Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:29 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Why does he think that it’s that bad? USA is far from paradise.
did you really just say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 06:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
France owes Haiti the $21 billion extorted from it.
No, it doesn't.

France would be foolish to pay that money.

Incidentally, America "owes" France a lot of money because France helped finance our revolutionary war -- and we never paid them back.

And we're not going to. It's ancient history. Same deal with Haiti and France.

Move on. It's over and done with.

Quote:
Perhaps color is your culture but not mine.
Except when you're blaming white Europeans for everything.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:31 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
That poster and his little sidekick have a problem with acknowledging history.
Indeed.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:34 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
There you go again obsessing over skin color.

There you go assuming my ethnic background again. Not Haitian. Get over it.

This isn’t about color. It is about extortion.

France owes Haiti the $21 billion extorted from it. This has been the subject of international discussion in recent years. In fact, former President Hollande initially stated that France would repay the debt but later backtracked. International scholars have urged them to do so.

You continue to obsess over color. Everything in your post is color, color, color etc. You keep attempted to avoid meaningful discussion. Perhaps color is your culture but not mine.
You have made this very clear that this is about skin color tribalism for you. You dont have to be Haitian to feel this tribalism. Tribalism is just meaningless emotions in your brain. It could have been religion for you or political orientation or some nationality or whatever. It doesnt matter. Its meaningless. You think that the reason you and where ever you descend from is poor is because of some global white conspiracy where white people (the "other tribe") try to hold back "your tribe". Wake up. Its in your head. Haiti is poor because the top 0.1% in Haiti have ruled with an iron fist for centuries. They are very comfortable with the status quo. You are not. But thats because you dont have any power and status and they do.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:39 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
I am supportive of any person in America celebrating their Heritage. I am for any person in America who came here from some other country celebrating the independence of the nation they came from.

I am supportive of any immigrant in this country taking the view the OP stated. I aint hurt by none of it.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
That poster and his little sidekick have a problem with acknowledging history.
The history is very clear. The elites in Haiti know perfectly well the policies they need to implement to develop. They have known that for centuries. They just do NOT want to do it because it is a threat to their power.

You are telling me that you pay as much attention to poor white European Moldova as Haiti and that this has nothing to do with skin color tribalism for you. Thats laughable.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:44 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You have made this very clear that this is about skin color tribalism for you. You dont have to be Haitian to feel this tribalism. Tribalism is just meaningless emotions in your brain. It could have been religion for you or political orientation or some nationality or whatever. It doesnt matter. Its meaningless. You think that the reason you and where ever you descend from is poor is because of some global white conspiracy where white people (the "other tribe") try to hold back "your tribe". Wake up. Its in your head. Haiti is poor because the top 0.1% in Haiti have ruled with an iron fist for centuries. They are very comfortable with the status quo. You are not. But thats because you dont have any power and status and they do.
Nope...you’re projecting. ALL of your post are about color and tribalism. You are trying to hard to avoid facts and make it personal. You started by assuming that I was Haitian and when on some crazy tangent. I’m not Haitian. Now you’re coming up with all sorts of nonsensical theories to avoid the subject at hand.

As stated, in my previous posts, France owes Haiti $21 billion. Of all nations, the slave-holding, colonial powers should not be paid reparations for the loss of slaves. You are angry because I stated that if you can recognize tribalism in Haiti, then you should recognize the tribalism of European superpowers in supporting the extortion until the middle of the 20rh century. The money should be returned to Haitians.

Period.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The history is very clear. The elites in Haiti know perfectly well the policies they need to implement to develop. They have known that for centuries. They just do NOT want to do it because it is a threat to their power.

You are telling me that you pay as much attention to poor white European Moldova as Haiti and that this has nothing to do with skin color tribalism for you. Thats laughable.
History is clear about the tribalism of European powers in their support of France’s extortion of reparations for the loss of its slave colony AND the corruption of Haitian elite.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
No, it doesn't.

France would be foolish to pay that money.

Incidentally, America "owes" France a lot of money because France helped finance our revolutionary war -- and we never paid them back.

And we're not going to. It's ancient history. Same deal with Haiti and France.

Move on. It's over and done with.

Except when you're blaming white Europeans for everything.
Except that is not the case. Go back and read. I placed blame on the French, the European superpowers that supported it and the Haitian elite, particularly the Duvaliers.

It’s not ancient history. The US remember WWII and Haiti paid beyond that time period.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Nope...you’re projecting. ALL of your post are about color, tribalism and ethnicity. You are trying to hard to avoid facts and make it personal. You started by assuming that I was Haitian. Sorry, I’m not. Now you’re coming up with all sorts of nonsensical theories to avoid the subject at hand.

As stated, in my previous posts, France owes Haiti $21 billion. Of all nations, the slave-holding, colonial power should not be paid reparations for the loss of slaves. The money should be returned to its rightful owners.

Period.
I have never assumed you were Haitian. Why would I? Didnt you state that you were from some other country very early in this thread? It doesnt matter where you are from. You feel skin color tribalism, just like some of the other posters in this thread who applaud terrorism against random innocent Europeans. And no, taxpayers are not obliged to give their wages to some corrupt entity in Haiti. Its very convenient for the corrupt elites that hold your nations back. Just blame the foreigners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies