Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 08:53 AM

17,536 posts, read 9,343,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
How are Dems soft on Terrorism? It was Obama that got Bin Laden...you know that man that actually attacked us on 9/11...even though Bush went after Iraq.
Actually no - it was over 10 years of intelligence work and tracking down every lead (the lead that finally found bin Laden came from GITMO prisoners) and a group of Special Operatives with the help of a Pakistani Doctor - "that got bin Laden") ..... just in time for the 2012 election season. Obama gets credit for not putting the VETO on the operation - they knew for a YEAR where he was and Obama finally gave them an OK.

Many of the Special Operatives on this mission later died in odd "accidents" and the Doctor who set up bin Laden is probably either in prison or possibly executed by now. He was totally abandoned by both the White House and the US State Department after he did his part. Last word of him is from 2015.

US Congressman to Obama: Don't abandon doctor who helped CIA

But on to more current events - Obama refused to go after ISIS & called them "Junior Varsity." He refused to allow the extradition and prosecution of Hezbollah Terrorists because he didn't want to "offend" Iran. I consider Chemical Warfare on civilians an Act of Terror ..... Obama didn't and allowed Syria to continue the slaughter of their own people. I would say the Obama Record on Terrorism is pretty poor.

The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook -
An ambitious U.S. task force targeting Hezbollah's billion-dollar criminal enterprise ran headlong into the White House's desire for a nuclear deal with Iran.
|Politico - December 2017

PART I
A GLOBAL THREAT EMERGES
How Hezbollah turned to trafficking cocaine and laundering money through used cars to finance its expansion.
Hezbollah joined with Mexican Cartels to flood the USA with Cocaine.

PART II
Everywhere and Nowhere
From its headquarters in the Middle East, Hezbollah extends its criminal reach to Latin America, Africa and the United States.

PART III
A battle against enemies far and near
As negotiations for the Iran nuclear deal intensify, the administration pushes back against Project Cassandra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 08:54 AM

26,120 posts, read 22,310,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
That's a lie. The polls weren't that far off and Hillary did win the popular vote. I am sure you knew that though. The only thing that didn't go as planned on election night was the Rust Belt, which Trump only won by a razor-thin margin.
Hillary lost. No ribbon for 2nd place. Get over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
As a registered Republican who voted for Obama (twice) I think Trump is doing just fine, minus his wild tweets. There isn't one established Democrat I would vote for today. Not to say I wouldn't vote for one in the far future.
I think many people fall into this category. ^^^ The Democratic Party is in a shambles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I would say she won California overwhelmingly. Outside of California, Trump had her beat by almost 1.5 million more votes. But all this spilled milk; the popular vote is really meaningless in a electoral Presidential election.
That they continue to cling to her winning CA........

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I voted and campaigned for Trump because of his policies, not his party. I liked the fact that he wasn't a career politician. I never vote for a political party and have switched mine several times in my lifetime. People who vote a straight ticket are too lazy to think for themselves.
I agree 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think this is one of the best posts I have read on C-D. Well said. Yes Republicans are not really much better, and Trump is fighting them also. Thanks for a very well written, and expressed post that speaks both from he heart, and the brain.
I also thought it was one of or the most awesome posts and on target posts I have ever read on C-D, although most will not read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
So why don't the folks in places like CA count?
Because it takes more than one state to determine the election of a POTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is very difficult to support a political party that is pro- illegal immigration and soft on terrorism.

Even if some of their positions on other issues are legitimate.
Exactly! Ignoring two of the biggest issues that are negatively affecting our country didn't bode well with voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
No, more like, the U.S. military finally found and got bin Laden (after almost a decade of searching that started under Bush) but since it happened under Obama’s watch, he got the credit.

Obama was afraid to even mention the words “fundamental islamic terrorism” for fear of being politically incorrect for chrissakes.
You got it! Though, at least Obama didn't demand the military "stand down" with Bin Laden like he did with ICE and illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When will Trump fans stop deflecting every time the lack of popularity/approval of this President come sup.

This isn't about past administrations, this is most definitely is NOT a Democrat vs. Republican thing, this is not about Clinton, Obama, health care.

This President -- for whatever reason is the most disliked President EVER.
Actually, the poll being cited at 36% is exactly about that: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...p-2020-n831266 and it is being discussed in another thread. I believe 91 people, no breakdown of the party they belonged to, only like 83 were registered voters, a bunch of horse poop to try to help pacify those still reeling from the election of 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I voted for Trump and there is nothing at this point to make me regret that decision.

However, my first choice was Democrat Jim Webb.
I voted for Trump also. I listened to the debate when Jim Webb was involved and was quite impressed. Being a former Democrat, I felt he best represented the party I USED TO support. Of course, we came to realize that he never had a chance from the get-go with the nomination already in place before the debates began.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I totally agree with this. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as the Dem Party can produce a candidate that doesn't promote class warfare, doesn't race bait and doesn't promote and help illegals, I would consider voting for that candidate. I don't see that happening in the near future.
With the party in a shambles, I don't think we will see it any time soon. Any candidate brought up in the elections forum isn't even popular with all or most of the Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Under any circumstances?

I would vote for a democrat that wanted to lower taxes, cut spending, and be tough on crime.

Socially, I am very liberal. I just think that the issues above are more important than social issues, and definitely more important than personality.

So, find me a democrat that wants to do those things, and my vote is theirs.
I think many agree with this, and thus the decline of the Democratic Party. I don't know what is wrong with them promoting social issues over terrorism, huge debt, job loss........... Social issues are important, but if the country goes down the toilet.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Those I know personally who still support him seem to be doing so because they are so relieved Hillary isn't in office, and, in the words of one particular friend I debated, "he promises to bring jobs to America and that will fix this economy, which the Democrats haven't been able to do."
No words could ever express my relief in hearing that Hillary had lost. One of the best moments of my entire 6 decades on earth!

I can't vote for a candidate that is a globalist ever though, so all candidates have to be looked at on an individual basis - explore their roots.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-26-2017 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 12-20-2017, 08:54 AM

17,034 posts, read 12,653,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Fake polls, like the ones that claimed Hillary is winning by a huge margin.
BS.

I know a fair number of Trump voters. All but one are less satisfied with him. All but one of them want his dumb butt off Twitter. NONE would change their vote. Hillary was just too awful.

Invert the situation and the lowest Hillary could go is a similar number. Its simple party preference.

People look at the AL race all wrong and need to look at it
NOT from the standpoint that Jones won.
FROM the standpoint that AL came within 25000 votes of sending a child molester to the Senate.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:55 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,279,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Who cares? Last I checked, 36% was a minority. And it's a minority that's only going to get smaller due to demographic change.
The kind of demographic change the evil Democrats are trying their best to usher in, to their own benefit of course.

But tell you what, as soon as the minorities, i.e. immigrants, blacks and Latinos move up in the socioeconomic ladder, the Republican platforms, i.e. lower taxes, border security, less government, etc. resonates more with them.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:57 AM

32,195 posts, read 34,911,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The kind of demographic change the evil Democrats are trying their best to usher in, to their own benefit of course.
It's already here whether you like it or not. As Silents and Boomers die off, Xers and Millennials will become a larger share of the electorate, and those demographic cohorts will be more diverse than the ones they are replacing.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:03 AM

3,005 posts, read 1,506,168 times
Trump is still less dangerous than war hawk Clinton or any other candidate the DNC or RNC would push. That's why I don't support impeachment. It's a long way down the bench to a competent anything.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:05 AM

18,761 posts, read 11,846,012 times
Well, one has to look at the Alabama election and the republican senators that endorsed Jones. Fanatics will be fanatics, and lets hope they fade back into the wood work.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:07 AM

25,899 posts, read 16,621,443 times
Stop posting fake numbers put out by the fake news media. The vast majority of Americans support Trump. Many privately. Just wait till these tax cuts turbo charge the economy

Old 12-20-2017, 10:39 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,812,534 times
I'd rather vote for a Republican and risk being disappointed than vote for a Democrat and know I will be.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,616,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I voted and campaigned for Trump because of his policies, not his party. I liked the fact that he wasn't a career politician. I never vote for a political party and have switched mine several times in my lifetime. People who vote a straight ticket are too lazy to think for themselves.
What policies did he present? Other than health care was going to be easy and repealed on DAY ONE and everyone was going to be covered. Let's see - he was going to name China a currency ma nipulator - didn't happen. He caved to them immediately. He was going to get rid of the loopholes for hedge fund managers - they just got more money than ever. We're still running guns to Saudi and he curtseyed to the ring; the wall never gets mentioned anymore and Mexico isn't going to pay for it.

The man was truly a policy genius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies