Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 07:02 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
History is clear about the tribalism of European powers in their support of France’s extortion of reparations for the loss of its slave colony AND the corruption of Haitian elite.
There was no tribalism among European powers. Thats laughable. Thats called strategic power struggles which forced the elites in Europe to give up a large amount of their power and status to challengers (the people) in order to build a stronger economy/military. European powers would destroy each other whenever strategically threatened. The elites simply do NOT care about skin colors like you do.

The biggest threat for the Haitian elite is the Haitian people. If the Haitian elite felt that a foreign threat was the biggest threat, they would actually open up for reform and progress and give the people a better life in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 07:03 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I have never assumed you were Haitian. Why would I? Didnt you state that you were from some other country very early in this thread? It doesnt matter where you are from. You feel skin color tribalism, just like some of the other posters in this thread who applaud terrorism against random innocent Europeans. And no, taxpayers are not obliged to give their wages to some corrupt entity in Haiti. Its very convenient for the corrupt elites that hold your nations back. Just blame the foreigners.
Admit it. You conveniently ignored the fact that I placed blame on France, the supporting superpowers AND the Haiti elite. You’re still ignoring it because of your own tribal behavior.

No one is applauding terrorism again innocent Europeans. The point is that the actions of European elites over time is part of the reason these terrorists have no respect for Europeans. It is also convenient to ignore the skin color tribalism of Europeans. The hypocrisy is evident.

Haitians should never been forced to pay the French either.

Yes you and dechalelet assumes I am Haitian. I never said I live in another country either. I said I live in the Caribbean.

I’m American.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Admit it. You conveniently ignored the fact that I placed blame on France, the supporting superpowers AND the Haiti elite. You’re still ignoring it because of your own tribal behavior.

No one is applauding terrorism again innocent Europeans. The point is that the actions of European elites over time is part of the reason these terrorists have no respect for Europeans. It is also convenient to ignore the skin color tribalism of Europeans. The hypocrisy is evident.

Haitians should never been forced to pay the French either.

Yes you and dechalelet assumes I am Haitian. I never said I live in another country either. I said I live in the Caribbean.

I’m American.
You are assuming I assumed you were Haitian. Thats evident. Your skin color tribalism has nothing to do with nationality. You even made it clear that this is about "African descended people" for you. Thats the tribalism you are wed to. It could have been some religion or ethnicity but you jumped on that tribalism and go on and on about the vast white conspiracy keeping "your tribe down". Thats the type of rhetoric that lead you astray.

Even you claimed that islamist terrorism in random European countries was "karma". Innocent children murdered because they are "reaping what they sowed". That is sick and disgusting racism. Islamists have no respect for you either if you are not a heterosexual, sunni male. They slaughter shia and christians in the Middle East in the most barbaric ways. While you try to bring your race tribalism into the mix because your view of whites is so negative no matter where they live.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
There was no tribalism among European powers. Thats laughable. Thats called strategic power struggles which forced the elites in Europe to give up a large amount of their power and status to challengers (the people) in order to build a stronger economy/military. European powers would destroy each other whenever strategically threatened. The elites simply do NOT care about skin colors like you do.

The biggest threat for the Haitian elite is the Haitian people. If the Haitian elite felt that a foreign threat was the biggest threat, they would actually open up for reform and progress and give the people a better life in the process.
Nope it was European tribalism. When Haiti won its independence by force, there were waves of uprisings among Africa slaves. Europeans superpowers and the U.S. banded together in support of France. They had the same goals, to exploit other groups to the benefit of European nations. Tribalism isn’t simply confined to skin color. If you weren’t so obsessed with color, you would realize it.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Nope it was European tribalism. When Haiti won its independence by force, there were waves of uprisings among Africa slaves. Europeans superpowers and the U.S. banded together in support of France. They had the same goals, to exploit other groups to the benefit of European nations. Tribalism isn’t simply confined to skin color. If you weren’t so obsessed with color, you would realize it.
That has nothing to do with "European tribalism". The elites that had hijacked the state for their own goals wanted to protect a highly inefficient mode of production for their own personal gain. Just because these elites had common personal goals does not mean that Britain and France had any love for each other. Or Germany for that matter. They simply do not care about skin color, but their own power. Thats why Serbia was bombed by America (it didnt matter that it was white) and the Soviet Union the biggest threat to American security for 50 years (it didnt matter that it was white). You view things through this absurd skin color prism and you cant see straight. Its like nazis who blame everything on the Jews. Sooner or later, you have to realize that you are led astray.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
You are assuming I assumed you were Haitian. Thats evident. Your skin color tribalism has nothing to do with nationality. You even made it clear that this is about "African descended people" for you. Thats the tribalism you are wed to. It could have been some religion or ethnicity but you jumped on that tribalism and go on and on about the vast white conspiracy keeping "your tribe down". Thats the type of rhetoric that lead you astray.

Even you claimed that islamist terrorism in random European countries was "karma". Innocent children murdered because they are "reaping what they sowed". That is sick and disgusting racism. Islamists have no respect for you either if you are not a heterosexual, sunni male. They slaughter shia and christians in the Middle East in the most barbaric ways. While you try to bring your race tribalism into the mix because your view of whites is so negative no matter where they live.
False. It was you and dechalete who began with the “you” comments in reference to Haiti. It is obvious that you subscribe to skin color tribalism and want to believe everyone is like you. You and the other poster assumed my nationality, ethnicity and so-called race etc. African descended people come from various tribes and have various skin colors. That has nothing to do with it. Further, I am mixed and have origins all over the globe. No one area or tribe can claim me and I identify with all. People such as yourself cannot fathom that because you feel everyone must be as tribal as you.

All of this crazy talk from you about white conspiracy...seems very paranoid.

My comment about terrorism has nothing to do with race. That is your ignorant assumption. Islam is a RELIGION, not a so-called race. And if you believe that Europe’s prior actions have no relation to what is happening today, not sure what to say about that.

Your comments indicate a paranoid state of being where you feel that if someone points out something wrong that someone white has done, you can’t handle it and they must hate white people. Very strange.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
That has nothing to do with "European tribalism". The elites that had hijacked the state for their own goals wanted to protect a highly inefficient mode of production for their own personal gain. Just because these elites had common personal goals does not mean that Britain and France had any love for each other. Or Germany for that matter. They simply do not care about skin color, but their own power. Thats why Serbia was bombed by America (it didnt matter that it was white) and the Soviet Union the biggest threat to American security for 50 years (it didnt matter that it was white). You view things through this absurd skin color prism and you cant see straight. Its like nazis who blame everything on the Jews. Sooner or later, you have to realize that you are led astray.
Why are you back on skin color again? You keep trying to project that discussion on me but that is all you are focused on.

Again, France owes Haiti $21 billion for the money it extorted from it as reparations for losing slaves.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Why are you back on skin color again? You keep trying to project that discussion on me but that is all you are focused on.

Again, France owes Haiti $21 billion for the money it extorted from it as reparations for losing slaves.
Why else do you keep banging on about the vast white conspiracy out to keep "your tribe down"? Now you claim you are "mixed" and that this is not tribalism on your part. How laughable is that. Its not like you care about dirt poor white Moldova. This is about skin color for you. Moldova is not your tribe. They are white. European. And will reap what they have sowed according to you. Absolutely mental. But thats usually what happens when people get into these weird tribal obsessions. Its "us" vs "them". And anything goes. Thats why you try to excuse islamist terrorists as well. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. For you its skin color. For others it can be religion. Or political orientation. Or ethnicity. Or caste. Or something else.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:49 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Haiti threw off their colonial overlords too soon, without ultimately absorbing and adopting the cultural, legal and institutional foundations that would have set the country up for success.

Plus, the French were terrible colonizers. British empire colonies have done much better. Thank our stars that the US and Canada were British colonies.

Of course, Zimbabwe ended up in shambles because of factors of incompetence and corruption, and I really see no evidence to suggest Haiti wouldn't have just been a crap hole no matter what. It's 2018. The culture of corruption and mismanagement in Haiti runs deep.

Compared to their Dominican cousins on the same island, the differences in outcomes are pretty stark.

Last edited by TriMT7; 01-03-2018 at 10:07 AM..

Old 01-03-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Why else do you keep banging on about the vast white conspiracy out to keep "your tribe down"? Now you claim you are "mixed" and that this is not tribalism on your part. How laughable is that. Its not like you care about dirt poor white Moldova. This is about skin color for you. Moldova is not your tribe. They are white. European. And will reap what they have sowed according to you. Absolutely mental. But thats usually what happens when people get into these weird tribal obsessions. Its "us" vs "them". And anything goes. Thats why you try to excuse islamist terrorists as well. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. For you its skin color. For others it can be religion. Or political orientation. Or ethnicity. Or caste. Or something else.
What in the world are you talking about? You’re babbling on about white conspiracy nonsense and still projecting your skin color issues onto others. What does tribe have to do with color? The truth is that you refuse to discuss the issue at hand.

Again, France need to return the money that it extorted from Haiti. No colonizer should be compensated for the loss of slaves.

“A group of international academics and authors has written to Nicolas Sarkozy calling on France to reimburse the crushing "independence debt" it imposed on Haiti nearly 200 years ago.

The open letter to the French president says the debt, now worth more than €17bn (£14bn), would cover the rebuilding of the country after a devastating earthquake that killed more than 250,000 people seven months ago.

Its signatories – including Noam Chomsky, the American linguist, Naomi Klein, the Canadian author and activist, Cornel West, the African-American author and civil rights activist, and several renowned French philosophers – say that if France repays the money it would be a solution to the shortfall in international donations promised following the earthquake...

The letter has also been signed by members of parliament from Europe, Canada and the Philippines, as well as scholars, journalists and activists in France, Haiti, the US, Canada, the UK, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Germany.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ependence-debt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies