Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 12:45 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,459,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
300 years ago?

The French were murdering thousands of Vietnamese and Algerian people only decades ago. Have you forgotten?
So were Americans.

As an American, do you feel guilty for that?

What penance are you making?

Or are you not an American?

Whatever you are, I can find you guilty of something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 12:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,314,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So were Americans.

As an American, do you feel guilty for that?

What penance are you making?

Or are you not an American?

Whatever you are, I can find you guilty of something.
Whatever I am?

I’m an American descendant of African slaves. That’s all. Nothing more.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Whatever I am?

I’m an American descendant of African slaves. That’s all. Nothing more.
Fine. Then you're an American.

And guilty of whatever Americans are guilty of when it comes to other countries -- like Vietnam.

You are no better than the French, who also messed with Vietnam.

Now you can apply your "sow-reap" philosophy to yourself.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,314,631 times
Quote:
Haitians massacred 60,000 white men, women, and children after they became independent.

I guess they know about "sowing and reaping," being the poorest, most corrupt country on the planet.
Would you kill someone who attempted to take away you and your children’s freedom?

Assuming that your answer is “yes,” why were the Haitians wrong for doing what any Frenchman would’ve done?

Old 01-03-2018, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Would you kill someone who attempted to take away you and your children’s freedom?

Assuming that your answer is “yes,” why were the Haitians wrong for doing what any Frenchman would’ve done?
Killing defenseless women and children is okay with you, but you lecture us about "sowing what you reap."

Old 01-03-2018, 03:14 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,213,764 times
Quote:
I doubt that very much.
You can doubt it all you want. It is a FACT.

I find it hilarious that anyone would doubt that but then so many of you don’t know history.

France urged to repay Haiti's huge 'independence debt' - BBC News

https://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/20...i-reparations/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ba6dca13208f

https://www.google.com/amp/www.teles...0511-0032.html

Old 01-03-2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Haitians massacred 60,000 white men, women, and children after they became independent.

I guess they know about "sowing and reaping," being the poorest, most corrupt country on the planet.
Stop the lies.

About 40,000 French died DURING the fight for independence. You’re just angry to hear that Africans fought for their freedom and won it. They fought from 1791-1803.

Between 3,000 and 5,000 French men, women and children were killed after independence when the French were threatening to reinstate slavery. The remaining French were seen as threats to the nation and killed.

Funny you’re upset that about 45,000 whites were killed but you’re not concerned that the whites killed over 100,000 Africans during the same time for fighting for their freedom.

Ah, so fighting for freedom from whites who enslaved, beat, rape and kill your people makes one corrupt? Talk about non-existent morals.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Haiti became independent of France and then collapsed into the miserable failure that it's been ever since.

But if they want to celebrate that, I guess it's okay.
Nope. The French extorted the equivalent of $21 billion dollars as reparations for not being able to have Haitian slaves and did so on the threat of reinvasion.

The French are the biggest thieves of the West and all the superpowers supported France due to their fears of slave uprisings and anger that there was now an independent Black republic.

Hilarious you refuse to acknowledge the France’s forced reparations of $21 billion. Your above attempt to rewrite history is laughable. Nice try though.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Nope. The French extorted the equivalent of $21 billion dollars as reparations for not being able to have Haitian slaves and did so on the threat of reinvasion.

The French are the biggest thieves of the West and all the superpowers supported France due to their fears of slave uprisings and anger that there was now an independent Black republic.

Hilarious you refuse to acknowledge the France’s forced reparations of $21 billion. Your above attempt to rewrite history is laughable. Nice try though.
Your story makes no sense.

"Pay us or we'll re-invade you."

Yeah, right.

France was really going to do that.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Between 3,000 and 5,000 French men, women and children were killed after independence when the French were threatening to reinstate slavery. The remaining French were seen as threats to the nation and killed.
By your own admission. Women and children killed.

How did they do it? With machetes?

Proceed with the "We were wronged" lecture. And "What goes around comes around."

It appears to keep "coming around" for Haiti, doesn't it?

Why not go back there and fix the place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies