Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 03:58 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
This isn't about Blue subsidizing Blue, it's about CA subsidizing red states. It doesn't matter if more blue voters in red states are likely to be on federal social programs, they are not CA residents.

Should corporate income tax be eliminated? Probably not. I'm not complaining about that.

So you are arguing for an Articles of Confederation style government with little unification?

You also want California to help create national laws and policies, but then not help pay for them?

California's mega corporations like Apple, Netflix, Google, Facebook, etc...make profits in every single state and in every single county of every single state. Why shouldn't they have to pay corporate taxes to the federal government?

If California's mega-corporations relocated or we eliminated corporate income taxes at the federal level than this whole perceived slight to California would go away.

So, which would you prefer to fix this perceived slight to California? Eliminating the federal income tax or forced relocation of California mega-corporations? If we followed one of these policies it would even out the taxes "California" (Apple, Facebook, Google, Netflix, Disney-ABC-ESPN) has to pay.

My guess is that you want to have your cake and eat it too. My guess is that you are upset by Trump lowering corporate taxes, yet you want to whine about "California" paying more in taxes to the national government per capita than average, because of corporate headquarters located in California resulting in those corporations paying taxes to the federal government paying taxes out of those states, despite making money all over the world.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:15 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well when you reduce taxes for the 1 percent and corporations, you have to take it from others. Red states don't have that kind of money so blue states pay. They have paid more than their fair share already. But our state taxes go to funding infrastructure and keeping our waters clean just to name 2. Red states could care less about their states since all they are concerned about is keeping more money in their pockets and not investing in their own state.
BS... I can tell you've never been to Texas. Everything you just stated is totally false.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:17 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
It's typical of Democrats to find ways to circumvent the law.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So what are you going to do when you retire (if you ever get to) and have to depend on SS to pay your housing and property tax. Then again, by then, who knows how much your property tax will go up.

Around here, for $500k we can get a 3000 sq foot house on an acre of land and pay "$5k in property tax". You should be complaining about your local taxes.
I am talking about NYC. Personally I live in Florida, where property taxes can also easily exceed $10K on a 2 br condo.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I just find it humorous that the "pay your fair share" Dems are now trying to avoid paying their fair share of Federal taxes.
You are amused by your own ignorance. This is hitting the middle class in many places, as well as millions of small businesses. The irony is in the fact that you suddenly agree with everything you have opposed in the past.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:08 AM

89,027 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are amused by your own ignorance. This is hitting the middle class in many places, as well as millions of small businesses.
And they DON'T want to pay their fair share of taxes, why?

Old 01-05-2018, 06:45 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
I never said I don't want to tax the rich. I said I don't want to tax the middle class, something that way too many right-wingers love to do.

My taxes is absolutely the problem of the Feds! I know right-wingers don't believe in a good government, but government is here to serve the people. This is exactly what my tax dollar is for.

The "right-wingers don't believe in good government" claptrap aside, government is here to serve the people, not to steal from some to give to others. That's not what MY tax dollar is for.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:46 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Liberals have been paying MORE than their fair share.

The question is: Why don't conservatives pay their fair share??

They do? I guess I never realized there was a different tax structure for liberals vs conservatives.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:06 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are amused by your own ignorance. This is hitting the middle class in many places, as well as millions of small businesses. The irony is in the fact that you suddenly agree with everything you have opposed in the past.
Ignorance is believing high income means you are wealthy and the left has been preaching this for as long as I can remember.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And they DON'T want to pay their fair share of taxes, why?
Why don't you ask the people you are referring to? I have no clue what you are parroting, or why you are parroting it to me. All I can see it you one day crying about taxes, and the next day celebrating them. Who knows what the heck you are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies