Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 07:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There is a lot of discrimination against Asians. Just look at college admissions.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/fe...ply-14180.html

However, isn't there negative stereotype against dominant Americans the world over?
Asians suffer MASSIVE discrimination in the workplace when it comes to promotions. Of course, the people that are quick to bring up anti-Asian practices in college admissions don’t like talking about anti-Asian workplace discrimination.

And that’s all I’ll say on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 07:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
There is a lot of discrimination against Asians. Just look at college admissions.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/fe...ply-14180.html

However, isn't there negative stereotype against dominant Americans the world over?
Asians, on average, don't do that much better than whites on the SAT.

But Asians are over-represented relative to their percentage of the population at elite universities, while whites are under-represented.

A typical elite university will have an entering class that is 25% Asian and 35% white.

But Asians are only 5% of the population, while whites are 62%

The only group that is being seriously discriminated against is whites.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Asians suffer MASSIVE discrimination in the workplace when it comes to promotions. Of course, the people that are quick to bring up anti-Asian practices in college admissions don’t like talking about anti-Asian workplace discrimination.

And that’s all I’ll say on that.
What are you talking about?

Asians have the highest average incomes, except for Jews.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,894,159 times
Dominant or pushy bullying behavior? No one likes a micro-manager, a bully or a condescending leader. I have worked for a few (East Asians). Most were good bosses. Some were pushy, micro-managing jerks. No one likes such a leader. That type of leader also tends to be a two faced jerk, that always seems to know who to blame as long as it isn't themselves..... I don't care where they come from that sheet doesn't fly well with anyone. Their bosses will see it too.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:09 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,321,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Dominant or pushy bullying behavior? No one likes a micro-manager, a bully or a condescending leader. I have worked for a few (East Asians). Most were good bosses. Some were pushy, micro-managing jerks. No one likes such a leader. That type of leader also tends to be a two faced jerk, that always seems to know who to blame as long as it isn't themselves..... I don't care where they come from that sheet doesn't fly well with anyone. Their bosses will see it too.
I've encountered only one Chinese person in management during my career and he was widely reviled. He was an ass, to be honest. He'd have been an ass regardless of his ethnicity or nation of origin. I had a Korean boss at one company...he was pretty awful too, but I wouldn't assume that east Asian people make bad managers because of that.

I've worked with plenty of east Asian people and I wouldn't say there was any one dominant personality type. Some were quiet and reserved, others were mouthy and pushy.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
What are you talking about?

Asians have the highest average incomes, except for Jews.
Asians do not have the highest average incomes when one main factor is considered...Asians are almost COMPLETELY urban (and so are Jews BTW). And if I’m not mistaken in fact, they’re the most urbanized group in the United States.

If they were as widely dispersed as every other racial group, the income difference would be far smaller, and they certainly wouldn’t outearn whites.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:10 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,290,576 times
What's an east asian? Japanese? Filipino?

Old 12-29-2017, 08:11 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,983,567 times
This thread created by Donald Trump.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Asians do not have the highest average incomes when one main factor is considered...Asians are almost COMPLETELY urban (and so are Jews BTW). And if I’m not mistaken in fact, they’re the most urbanized group in the United States.

If they were as widely dispersed as every other racial group, the income difference would be far smaller, and they certainly wouldn’t outearn whites.
Huh?

You make no sense.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Huh?

You make no sense.
Seriously dude?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies