Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 02:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No worries, your politicians will blame the federal gov't in hopes that you'll follow their lead and ignore it's they who are taxing the chit out of you.
My politicians....taxing the chit out of me......Sorry, you lost me there. You mean Marco Rubio, or Rick Scott are taxing the 'chit' out of me, and then blame the fed government for it?

The other tax hikes in the bill targeting small businesses are a far greater concern for me than property tax. I just wanted to check with you if you thought a person who can barely afford a 300 sq ft apartment is 'rich', and I believe you have confirmed it is indeed the case.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
My politicians....taxing the chit out of me......Sorry, you lost me there. You mean Marco Rubio, or Rick Scott are taxing the 'chit' out of me, and then they will blame the fed government for it?
Ok, so you'd rather ignore Dems trying to get around "paying their fair share" Ok got it.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Ok, so you'd rather ignore Dems trying to get around "paying their fair share" Ok got it.
I am just asking you a very simple question, which you seem incapable of answering.

I am not going keep asking the same question. I take your dodging as a "YES", meaning you consider a person who can barely afford a 300 sq fl studio as rich, because they have to pay high property tax for it.

Yes, I think those States have the right to try to lessen the tax penalty imposed on them by the new tax bill. I wish I had a way to lessen the penalty on small business, but I don't think there is a way around it, except abandoning the business and becoming a full time employee again.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I am just asking you a very simple question, which you seem incapable of answering.

I am not going keep asking the same question. I take your dodging as a "YES", meaning you consider a person who can barely afford a 300 sq fl studio as rich, because they have to pay high property tax for it.
Then don't keep asking. It's simple especially since you obviously don't like the answer.

hmm, come to think of it... there's a car I really like. I'll ask them if I can donate and they'll give me an appreciation car and I can write off my contribution, reducing my taxes and the other tax payers can subsidize my new car

Old 01-03-2018, 02:22 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
What in effect these states have done is to push the cost of their higher taxes to the entire nation, by allowing these dollar for dollar write offs. The federal treasury was subsidizing these states higher taxes, now that this is gone the citizens will now go to the only source left for taxation aggravation; their State legislature which will be reminded of their errant ways, and dare I say tax revolts...

CA pays more in federal taxes than we get back. We've been subsidizing the red states for generations.

If you want to talk about paying their fair share, it's a conversation that CA is dying to have. I don't know what state you live in, but if it's a red state chances are I'm subsidizing you.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
CA pays more in federal taxes than we get back. We've been subsidizing the red states for generations.

If you want to talk about paying their fair share, it's a conversation that CA is dying to have. I don't know what state you live in, but if it's a red state chances are I'm subsidizing you.

By your standard, a lot of us who work and pay taxes pay more in federal taxes than I'll ever get back. And people who are on welfare who don't pay taxes get what they never put in.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Then don't keep asking. It's simple especially since you obviously don't like the answer.
Correct. Your answer reeks of high hypocrisy and no one likes that.

Quote:
hmm, come to think of it... there's a car I really like. I'll ask them if I can donate and they'll give me an appreciation car
Yes, why don't you do that.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:

I gave you the answer, you just didn't like it.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:26 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
By your standard, a lot of us who work and pay taxes pay more in federal taxes than I'll ever get back. And people who are on welfare who don't pay taxes get what they never put in.

If you live in a red state, you have gotten more than you've ever paid in federal taxes. Complaining about the welfare people is therefore hypocritical.

If you live in a blue state, then you have the right to complain.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Dems trying to deduct local taxes from the federal coffers can open the door to that possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies