree, it's plumb ingnorant. I think alot of people on the left are freaking out about the revving up of the right wing noise machine and possibly laying the foundation to fire Mueller. I don't see that happening, they are simply playing the ref and trying to assuage their base. I see it continuing through the rest of the investigation. There is a huge difference in a few carnival barkers spewing conspiracy theories and an actual report from a federal investigative body. Keep this in mind Mueller will only bring indictments if he has a high degree of confidence he can get a conviction in a court of law. That means he will be presenting hard facts to make his case. That will splash water on the blowhards. I always like to us the analogy that the right wing noise machine equates to pundits and politicians standing in place doing jujitsu moves and karate chops while Mueller is standing 20 feet away holding a loaded 45 in has hand waiting for the right time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies