Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 10:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ignorance is believing high income means you are wealthy and the left has been preaching this for as long as I can remember.
Based on your comments on this very thread, that would be YOU, thinking someone living in a 300 sqft condo is "rich" because they live in a metro with high property prices.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:13 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are amused by your own ignorance. This is hitting the middle class in many places, as well as millions of small businesses. The irony is in the fact that you suddenly agree with everything you have opposed in the past.
Because you're now required to pay yourself a reasonable salary for what you do. It's funny, leftist complain about the cap on income for paying FICA tax purposes but now their mad because they won't be able to avoid avoiding paying what they should.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Because you're now required to pay yourself a reasonable salary for what you do.
No, I will be forced to pay unreasonable salary and pay 15% FICA on it.

Quote:
It's funny, leftist complain about the cap on income for paying FICA tax purposes but now their mad because they won't be able to avoid avoiding paying what they should.
You'll have to take that up with the people who have actually complained about it (whatever it is you claim they complained about).

Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,522,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's typical of Democrats to find ways to circumvent the law.
Maybe if Republicans didn't let lobbyists write their tax bill and pass it in the dead of night with handwritten edits, they wouldn't have crafted a law so open to circumvention. Maybe regular order actually achieves something--deliberative policy making.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:15 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Why don't you ask the people you are referring to?
I am. You. You're complaining about your taxes increasing. Why are you unwilling to pay your fair share?

Old 01-05-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Because you're now required to pay yourself a reasonable salary for what you do. It's funny, leftist complain about the cap on income for paying FICA tax purposes but now they're mad because they won't be able to avoid avoiding paying what they should.
Bingo!

Old 01-05-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I am. You. You're complaining about your taxes increasing. Why are you unwilling to pay your fair share?
Lets try this again: Why don't you ask the people who said what you claim they said about 'fair share'. I can't speak for them.

My FICA share is 15%, and yours is 7.5%. Fair share? Well, I have not complained in the past, since I voluntarily made my decisions based on existing tax code, but now that Trump Tax is hiking my tax burden by $650 per month, I might have to look into alternative arrangements. You can call it anything you want, and assume my position to be anything you want, but I still have no clue why you keep parroting the "fair share" to me.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Trump seems to fight back to make sure he can extract as much tax as possible.

The "economic civil war" sounds like a very fitting way to describe the situation they created with this tax bill.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...nds/ar-BBHUwxa

The Trump administration may try to block potential plans by high-tax states including New York and California to shield residents from state and local tax break changes, according to White House economic adviser Gary Cohn.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Lets try this again: Why don't you ask the people who said what you claim they said about 'fair share'. I can't speak for them.

My FICA share is 15%, and yours is 7.5%.
Incorrect. As an S Corp business owner, I paid both the employee and employer FICA tax.
Quote:
Fair share? Well, I have not complained in the past, since I voluntarily made my decisions based on existing tax code, but now that Trump Tax is hiking my tax burden by $650 per month, I might have to look into alternative arrangements. You can call it anything you want
I'm calling it exactly what it IS. You don't want to "pay your fair share."

Old 01-05-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm calling it exactly what it IS. You don't want to "pay your fair share."
Well, it seems you are some kind of "fair share" warrior, where "fair share" means same as "as much tax as possible". Thanks for sharing. No need to parrot it all day long.

Me, I just want to make a living, which is becoming increasingly difficult with Trump taxing the living crap out of businesses such as mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies