Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The Republicans can't just do whatever they want, the committee is made up of both Republicans, and democrats.
So it is Democrats in the committee holding this up? Has anyone said this publicly? Or is that just your intuition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 03:24 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Fusion ran their mouth calling for the release of the transcripts knowing then can't be released.

Well, Grassley just called them out.

Fusion's mouth wrote a check, it's time for their butts to cash it.

You dems shouldn't have latched onto this, Fusion was clearly just sh*t talking.

Fusion, the time for trash talking is over, put up, or shut up.
I think you have it backwards, Grassley knows they wont agree to a public hearing and just changed his song but it suits his needs to keep the conspiracy going. I imagine that the 17 hours of testimony amounted to quite a bit of information, regardless I didn't hear any request for more closed door meetings.

It really doesn't matter in the scheme of things, this is just a GOP side show and Mueller will continue. The GOP would love an open hearing so they could continue the circus, best to just drop it since Grassley will not release anything.

I think Grassley needs more administrative help, seems like 5 months should be enough time. What changed since August.
Quote:
Grassley said in August that he believed the transcripts would ultimately be released, while cautioning that "it takes a long time for the court reporter to get it ready to go."
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...e-of-interview

Last edited by Goodnight; 01-04-2018 at 03:41 PM..

Old 01-04-2018, 03:26 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But Rosenstein and Wray are Trump appointees. Surely, if they had evidence that would help Trump, they would turn it over to Nunes, right?
Nonsense. Roenstein is thick as thieves with Comey, Mueller, Strzok & Weisman.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
That's interesting. Has the FBI ever made a FISC warrant application public in an ongoing investigation? Do you believe there may be national security reasons for not publicizing the document or even that publicizing the document may compromise the investigation?

Also, and this is the more important question, do you believe it's important to know whether the President of the United States is compromised by the Russian government?
The FBI said there was no threat to natioonal security. In fact, it's public domain and by law they must show the application. They simply didn't want to comply with the law.

The most important question is, is the investigation on the up and up. I know the left gave up rule of law when they shifted to "by any means neccesary", but law enforcement can not go rogue to get someone, even if that someone is a bad guy. If they were trying to get a drug king pin, they can not falsify evidence in order to get a warrant. That would never hold uop in court. If Trump's guilty of collusion (whatever that is?) it must be proven lawfully.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This is a lie from start to finish.

The Russians and the Republicans are trying to paint the dossier as some poison tree that the investigation is the fruit of. This is a lie.

The dossier was given to the FBI. They did not obtain it by illegal means.

Don Junior should've told the FBI about his meeting with the Russians as well. This is what you do with information that needs to be investigated by the FBI. You give it to the FBI.

Fusion GPS has not stonewalled. They have given over 20 hours of testimony.

My understanding is that in the beginning they declined to name their funding source until matters were cleared up. Apparently, that has been cleared up.

They also drew the line at a fishing expedition for the records of companies that had nothing to do with the Trump case.
The irony of YOU calling ME a liar, lol.

Try to follow along because I've explained tghis to you zeveral times now so you're either intentionally playing dumb because you want to illegally "get" the president by any means neccesary, lawful or unlawful, or you're just so dense that you can't grasp a simple concept. If the FBI used the unverified dossier in order to get the FISA warrant, then the investigation is over. In order to get a warrant to spy on a presidential cnadidate and his campaign team you must have evidence. The dossier was completely unverified. James Comey said as much months later under oath when he called it "salacious and unverified". That's why people want to see what evidence the FBI presented to the FISA court and which judge granted the warrant. If in fact the dossier was the impetus for the FISA warrant (which it may not have been?) and it was completely unverified, either the judge illegally issued a FISA warrant against a presidential candidate and his campaign team or the FBI lied and claimed it had been verified.

If either of those happened, the investigation is over because anything gleaned from the wire tapping of Trump tower and the campaign is illegal. That would mean Michael Flynn's case is thrown out since he was convicted on the basis of information from the wire tap. Carter Page, Jared Kushner, Don Jr. anyone who is being investigated on the back of that warrant would all walk & those FBI agents or the judge would find themselves on the other side of the law. Like I said several times, it's probably not the case. The FBI probably didn't use the dossier to get the FISA warrant, but the fact that they acknowledge there is no national security threat and that legally they must comply, yet refuse to do so, makes it look shady. Why not just release the application and get it out of the way?

The Don Jr meeting was an obvious frame by Fusion GPS who was being paid to set Trump by the Clinton campaign. Ron Goldstone works for Fusion GPS. He contacted Donald Jr to set up the meeting. Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion GPS met with the Russian lawyer immediately before and after she met with the Trump team. Then the media leaks about the meeting began. Coincidentally we find Fusion GPS was paying journalists at that time so one might conclude they were paying to have the leaks released, but we don't know because they're fighting to have their fionancial payments to mainstream media journalists kept hidden. Surely if the NYT, WaPo, CNN and others are so corrupt that they're taking cash payments from pollitical operatives in order to leak stories, you'd want to know that correct? Nothing Fusion GPS says is to be taken seriously. They are a political hit squad for hire.

Two of the three partners at Fusion GPS refused to appear before the congressional committee, then when forced to appear took the 5th on every single question. Simpson appeared, but refused to answer many of the questions asked him. That's called stonewalling.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I don't understand why they have a ready-made story for everything (Fusion GPS, Seth Rich, etc.) except for the Trump campaign's admitted contacts with Russian operatives, which they initially lied about. What is the narrative for that?
I don't neccesarily disagree with you. Here's where I'm at. Unlike these people you hold in contempt, who are EXACTLY like yourself, with ready made excuses for anything that helps "their side", I'd like everything to come out in the wash in a legal and transparent manner.

Point blank, I admit the lies look sketchy.

Now why can't you admit half of Mueller's team having been demoted or forced to resign due to obvious political bias against the President, secret FBI meetings about "Plan B" in case Trump was elected, paying the Russians to get the dossier on Trump, refusing to tell us what was used to acquire the FISA warrant, etc. all look equally shady?

I say march them all off to jail if they're guilty. Obama, Bill, Hillary, Huma, the Podestas, the FBI hieracrchy, Trump, Don Jr, Kushner, Flynn and Manafort. Can we agree on that?

Old 01-04-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Who told you that? Trump? The phenomenon of 'never-Trumpers' came about because so many republicans thought (and still think) that Trump is unfit and unqualified for the office. He is proving them correct.

The DOJ is an independent agency. They did not like Obama or other political officials sticking their nose into their business or trying to influence them. So this stuff about how threatening Trump is, is total BS.

The only threatening thing about Trump is that he is ignorant, inexperienced, reactionary, thin-skinned, childish, self-absorbed and a wannabe Autocrat. Trump wants to be able to tell the DOJ who to prosecute, who to investigate, to shut down investigations he doesn't like and he can't. The Autocrat doesn't like that kind of protocol in his totalitarian dream.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obama-...ice-department

Why the Justice Department operates free of White House sway - LA Times
I get it. You respect the establishment. You respect the NeoCons, NeoLibs, intel agencies and take them all at their word. I don't. I like the hell raisers. The crazy ones who try to change the establishment. I like Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, Debnnis Kucinich, Ron Paul and Donald Trump.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:37 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Well, well, well, looks like a judge just ruled that Fusion GPS has to turn over it's bank records.

You will remember that Fusion refused to turn over it banks records, then fought in court to conceal payments to journalists, and other media outlets.

Looks like Congress will be able to see which journalists Fusion was paying to push the dossier story.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:38 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Nonsense. Roenstein is thick as thieves with Comey, Mueller, Strzok & Weisman.
Those pesky Republicans.... er thieves.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:47 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The irony of YOU calling ME a liar, lol.

Try to follow along because I've explained tghis to you zeveral times now so you're either intentionally playing dumb because you want to illegally "get" the president by any means neccesary, lawful or unlawful, or you're just so dense that you can't grasp a simple concept. If the FBI used the unverified dossier in order to get the FISA warrant, then the investigation is over. In order to get a warrant to spy on a presidential cnadidate and his campaign team you must have evidence. The dossier was completely unverified. James Comey said as much months later under oath when he called it "salacious and unverified". That's why people want to see what evidence the FBI presented to the FISA court and which judge granted the warrant. If in fact the dossier was the impetus for the FISA warrant (which it may not have been?) and it was completely unverified, either the judge illegally issued a FISA warrant against a presidential candidate and his campaign team or the FBI lied and claimed it had been verified.

If either of those happened, the investigation is over because anything gleaned from the wire tapping of Trump tower and the campaign is illegal. That would mean Michael Flynn's case is thrown out since he was convicted on the basis of information from the wire tap. Carter Page, Jared Kushner, Don Jr. anyone who is being investigated on the back of that warrant would all walk & those FBI agents or the judge would find themselves on the other side of the law. Like I said several times, it's probably not the case. The FBI probably didn't use the dossier to get the FISA warrant, but the fact that they acknowledge there is no national security threat and that legally they must comply, yet refuse to do so, makes it look shady. Why not just release the application and get it out of the way?

The Don Jr meeting was an obvious frame by Fusion GPS who was being paid to set Trump by the Clinton campaign. Ron Goldstone works for Fusion GPS. He contacted Donald Jr to set up the meeting. Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion GPS met with the Russian lawyer immediately before and after she met with the Trump team. Then the media leaks about the meeting began. Coincidentally we find Fusion GPS was paying journalists at that time so one might conclude they were paying to have the leaks released, but we don't know because they're fighting to have their fionancial payments to mainstream media journalists kept hidden. Surely if the NYT, WaPo, CNN and others are so corrupt that they're taking cash payments from pollitical operatives in order to leak stories, you'd want to know that correct? Nothing Fusion GPS says is to be taken seriously. They are a political hit squad for hire.

Two of the three partners at Fusion GPS refused to appear before the congressional committee, then when forced to appear took the 5th on every single question. Simpson appeared, but refused to answer many of the questions asked him. That's called stonewalling.
LOOK, matey everyone gets it, you want to taint the source in order to try to invalidate the evidence.
But you don't have anything other than fantasy, not a single shred of proof of any wrong doing nor do you have any reason to even suspect wrongdoing by any of our security forces.

Rosenstein is doing exactly what he is supposed to do. Mueller is doing exactly what he is supposed to do.
what is it that either one of those is doing that is upsetting you?

I mean stop and think for one min. Mueller is investigating Team Trump, he is mandated to find out if there was any crime and when he is done he will present his findings. What part of that scares you so much. If Trump was not working with Putin's people he will be free and clear and the stronger for it.

so why are you so concerned? remember if Trump did work with the Russians, you too surely want him to by jailed, i mean you are hardly so partisan that you would be OK with a POTUS in the pocket of a foreign power and we can be absolutely 100% certain that if Trump really was involve with PUTIN that PUTIN retained lots of proof and is blackmailing trump.

But again if Trump is clean he is clean and Mueller appears to be an honorable Republican. and lets face it, a lot of dems will be annoyed if Mueller just says, something like "trump was careless but not grossly negligent"...... and that is a likely outcome even if trump really is guilty... and what is more anyone really paying attention can already see that.

the alternative is you really do think Trump conspired with PUTIN and you are willing to cover for him, and i really do doubt that would be true even for most of the extremists here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies