Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 08:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What is interesting about California is that the 4 fastest growing mega-companies are headquartered in California....Facebook, Apple, Netflix, and Google.

These companies account for most of the growth in stock indexes...while California's poverty rate rises.

Guess what those companies pay in State and local taxes, as an incentive to headquarter there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 08:50 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What is interesting about California is that the 4 fastest growing mega-companies are headquartered in California....Facebook, Apple, Netflix, and Google.

These companies account for most of the growth in stock indexes...while California's poverty rate rises.
The elitists don't care about people in poverty. These companies are all run by far left ideologues. If they did care, they would try to do things where the poor could help themselves, learn a trade, etc. Instead they promote things like man made climate change, illegal aliens, and Muslim refugees.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:53 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Most of the super rich are liberal Democrats, and that is ignored because of their politics.

Most liberals give them a pass as they screech about inequality.
You're clutching at straws. Plenty of progressives condemn big money in politics and how it destroys democracy. Why do you think Hillary only won the nomination because of African Americans?

Old 01-02-2018, 08:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Get over your envy. They also employ thousands of Americans.
I applaud their success and love that they provide things like jobs. I just like to point out the hypocrisy of so many liberals who ignore that the richest people in the US tend to be Democrat supporters who get that free pass from those screaming inequality.

Since I’m ok with them legally and morally accumulating mass fortunes, why would I be envious (in a negative way)?

How often do you hear someone like PCALMike call out an ultra rich Democrat like Bezos when he is on one of his inequality/rich owner rants?

Old 01-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The elitists don't care about people in poverty. These companies are all run by far left ideologues. If they did care, they would try to do things where the poor could help themselves, learn a trade, etc. Instead they promote things like man made climate change, illegal aliens, and Muslim refugees.
There is nothing "far left" about screwing over the working stiff of America. Sounds like you should get involved in the trade union movement which has always supported making trade schools accessible and fought for workers rights, public funding of elections and healthcare for all.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You're clutching at straws. Plenty of progressives condemn big money in politics and how it destroys democracy. Why do you think Hillary only won the nomination because of African Americans?
I see them condemn specific big money in politics, but as they yammer constantly about inequality, they never name names of the ultra elite Democrats.

When you talk about wage disparity all the time, I never hear you mention someone like Bezos. He is worth nearly $100 billion. Why don’t you ever call him out as you talk about greedy business owners?

Old 01-02-2018, 09:00 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post, a Far Left, BIASED RAG. Look at the politics of the senior management of Google, Yahoo, MSN, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon (Bezos again), Apple, Comcast, Disney, etc. All are far left, Democrat donating, and supporting. They are insulated due to their overwhelming wealth, so don't care about oppressive policies that affect the masses. They want more division, dependency, and control in the hands of the few, which happen to be them, their cronies, and the politicians they use.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:01 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I applaud their success and love that they provide things like jobs. I just like to point out the hypocrisy of so many liberals who ignore that the richest people in the US tend to be Democrat supporters who get that free pass from those screaming inequality.
It is not ignored. It is a well known fact that many of the worlds richest people are Democrats. They openly support the Dem agenda for healthcare, education etc and are willing to pay more in taxes to support those ideas. Warren Buffet says the tax system is ridiculous because he is a billionaire and pays less income taxes than his secretary.

What exactly is your point?

Old 01-02-2018, 09:02 AM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO!! Statistica, lol.

Let’s take a look at an actual real study: The Increasingly Unequal States of America: Income Inequality by State, 1917 to 2012 | Economic Policy Institute

The top 1% to the 99% ratio for California is 34.9 while Louisiana is 23.9.

Not even close.
Obviously they're measuring inequality in different ways.

Your own link shows Wyoming, North Dakota and Texas as the top 3 unequal states. All 3 red states.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I see them condemn specific big money in politics, but as they yammer constantly about inequality, they never name names of the ultra elite Democrats.

When you talk about wage disparity all the time, I never hear you mention someone like Bezos. He is worth nearly $100 billion. Why don’t you ever call him out as you talk about greedy business owners?
I have done that several times. What Bezos is doing is an utter disgrace. Bezos is a self proclaimed libertarian. Washington Post is simply pushing the corporate agenda of weaker unions, more inequality, expensive healthcare, fewer worker's rights and a terrible social safety net. You need to pick this fight with Wall Street Democrats. Not progressives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies