Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 01:32 PM

57,320 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

The OP decided its a liberal propaganda film when it hasn't even had a pre-screening, yes Spielberg really has an agenda. Its always a good idea to know what you're talking about before you offer an opinion.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Cool Are you excited for the new lib propaganda film The Post?

You bet!

I recall the Pentagon Papers scandal well. It was during my college years.

Great cast; Hanks, Streep, Odenkirk.

Should be a good one.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:49 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Sounds like the ones that need a safe space are the Trumpers.
Agreed. Their whole agenda is about snowflakes and safe spaces. They want their traitor statues protected - Confederate snowflakes - and they want a nation free from anyone who's different from them... just a warped form of safe spaces.

As for the movie, who needs it? Trumps actions and years of documented sleaze should be enough to discourage anyone from either voting for him or trusting him with their retirement fund, house, wife, or nation. And for those who don't get it, no amount of reality will help them.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:53 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Obama was the one who had declared war on the free press. Trump's grumblings about the press is nothing compared to what the Obama admin had done.
Well, now.

That's just...

Old 12-22-2017, 02:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The Post will be a typical fictional Hollywood movie created for entertainment not for facts. It will be typical in the way that if a 'fact' does not make the story flow the fact will be altered or omitted.

Will those on the left be able to realize that this is just another movie made for entertainment?

Obama was the one who had declared war on the free press. Trump's grumblings about the press is nothing compared to what the Obama admin had done.

"If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama"
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/o...ank-obama.html
Um, right.

Meanwhile in the real world - Defendants Cleared of Charges in Inauguration Day Arrests

Old 12-22-2017, 04:48 PM

23,633 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Um, right.

Meanwhile in the real world - Defendants Cleared of Charges in Inauguration Day Arrests
Meh. Obama badmouthed some of the press. Why do you think his minions continue to deride most of the right-wing press, especially Fox? Obama had led the way in that, and more.

Obama did far more than just bad mouth the press, he had the Justice Department and FBI spy on them and he prosecuted a large number of them, he won a court case proving that there is no "reporter's privilege", etc . The one who wrote the story that I'd linked to worked for the NYTs and was under the threat of prison for 7 very long years.

Obama is the one who took away reporters rights and set that stage, for Trump and every future president, to go after the press.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:53 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
I won't see this movie in the theater, but perhaps when it is free on cable I'll watch. we enjoy going to movies at the theater, but I won't pay $30 to see a movie when the stars have gone out of their way numerous times to insult the president.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:05 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Good grief, do you people really think someone could come up with an idea, write a script, find production, directors, actors, film, promote, and then release along with everything else that goes into making a movie within the time Trump has been President? This has been in the works for a while.

It seems it hits a little too close to home for some...

You might want to go back and read the OP. In addition, Spielberg has said in multiple interviews that this film HAD to be made this year, and wanted assurances that it would be. He and Streep, whose popularity is plummeting in the midst of her "playing dumb" with respect to Pervy Weinstein, have both acknowledged the parallels the movie is drawing between the early 70s and 2017.

Just what the world needs. Tom Hanks, who had to learn about the Pentagon Papers, and hypocrite hag Meryl Streep, preaching to moviegoers about politics.

It'll be another flop.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:23 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Most Trumpers would rather watch “Birth of a Nation” and reminisce about the “good ole days”.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:38 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It will win awards and will be one of the most talked about and promoted films in America for a while.

But I won't be seeing it.
In the first place Tom Hanks announced that he would turn down a trip to The White House. F.U., Tom.
In the second place it is a transparent attempt to assist Jeff Bezos, who paid 250 million for WaPo, to get a return on his money. Running a decent reporting machine evidently never occurred to him.
Meryl Streep is in it. Not for me. I predict it will be as big at the box office as Ishtar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies