Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2017, 12:22 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This bill will kill me, and millions of others, with new taxes, but I thought that at least it will send the stock market higher, but the market has been down every day since the passage of the bill.
Um... yeah... because it's NOT a tax cut for the rich. It benefits the WORKING class. What is it going to take for the brainwashed lefties to GET that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 01:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Um... yeah... because it's NOT a tax cut for the rich. It benefits the WORKING class. What is it going to take for the brainwashed lefties to GET that?
I am not rich, but I am going to get hammered with a tax hike.

So, you are saying a corporate tax cut will NOT benefit corporations, and will NOT benefit the stock market?

You also seem to be saying the stock market is driven only by the rich?

I think you need to check with your handler about the talking points.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Hmmm.....

"As Congress moved the tax bill forward, investors pulled the highest amount out of equities funds in more than three years"

"U.S. value funds had outflows of $7.8 billion and small caps lost $5.8 billion, both the largest on record."

Old 12-22-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not rich, but I am going to get hammered with a tax hike.

So, you are saying a corporate tax cut will NOT benefit corporations, and will NOT benefit the stock market?
It will, but guess WHO benefits while simultaneously getting a tax cut? Not the rich. It's THESE people:

Info on WHO gets corporate profits and WHO benefits when corporations prosper

Quote:
You also seem to be saying the stock market is driven only by the rich?
Nope. I said the stock market's volume, velocity, and stock prices are driven by the quants. Read my post about the quants.

The Quants: Meet the Kings of Wall Street

I'm going to guess you're liberal arts, not STEM.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:25 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
This wasn't passing without come concessions to the middle class, stop avoiding the obvious benefits to the wealthy. Even Mitch McConnell admitted he needed to satisfy his donors, why can't you.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This wasn't passing without come concessions to the middle class, stop avoiding the obvious benefits to the wealthy. Even Mitch McConnell admitted he needed to satisfy his donors, why can't you.
Watch the stock market. If the tax bill benefitted the rich instead of the working class, the stock market would have soared after it passed. It hasn't.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:53 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Watch the stock market. If the tax bill benefitted the rich instead of the working class, the stock market would have soared after it passed. It hasn't.
Wondering why your 'Quants' are apparently worried?

Quote:
“It’s a Ponzi scheme,” a Wall Street executive told me, dismissing the idea that a multi-trillion dollar tax cut for multinational corporations would trickle down throughout the economy and also pay for itself. It’s a view that’s widely shared among the bankers, hedge-fund managers, traders, and quants whose job it is to determine, with Vulcan accuracy, how the Republican tax bill that passed the House yesterday will actually affect the markets. It’s also more than a little ironic, given that the plan was spearheaded by two former senior partners of Goldman Sachs turned Trump shills—Gary Cohn and Steve Mnuchin—a pedigree that has done little to reassure Wall Street veterans who worry that the White House may accidentally nuke the economy in the name of “tax reform.” “Will this be the first tax cut in American history that actually results in a recession?” the executive asked.

It's a good question. ...
“IT’S A PONZI SCHEME”: WALL STREET FEARS TRUMP’S DERANGED TAX PLAN COULD KICK OFF ECONOMIC EUTHANASIA

Wall Street vets say an attack on blue states could start a chain reaction in the housing market. “Will this be the first tax cut in American history that actually results in a recession?”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...mic-euthanasia

Old 12-23-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Wondering why your 'Quants' are apparently worried?
Not my quants. Wall Street firms' and huge state pension plans' quants. Why are they worried? The new tax law DOESN'T benefit the rich. It's for the working class.

Quote:
“IT’S A PONZI SCHEME”: WALL STREET FEARS TRUMP’S DERANGED TAX PLAN COULD KICK OFF ECONOMIC EUTHANASIA

Wall Street vets say an attack on blue states could start a chain reaction in the housing market. “Will this be the first tax cut in American history that actually results in a recession?”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...mic-euthanasia
That's a problem of blue states taxing TOO much. Blue states can change that huge mistake for the better, if they wish.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:34 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
I imagine that the recent soaring gains in the stock market were in anticipation of the coming tax reform bill. If one wishes to profit in the market, one buys ahead of such events, not after the anticipated event happens.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I imagine that the recent soaring gains in the stock market were in anticipation of the coming tax reform bill. If one wishes to profit in the market, one buys ahead of such events, not after the anticipated event happens.
While that's generally true, if this were a huge tax cut for the rich, they'd anticipate the savings and invest even more.

It's the working class that will benefit from this tax law, NOT the rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies