Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2018, 11:03 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it's a distortion of the author's notes from the book,
That's exactly what I thought.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:04 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i just saw how trump denies giving wolff access to the white house ( claims to have repeatedly turned him down ). that appears to be false since nobody else is debating that wolff had access to the west wing.
Well, the President said in his official White House statement last week that he "rarely" had one on one meetings with Bannon, who was the head of his campaign and chief white house strategist.

From Trump's statement:

Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

(the full actual WH statement can be read here: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-bannon-322279)

So, it seems President Trump had remarkably little personal contact with someone who he gave key roles to in his campaign and administration.

Perhaps that is why he was unaware that Bannon, and others on his staff, were having all of these tell all meetings in the White House with Wolff.

Trump just doesn't know what the heck is going on in the White House.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:17 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Well, the President said in his official White House statement last week that he "rarely" had one on one meetings with Bannon, who was the head of his campaign and chief white house strategist.

From Trump's statement:

Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

(the full actual WH statement can be read here: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-bannon-322279)

So, it seems President Trump had remarkably little personal contact with someone who he gave key roles to in his campaign and administration.

Perhaps that is why he was unaware that Bannon, and others on his staff, were having all of these tell all meetings in the White House with Wolff.

The mind truly boggles. According to Trump, the guy he appointed to be his chief strategy advisor was someone he barely knew and hardly ever talked to. I guess Trump just picked Bannon up at the local McD's? Took one look at him and said 'Hey, that's my guy'?

Sheeeesh.

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-06-2018 at 12:33 PM..

Old 01-06-2018, 11:20 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I read that interview with the NYT and that was taken out of context.

They are searching for anything, anyway to get rid of him and you people are going along with it like lemmings. Every person who has ever held power in DC for the past 30 years is against him, if you like the direction we've gone since Bush 1 then by all means you want to keep things the same. I think our country has been corrupted and special interests have been put before the American people for 30 years

Oh its been going on for much longer than that............

The Trust Buster [ushistory.org]

Old 01-06-2018, 11:57 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
When the author himself claims in the Prologue that he doesn't know if anything is true, when liberal journalists dismiss Wolff for writing fiction, when people in the book offer proof they never said or did what was claimed, when many 'facts' are easily disproved with a google search, this book is no more than tabloid gossip. But tabloids have always been popular with uneducated people. The ones who still believe Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston will get back together.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:33 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

From Trump's statement:

Or a giant 3rd grade liar.....

Old 01-06-2018, 12:36 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
When the author himself claims in the Prologue ...
Keep spinning like that you're gonna get dizzy.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:59 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
This just sums it about about just right!
Wow! I had to look this up as it clearly didn’t sound like something ANYONE would tweet. Of all the insane tweets, this one seemed completely unhinged. OMG! It is REAL!

BTW, the link came up on Fox News...

I can’t even!

Old 01-06-2018, 01:23 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
.... when people in the book offer proof they never said or did what was claimed, .....
link?

Old 01-06-2018, 01:26 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
When the author himself claims in the Prologue that he doesn't know if anything is true, when liberal journalists dismiss Wolff for writing fiction, when people in the book offer proof they never said or did what was claimed, when many 'facts' are easily disproved with a google search, this book is no more than tabloid gossip. But tabloids have always been popular with uneducated people. The ones who still believe Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston will get back together.
He has all kinds of sources to cite the validity of his claims.

Just go to CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, wapo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies