Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 05:50 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
If you have nothing against it and approve of it, then why do continue to deny it?
Where did I deny it? Straw man.

Quote:
I live in one predominantly African island in the region from which I descend. I can live wherever I want, especially in the Americas where I have indigenous roots. Guess that you don’t so you’ll need to exit this hemisphere long before me.
Dream on.

You belong here, but you don't belong here. You seem confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 05:51 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
He was bluffing.

Why would the French want to recolonize Haiti?

The very idea is absurd.

Nice way to get some cash, though.

The French didn't massacre Haitians, they enslaved them.

You can't get work out of dead people.
You can't get work out of 45 year old people who have been in the fields since 12 either. Most concentration camps didn't send residents to the gas chambers - they simply worked them to the death.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You can't get work out of 45 year old people who have been in the fields since 12 either. Most concentration camps didn't send residents to the gas chambers - they simply worked them to the death.
Relevance to this conversation?

Or are you just throwing stuff out there?

Old 01-03-2018, 06:03 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its a terrible excuse and is precisely why the elites in Haiti can continue to oppress the people there. The ruling class dont care about skin color like you do. They simply do not. Not in France, not in America. The ruling class care about their own power and status. Hell, the only thing that forced the ruling elite to open up for change, progress and development in France itself was the strategic military threat from other European nations (or so-called "white people" as you would say). As long as there is no neighboring strategic military threat that forces the ruling class to build a strong economy by giving people more freedom, the elites will not open up for progress and instead cling to power through monopolies, corruption and cronyism. Religious elites and propagandists will manipulate the people with nonsense about religious secterianism and skin colors or some other tribal hogwash.

The elites in Haiti dont care about you because you share their skin color. The elites in America dont care about the skin color of Russians, Turks or Nigerians. They care about strategic threats to their power. They will and are gladly willing to support Africans against a power consisting of white people, like the Soviet Union for example. Only people like yourself care about these things, and thats why its so easy to manipulate the masses.
Point out my excuses?

France owes Haiti approximately $21 billion. PERIOD.

Haiti’s corrupt elite does not change that. The elite in most countries is corrupt.

Stop making excuses.

Also, what is all of the YOU talk?

Do you think I must be Haitian to point out that the French were wrong?

Sorry, I’m not Haitian. In fact, I have French heritage and yet I have no problem stating the truth.

How pathetic and desperate to assume someone must share the same ethnic background simply because they believe the history of a nation should be truthfully told.

Every other comment you make is about color. You seem obsessed with color and should work on that.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 01-03-2018 at 06:17 AM..

Old 01-03-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Where did I deny it? Straw man.

Dream on.

You belong here, but you don't belong here. You seem confused.
You denied it repeatedly and now want to backtrack. The only person confused is you.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Its a terrible excuse and is precisely why the elites in Haiti can continue to oppress the people there. The ruling class dont care about skin color like you do. They simply do not. Not in France, not in America. The ruling class care about their own power and status. Hell, the only thing that forced the ruling elite to open up for change, progress and development in France itself was the strategic military threat from other European nations (or so-called "white people" as you would say). As long as there is no neighboring strategic military threat that forces the ruling class to build a strong economy by giving people more freedom, the elites will not open up for progress and instead cling to power through monopolies, corruption and cronyism. Religious elites and propagandists will manipulate the people with nonsense about religious secterianism and skin colors or some other tribal hogwash.

The elites in Haiti dont care about you because you share their skin color. The elites in America dont care about the skin color of Russians, Turks or Nigerians. They care about strategic threats to their power. They will and are gladly willing to support Africans against a power consisting of white people, like the Soviet Union for example. Only people like yourself care about these things, and thats why its so easy to manipulate the masses.
Well said.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
You denied it repeatedly and now want to backtrack.
Nope. Not true.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:17 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Point out my excuse?

France owes Haiti approximately $21 billion. PERIOD.

Haiti’s corrupt elite does not change that. The elite is most countries are corrupt.

Stop making excuses.
The French taxpayers dont owe anything to anyone. Thats the stuff that right wing nuts in places like Poland also like to bring up when they want to increase their popularity, like Germany owing Poland trillions of dollars (oh look, two "white countries") because of the war. Its just a way to rile up the uneducated rural masses like yourself. The Haitian people are not poor because of France or "white people". In many countries, elites simply can not rule through corruption and monopolies because the poverty this causes weakens the national security so much it leads to huge strategic vulnerability. They are simply compelled to obey the rule of law to a large extent which is essential to progress. They cant just ride roughshod over the population like in Haiti. You are just trying to come up with racist excuses for the elites in Haiti that keep the people there in poverty to protect their own status. People like you are the reason they can do it. They divert the attention away from the source of the poverty of Haiti, which is the fact that the top 0.1% in Haiti rule with an iron fist. You like to believe that there is some vast white supremacy conspiracy and think that your tribe is people with similar skin color as yourself and other skin colors are out to get you. There is no such thing. Its in your head.

Last edited by PCALMike; 01-03-2018 at 06:26 AM..

Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
The French taxpayers dont owe anything to anyone. Thats the stuff that right wing nuts in places like Poland also like to bring up when they want to increase their popularity, like Germany owing Poland trillions of dollars (oh look, two "white countries") because of the war. Its just a way to rile up the uneducated rural masses like yourself. The Haitian people are not poor because of France or "white people". In many countries, elites simply can not rule through corruption and monopolies because it because the poverty this causes weakens the national security so much it leads to huge strategic vulnerability. You are just trying to come up with racist excuses for the elites in Haiti that keep the people there in poverty to protect their own status. People like you are the reason they can do it. They divert the attention away from the source of the poverty of Haiti, which is the fact that the top 0.1% in Haiti rule with an iron fist. You like to believe that there is some vast white supremacy conspiracy and think that your tribe is people with similar skin color as yourself and other skin colors are out to get you. There is no such thing. Its in your head.
There you go again obsessing over skin color.

There you go assuming my ethnic background again. Not Haitian. Get over it.

This isn’t about color. It is about extortion.

France owes Haiti the $21 billion extorted from it. This has been the subject of international discussion in recent years. In fact, former President Hollande initially stated that France would repay the debt but later backtracked. International scholars have urged them to do so.

You continue to obsess over color. Everything in your post is color, color, color etc. You keep attempted to avoid meaningful discussion. Perhaps color is your culture but not mine.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That poster and his little sidekick have a problem with acknowledging history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies